Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jan 21st 2017, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by Perth
Thank you Fish. I'm all cried out. There's an Obama Foundation if you still want to keep up with the former first family.
Thanks Perth, My wife was telling me about that, truth is I want what I cant have, thats Obama running the country.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

From my observations Obama wasn't particularly friendly towards the UK, and last year tried to influence the EU referendum.

Now at the end of his term he is trying to influence Germany's next election by supporting Angela Merkel. I think during his term the US special relationship has been with Germany, not the UK.

Barack Obama's final call as president went to Angela Merkel | World | News | Daily Express

We may not like the idea of Trump being in command, but hopefully he will be a better friend than Obama.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 12:33 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

If I'd been Obama, my last call to a world leader would have been to Merkel too. She has become a shining beacon of liberal democracy in a darkening world.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
From my observations Obama wasn't particularly friendly towards the UK, and last year tried to influence the EU referendum.

Now at the end of his term he is trying to influence Germany's next election by supporting Angela Merkel. I think during his term the US special relationship has been with Germany, not the UK.

Barack Obama's final call as president went to Angela Merkel | World | News | Daily Express

We may not like the idea of Trump being in command, but hopefully he will be a better friend than Obama.

I didnt agree with Obama and his input on Brexit, but on the whole he was fabulous, His approval rating was very high and it would have been higher if the Republicans hadnt said no to everything, all they did was hurt this country.

You need to research Trump and that Golf course in Scotland and see how he treated the Scots who lived there, they did a TV show about it too, he is arrogant to say the least.

The documentary is called "You've been trumped" available on You Tube.

Last edited by Fish n Chips 56; Jan 22nd 2017 at 5:15 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2017, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
Right on!
Cheers
Old Feb 11th 2017, 1:14 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

This is going to be a long four years. It's a nightmare. I simply cannot believe that this nutcase is the president. He is eligible for British citizenship, as his mother was from Scotland. Can we please send him back to Scotland to tend to his so-called golf course!
Old Feb 11th 2017, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

We have enough golf courses - and enough crazy people here in Scotland already. Leave him where he is. The Constitution is designed to prevent presidents becoming dictators.
Old Feb 11th 2017, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
This is going to be a long four years. It's a nightmare. I simply cannot believe that this nutcase is the president. He is eligible for British citizenship, as his mother was from Scotland. Can we please send him back to Scotland to tend to his so-called golf course!
Originally Posted by scot47
We have enough golf courses - and enough crazy people here in Scotland already. Leave him where he is. The Constitution is designed to prevent presidents becoming dictators.
I am half Scottish and have several family members living there, including my sister. Scot 47 is correct - they don't want him there!
Totally agree with you Mallory - he is a total nutcase. I actually think he is mentally ill, but my daughter says he is just a narcissist. I cannot believe he got elected. It is embarrassing for the United States to have someone like him as their president. He is going to ruin this country. That said - I don't believe he will last the 4 years - something will happen and he will end up getting impeached. I am not a Republican - but I am very proud of our governor here in Ohio (John Kaisch). He saw through him right from the start and after he withdrew from the race refused to endorse him and refused to attend the RNC here in Cleveland last July. More republicans need to stand up to him. The whole situation is ridiculous. BTW, there is a whole other thread about Trump in the "Take It Outside" section of BE forum.
Old Feb 11th 2017, 12:49 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
I am half Scottish and have several family members living there, including my sister. Scot 47 is correct - they don't want him there!
Totally agree with you Mallory - he is a total nutcase. I actually think he is mentally ill, but my daughter says he is just a narcissist. I cannot believe he got elected. It is embarrassing for the United States to have someone like him as their president. He is going to ruin this country. That said - I don't believe he will last the 4 years - something will happen and he will end up getting impeached. I am not a Republican - but I am very proud of our governor here in Ohio (John Kaisch). He saw through him right from the start and after he withdrew from the race refused to endorse him and refused to attend the RNC here in Cleveland last July. More republicans need to stand up to him. The whole situation is ridiculous. BTW, there is a whole other thread about Trump in the "Take It Outside" section of BE forum.
If Trump is impeached, Mike Pence becomes Potus. I don't see that as much of an improvement.
Old Feb 11th 2017, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
If Trump is impeached, Mike Pence becomes Potus. I don't see that as much of an improvement.
Unfortunately, that is very true................
Old Feb 12th 2017, 11:03 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
You need to research Trump and that Golf course in Scotland and see how he treated the Scots who lived there, they did a TV show about it too, he is arrogant to say the least.

The documentary is called "You've been trumped" available on You Tube.
Here you go. Made me sick.

Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:35 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Thanks for that Bev.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

More people need to see how Trump treats people, Thanks for posting Bev.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
More people need to see how Trump treats people, Thanks for posting Bev.
Well we know how the Clintons treat people don't we?
Old Feb 15th 2017, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
Well we know how the Clintons treat people don't we?
I dont see them going to Scotland and see them treating Scottish people like Dirt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.