British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

J.JsOH Oct 24th 2015 4:56 pm

Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 11777088)
Hi John & June,
Very nice to hear from you again, are you coming to Portsmouth again next year? I would love to get together with both of you again, you are good people, have a nice time at the festival in Norwich,
Take care,
Rodney.

Hi Rodney, We like our visits down there but no plans to do so at moment. We visited Chatham dockyard this yr, was based there for a while, in 70's. Also been to Thailand and Italy this year.

I was looking at Dockyard website, you can visit the yard for free, the pay part is to go into exhibits. But just for a nosey about, walk in through reception, tell them you not going into exhibits. The thing that may interest you is free, Dockyard Apprentice and is located in the boathouse #7.with the cafetaria. Free also to walk around the yard, around outside of Victory etc, impressive in itself.

Take care, cheers.
John & June

jasper123 Oct 25th 2015 11:22 am

Originally Posted by J.JsOH (Post 11778567)
Hi Rodney, We like our visits down there but no plans to do so at moment. We visited Chatham dockyard this yr, was based there for a while, in 70's. Also been to Thailand and Italy this year.

I was looking at Dockyard website, you can visit the yard for free, the pay part is to go into exhibits. But just for a nosey about, walk in through reception, tell them you not going into exhibits. The thing that may interest you is free, Dockyard Apprentice and is located in the boathouse #7.with the cafetaria. Free also to walk around the yard, around outside of Victory etc, impressive in itself.

Take care, cheers.
John & June

Hi John,
WOW you two get around don't you, Thailand and Italy this year, good for you!!
I havent been anywhere since Ive been back home, not taken a holiday in 5 years :eek: not though cause I cant afford it, but I don't want to leave Mum alone, she is now 96 and has got to the stage in life that she needs a lot of care, and I love looking after her too, not taking holidays is no hardship for me though cause I never was one for holidays,
Anyway let me know when your coming down to Portsmouth again and I will buy that dockyard one year pass for £21 you said I think, and then we can all go on the exhibits.
Take care,
Rodney.

cheers Oct 26th 2015 4:25 pm

Feelbritish,
Sorry to read that 5 Brits died off Vancouver Island. Your old home.

feelbritish Oct 27th 2015 7:32 am

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 11779767)
Feelbritish,
Sorry to read that 5 Brits died off Vancouver Island. Your old home.

Yes that was tragic, I know the outfit as we have stayed at his accommodation before. VI only mentioned because the Brits were involved. My OH says that it must have been a rogue wave or they got too close to a whale! However by law they are meant to be 30metres from them but a lot of boats do creep right up to the whales.

cheers Oct 31st 2015 6:41 pm

Any rain your way?
I love that rain especially if I'm indoors and by the fireplace and listening to Mantovani on the radio.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mona...nMBGM5bDy0AAAA
Luvely that.

Cheers

jasper123 Nov 2nd 2015 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 11783569)
Any rain your way?
I love that rain especially if I'm indoors and by the fireplace and listening to Mantovani on the radio.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mona...nMBGM5bDy0AAAA
Luvely that.

Cheers

Cheers I just finished watching the last episode of doc martin, it was great as usual, but alas and sadly we now have to wait I think another 2 years before they make more episodes :ohmy: :( why oh why don't ITV make at least 6 months of episodes each season ---- Im sure people wont get tired of it!!! but instead all they make is 8 episodes every two years, its not good enough and Im thinking about writing to my congressman to complain :unsure: :huh: ;)

feelbritish Nov 3rd 2015 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 11785015)
Cheers I just finished watching the last episode of doc martin, it was great as usual, but alas and sadly we now have to wait I think another 2 years before they make more episodes :ohmy: :( why oh why don't ITV make at least 6 months of episodes each season ---- Im sure people wont get tired of it!!! but instead all they make is 8 episodes every two years, its not good enough and Im thinking about writing to my congressman to complain :unsure: :huh: ;)

Rodney I watched the end of it as well. I think that this last season's episodes were not as funny or good as previous ones! I was almost wishing they would just bloody well split up and be done with it!:eek: Bit far fetched being hold up in a patients house! Wont say anymore in case others have not seen it!

cheers Nov 17th 2015 9:32 pm

I just got back from Spain, France and Italy.
We really enjoyed it except for the long flight.
I would like to move to Nice, France because it was so 'nice'.
Cheers

feelbritish Nov 22nd 2015 6:48 am

Anyone heard from Dunrovin about how his health is?

curleytops Nov 22nd 2015 9:49 am

Originally Posted by feelbritish (Post 11800062)
Anyone heard from Dunrovin about how his health is?

Not a peep, hope he's ok.

michali Nov 22nd 2015 10:13 am

I hope so too. Trouble is if he is not checking in, he would not see this or a private message.

cheers Dec 4th 2015 9:14 pm

Is this the longest gap for messages?
I'm slowly getting over the exhaustion from our trip to three countries in seven days.
Weather is perfect here at home. Clear blue sunny skies. 54 degrees F.
I hope all of you are enjoying the activities leading up to Christmas.

Cheers

Jerseygirl Dec 5th 2015 12:17 am

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 11808113)
Is this the longest gap for messages?
I'm slowly getting over the exhaustion from our trip to three countries in seven days.
Weather is perfect here at home. Clear blue sunny skies. 54 degrees F.
I hope all of you are enjoying the activities leading up to Christmas.

Cheers

Nothing compares to the run up to Christmas, Christmas and New Year at home. :santa:

Fish n Chips 56 Dec 5th 2015 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 11808217)
Nothing compares to the run up to Christmas, Christmas and New Year at home. :santa:

You got that right Jersey, Christmas in the Uk was the best, I miss it more than most things, as a kid my Auntie and Uncle would take me to see the lights in Sheffield, what a treat that was, I'm sure you remember it too.

Jerseygirl Dec 5th 2015 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 11808267)
You got that right Jersey, Christmas in the Uk was the best, I miss it more than most things, as a kid my Auntie and Uncle would take me to see the lights in Sheffield, what a treat that was, I'm sure you remember it too.

As you know I grew up in Sheffield...going to see the Christmas lights was a huge event. Cars where bumper to bumper through the city every night viewing the Christmas lights.