British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

Fish n Chips 56 Dec 31st 2015 8:09 pm

Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 11825142)
I voted for Rodney :fingerscrossed:
It is quiet in here isn't it?

It is Pauline, I'm not sure why, my guess is nobody is asking for help and nobody is going home...

BEVS Dec 31st 2015 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 11825164)
It is Pauline, I'm not sure why, my guess is nobody is asking for help and nobody is going home...

It is quiet all over BE these days.
I wonder if we haven't gone out of fashion a bit what with Flopbook, Twitter and the like.

Still. I suppose we are cosy.

Sparkleydiva Jan 1st 2016 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 11825164)

I'm around and we are heading home late May...just not got too far with organising it yet :blink:

Fish n Chips 56 Jan 2nd 2016 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Sparkleydiva (Post 11825317)
I'm around and we are heading home late May...just not got too far with organising it yet :blink:

Lucky you thats all I can say...

Fish n Chips 56 Jan 2nd 2016 1:12 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 11825277)
It is quiet all over BE these days.
I wonder if we haven't gone out of fashion a bit what with Flopbook, Twitter and the like.

Still. I suppose we are cosy.

Twitter has been around for a while, I consider it much different to BE as they are people that know each other, whereas here on BE everyone is anonymous.

I'm not a member of Facebook or Twitter and have no desire to join, Ive never even heard of flopbook.

Thats how I see it.

morayeel Jan 2nd 2016 5:11 am

Well I am a long time lurker! I read all the posts and opinions.. just biding my time.. not ever sure what to do!! Stay in the U.S or go back to U.K..

Perth Jan 2nd 2016 5:44 pm

We are finally making plans to return this year! :britflag: We have a house and a business to sell. Fortunately no mortgage on the house, and it's in an area that generally sells fast. Lucked out on the business too - we are a service business and if someone doesn't want to take it as a whole, we can sell off the accounts to our competitors. We will sell up by the summer and spend a month with our daughter before heading over. I can't believe we are finally at this point! Now I just have to get cracking on the sorting, selling and packing up. Good thing we are minimalists and not hoarders! Hope everyone has started the year off with a bang :lol: More news from you all please!

fulwood Jan 2nd 2016 8:13 pm

Perth that is good news! Do you have property in UK?

Perth Jan 3rd 2016 12:39 am

Originally Posted by fulwood (Post 11826332)
Perth that is good news! Do you have property in UK?

Nope. Wish we did. We will be starting over - renting, at least at first - until we decide on a permanent location.

curleytops Jan 3rd 2016 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Perth (Post 11826454)
Nope. Wish we did. We will be starting over - renting, at least at first - until we decide on a permanent location.

Wise move Perth and all the very best. Moving day will be here before you know it :starsmile:

Perth Jan 3rd 2016 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by curleytops (Post 11826665)
Wise move Perth and all the very best. Moving day will be here before you know it :starsmile:

Thank you! :starsmile:

cheers Jan 3rd 2016 8:32 pm

So is everyone happy that it is all over and happy when it was happening?
I didn't get any mince pies or lemon cheese tarts like my mom use to make but I do have a Christmas plum pudding that I don't know how to prepare.
We may get some much needed rain in the next day or two. Upee!?
Have to go to the doctors tomorrow for a check up. 600 miles, I think, one way??
Cheers

cheers Jan 3rd 2016 8:50 pm

Today is my birthday and I'm celebrating becoming 78. Imagin that! I feel like I'm in my 50's

I am celebrating with several glasses of Martinellis Apple Cider which I love.

Cheers

michali Jan 3rd 2016 8:56 pm

Happy birthday! 78? Wow! I thought I was the oldest on the board at 70!

cheers Jan 3rd 2016 9:09 pm

For your enjoyment-

Choir Boys Singing The Meow Song - FaithTap

Cheers