Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

OZ FILMS WE'VE ENJOYED.......

OZ FILMS WE'VE ENJOYED.......

Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:43 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ FILMS WE'VE ENJOYED.......

Strictly Ballroom.....actually says a lot about Australian culture and attitudes

G
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:39 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

How about "Malcolm".............great film, and it has one of the catchiest tunes I've ever heard.....played on a harmonium no less.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

'Once Were Warriors' insight to family life in New Zealand!!
I was told to watch this film by a lady who had managed to get to a women's refuge and escape her violent life.
Good film but sad at the same time.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold

Hey thanks - next stop Video 2000. Have heard of some of them, but not all.

I've heard about Once We were Warriors and I think that will be a tough one to sit thru . Will give it a go.

It clicked with me today how much Rabbit Proof Fence is so relevant at the moment (The "Sorry" - Stolen Generation). How slow am I. Brings it into perspective a bit.

And I am a sucker for anything with Russel Crowe of course - he did the commentary for a programme on Australia and just his voice......

The other good one for local (NZ) scenery has to be the Lord of the Rings films. We spent some time where they filmed those - wow.

A xx
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abergas
'Once Were Warriors' insight to family life in New Zealand!!
I was told to watch this film by a lady who had managed to get to a women's refuge and escape her violent life.
Good film but sad at the same time.
Originally Posted by alliekate
And I am a sucker for anything with Russel Crowe of course - he did the commentary for a programme on Australia and just his voice......

A xx
Once Were Warriors is one of my favourite movies, but it's definitely not an easy watch. You will definitely go through the spectrum of the emotions while watching that one and it will stay with you for a long time afterward, an excellent movie.

Can't stand Russell Crowe myself, he's sooo up himself! Find it hard to bring myself to watch movies with him in them these days (same with Nicole Kidman for some reason) but I did enjoy Cinderella Man and American Gangster.

Other fave non-aussie movies would be: 21 Grams, City of God, Life is Beautiful (please watch this if you haven't, it's amazing), Godfathers I&II.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: OZ FILMS WE'VE ENJOYED.......

I'd forgive Russel Crowe anything for Gladiator - but am with you on Nicole Kidman.

Sorry, Gladiator is still one of my fave films.............

A xxx
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:00 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Once Were Warriors is one of my favourite movies, but it's definitely not an easy watch. You will definitely go through the spectrum of the emotions while watching that one and it will stay with you for a long time afterward, an excellent movie.

Can't stand Russell Crowe myself, he's sooo up himself! Find it hard to bring myself to watch movies with him in them these days (same with Nicole Kidman for some reason) but I did enjoy Cinderella Man and American Gangster.

Other fave non-aussie movies would be: 21 Grams, City of God, Life is Beautiful (please watch this if you haven't, it's amazing), Godfathers I&II.
I am the same with Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz. I can't watch anything with them in as they just make me cringe.