Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Oct 25th 2016, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by cheers
Rodney, I'm trying to contact my cousin in the Isle of Wight but they have a different number.
Any ideas?
Also how is the train/bus service from Gatwich to Southampton?

Cheers

PS Hope I didn't wake anyone up!
Hi Cheeres! --- Go to www.ukphonebook, for number info! Don...
Old Oct 25th 2016, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I've tried that but they say to call 118 119 which doesn't mean anything to me.

I see the name listed but no phone number.

Cheers
Old Oct 26th 2016, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

I've tried that but they say to call 118 119 which doesn't mean anything to me.

I see the name listed but no phone number.

Cheers
You could try Search for People, Businesses and Places - 192.com
Old Oct 26th 2016, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
No luck but thanks.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Rodney, I'm trying to contact my cousin in the Isle of Wight but they have a different number.
Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi cheers ----- no you didn't wake me up, nice to hear from you again, the preface or code number for the Isle of white is 01983
sorry I don't know how the train service is between gatwick and Southampton?
Take care, are you over here in UK now? on holiday?
Old Oct 28th 2016, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hi cheers ----- no you didn't wake me up, nice to hear from you again, the preface or code number for the Isle of white is 01983
sorry I don't know how the train service is between gatwick and Southampton?
Take care, are you over here in UK now? on holiday?
I will have to wait until May of next year to be in England.

I was supposed to go to Bermuda this month but didn't make it because of the hurricane.
The captain cancelled the trip when all the passengers were on board. We ended up going to Florida and Nassau which was a poor substitute.

How is your mother doing?

Cheers
Old Oct 28th 2016, 3:09 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

I will have to wait until May of next year to be in England.

I was supposed to go to Bermuda this month but didn't make it because of the hurricane.
The captain cancelled the trip when all the passengers were on board. We ended up going to Florida and Nassau which was a poor substitute.

How is your mother doing?

Cheers
We are going to Bermuda next week. I hope we have better luck than you did. Sorry to hear about the trip, I expect DW was disappointed. Mother nature can certainly turn things upside down.

You could put an ad in the IOW local newspaper looking for your cousin, maybe someone would see it who knew him/her.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mallory
We are going to Bermuda next week. I hope we have better luck than you did. Sorry to hear about the trip, I expect DW was disappointed. Mother nature can certainly turn things upside down.

You could put an ad in the IOW local newspaper looking for your cousin, maybe someone would see it who knew him/her.
Are you going on a cruise and if so which one.

I have spent all morning making reservations for Thanksgiving and I was successful for the hotel but it was difficult for a restaurant. I think they may be booked a year in advance.
The hotel and restaurant is in Midway Utah. We finally got a restaurant in a top hotel in Salt Lake City. Lucky!

Cheers
Old Oct 30th 2016, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi Cheers,

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publi...earch.publisha

Last edited by Downton Gabby; Oct 30th 2016 at 3:11 am.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 8:12 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Are you going on a cruise and if so which one.

I have spent all morning making reservations for Thanksgiving and I was successful for the hotel but it was difficult for a restaurant. I think they may be booked a year in advance.
The hotel and restaurant is in Midway Utah. We finally got a restaurant in a top hotel in Salt Lake City. Lucky!

Cheers
We are leaving from Charleston on a cruise to Bermuda. Our daughter lives there. We will drive down, and she will take us to the ship. Didn't want to go to NY. The weather is still in the 80s here in the SE, so hopefully it will be a nice trip.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 8:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We are leaving from Charleston on a cruise to Bermuda. Our daughter lives there. We will drive down, and she will take us to the ship. Didn't want to go to NY. The weather is still in the 80s here in the SE, so hopefully it will be a nice trip.
Bermuda is lovely...hope the weather stays good for you.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby
Tried that.
Person not found.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

I miss read and I thought you said your daughter lives in Bermuda and I thought "wow"
Old Nov 1st 2016, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Tried that.
Person not found.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Have you tried facebook for tracking down your cousin?

Perhaps other relatives are on facebook who might be able to help (can sometimes be better to try younger relatives), or mutual friends? Or perhaps there are facebook groups based around the local area?

I know I am in a few of the 'nostalgia' type groups for various towns and I do sometimes see posts from people trying to re-connect with old friends/relatives.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rebs
Have you tried facebook for tracking down your cousin?

Perhaps other relatives are on facebook who might be able to help (can sometimes be better to try younger relatives), or mutual friends? Or perhaps there are facebook groups based around the local area?

I know I am in a few of the 'nostalgia' type groups for various towns and I do sometimes see posts from people trying to re-connect with old friends/relatives.
I called a cousin to get the contact info. and his wife answered. I asked to talk to her husband and she said he died 4 years ago. What a shocker!

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.