Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:29 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
That's what I mean! When I was a regular watcher, Bet Lynch and Betty were still behind the bar. I think I stopped watching when I left college at 21 and sadly that was over 20 years ago
I can only remember Ena Sharples, Elsie Tanner and Len Fairclough.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off-topic posts from over 50's/60's thread

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
I have no idea how this forum could get more confusing, last night I decided I was done with the old original thread, it seems there is nothing or very little I could contribute, infact to be totally honest Im not sure what the so called "posting rules" are for that thread, so maybe I could post or maybe not, I try to stay within the rules and try to keep people happy...

I made the decision to stay on the NEW off topic thread, and not any visit others including this chit chat thread, so then I sign on and can't find that thread, its gone....

Oh Boy.....

Please moderators, Im not mad at you and dont need the explaination, I can see you have a difficult thankless job of sorting out this mess, the logic speaks for itself... but its just geting too much for me... I'm not sure its worth all the aggravation...

And yes I know I moaned about all the different threads, this constant changing does my head in.
Im with you there Fish, Im wandering around aimlesly on here
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
***************SPOILER ALERT************

Yes she has, but hasn't been discounted for coming back for a little occassional visit, it was all a bit teary really LOL!!!
Yes, I watch Corrie, but we are 10 months behind the UK. Nevertheless, I watch when I am in the UK too and if I ever get Expat Shield to function, I'll catch up there.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone heading back for a visit from this neck of the woods? (Today's travel alerts)

http://www.travelalerts.ca/vancouver...als-newsletter
Old Apr 20th 2011, 11:16 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
That's what I mean! When I was a regular watcher, Bet Lynch and Betty were still behind the bar. I think I stopped watching when I left college at 21 and sadly that was over 20 years ago
Betty is still behind the bar, sitting on a stool, she's still making her famous hot pot
Old Apr 20th 2011, 11:17 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
Yes, I watch Corrie, but we are 10 months behind the UK. Nevertheless, I watch when I am in the UK too and if I ever get Expat Shield to function, I'll catch up there.
I watch on youtube, I can't get expat shield to function, and I'm only a few days behind usually and can watch at my leisure
Old Apr 20th 2011, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Oh I was SO nervous LOL!! I have never driven in the UK before though I passed my test in Australia about 28 years ago!!

We drive on the same side over there and it is mostly the same but some different road markings and signs......

But after a few local "trips" up and down roads to visit family I felt pretty confident BUT not enough to go on the motorway tomorrow as my brother suggested.

He said I should drive and he would sit next to me on our way to Manchester but I have chickened out, that is TOO much for a learner like me.
Good for you!! That is just one more step along the way to settling in. You will know when you are ready to go on the motorway - no rush
Old Apr 21st 2011, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear this is going to age me but I remember the first episode of Coronation Street. I told my Mother..."That will never last". I was just a teenager what did I know.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 1:28 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Oh dear this is going to age me but I remember the first episode of Coronation Street. I told my Mother..."That will never last". I was just a teenager what did I know.
Famous last words.
Corrie is older than I am, I can remember it was time for bed when the music started when I was very young, we used to hide behind the couch and watch, hoping Mum would get busy watching and forget we were there.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
Anyone heading back for a visit from this neck of the woods? (Today's travel alerts)

http://www.travelalerts.ca/vancouver...als-newsletter

Does anyone know the answer????
The Question is, I've heard that you can avoid the tax by flying into another country. Is it true? No guesses.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to respond to something that was posted about inflation and food was mentioned as one item and I remember that this was a news item about 2-3 weeks ago and I thought to myself this was a submitted item from a trade association or Walmart or what ever, and put on the evening news.

OK so everything is going up is it. Lets see what is happening in my area. Eggs on special 79 cents dozen. Bags of potatoes $1.50 for 5 lbs. My point is it is hard to control the price of food because people only have so much available to spend and the farmers and grocery supermarkets have to move the stuff and so when people don't buy they have to entice people by giving attractive prices.

I watch a man who works in the market I go to and he goes through the produce at lightening speed and throws food away that doesn't look good. I think it is such a shame. This is food that could be eaten by some people.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future
Default Re: Off-topic posts from over 50's/60's thread

Originally Posted by cheers
So who can bring Easterner, DDL and Islandwoman back on here?

I want to know about the wee dog and the commute and the car buying and the family in Canada.

DDL I want to know about the new job and house search.

Islandwoman I want to know how you are doing in the Blue House and Salisbury and the countryside.

Did I leave anyone out?

Cheers

Incidently I thought there was a new thread started to investigate or get input looking for a house that would be a halfway house for returning Expats. I never saw it but I thought it was suggested
Hi Cheers,
I believe it was Tanto that first suggested a halfway house for returning Expats. I don't think he has posted for sometime. If you are out there somewhere we miss your posts.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by trottytrue
So do I Trotty and I was about 8 or 9 and my Mum watched from the very beginning also. It is the only soap I have watched over the years and I try to catch every episode.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

For Coro fans, did anyone notice the cook Mrs Thackery in the new Upstairs Downstairs, its Anne Reid, the first wife of Ken Barlow, Valerie...
Old Apr 21st 2011, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
For Coro fans, did anyone notice the cook Mrs Thackery in the new Upstairs Downstairs, its Anne Reid, the first wife of Ken Barlow, Valerie...
lets hope she doesn't have to film scenes with any hairdryers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.