Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Aug 27th 2015, 5:07 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Probably as much as yours in the ostrich farm.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 5:22 pm
ForeverRoamin.

S.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
I don't think that this longstanding thread is the right one for a discussion for political debate of immigration issues. And I find it quite offensive that some people are trying to take it over for that purpose. Take it somewhere else.

I only came on to see what people were saying about "Moving Back"
But I haven't had chance to enter into a discussion about it yet because I aint seen one !!!!!
I'll keep looking - you never know, it might happen !!!
Old Aug 27th 2015, 6:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
Another candidate for remedial English.

Are we in school and you are the teacher? I think not.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 7:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S.& J.V.

I only came on to see what people were saying about "Moving Back"
But I haven't had chance to enter into a discussion about it yet because I aint seen one !!!!!
I'll keep looking - you never know, it might happen !!!
This particular thread is mainly gossip and chat about moving - there are lots of other threads within the UK forum about the actual process and how other people have coped, so if this thread doesn't hit the spot try reading some in the rest of the forum
Old Aug 27th 2015, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

We've all seen these very emotive images, was your posting of them necessary ?
Old Aug 27th 2015, 11:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You appear to be trolling this thread...I suggest you refrain from making further trolling posts.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 27th 2015 at 11:31 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Fish ------ and you too curlytops for your PM'S they are very much appreciated, -------- no this Editha does not bother me, we have had a few other moles like her on this thread over the years, but none quite as rude and insulting as this one I must admit!!!! but lets just deal with her as we have done with the rest ----- DON'T LET HER GET TO YOU!!!! AND WE JUST ALL IGNORE HER ---- and like the rest she will just go away and sink into oblivion where she belongs and where all good moles go to in the end!!!!
Old Aug 27th 2015, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

So glad she didn't bother you, Rodney. You are very special to us here. She's the one with the problem.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 12:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

OK can we move on now please?
Old Aug 28th 2015, 1:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cheers
I have been reading on a forum called "5 years in Ireland now wished I had stayed in the UK." (see British Expats-living and moving abroad)
I found it very interesting because the writer who was born in Ireland and after being back in Ireland for two years feels he made a huge mistake in going back there.
Cheers
If it is the same thread then the above is incorrect .
The chap in question is English. Born and bred in London UK to Irish parents. So he is an immigrant to Ireland just like any other immigrant. Like myself, he can claim citizenship and an Irish passport by descent. Other immigrants gain citizenship through other policies. Regardless of that, he is still English living in Ireland and not Irish by birth.

However, as Polly has pointed out , this thread is for general chat . It is not for point scoring , political debate, repatrician processes or for being rude to or about others.

Now then. I find myself not in the best of moods today, probably due to a disrupted night, so please heed Jerseygirl.

Move along all of you. Post together nicely with each other or step back from your keyboards. Rule 1 applies to all of you. Every single last one.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 1:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

To add:

If you wish to join a discussion about immigration and migration, both in or out of the UK and the Eurozone, then there is a MBTTUK thread running
HERE <---- simply click on the link .
Old Aug 28th 2015, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
When you live in America you are aware of the illegal immigrant problem from one of the borders ---- Mexico, but America is in a good position where they can and do control who immigrates there from the rest of the world, but Europe and the UK unfortunately can't control E.U. nationals, they have the right to travel and live wherever they want throughout the EU countries including the UK,
But now this latest problem of all the so called refugees coming into Europe from Syria and a host of countries in boats crammed full of 400 to 600 each boat, risking there lives on the high seas, thousands have drowned so far, and already 107,000 people have made it to Europe, and the number is growing every day,
I understand that most of them I think are just so desperate that there escaping ISA and the talaban, they just want to live!!!! but lots are just leaving other countries cause they are tired of living in poverty ----- much the same as the Mexicans really!!!!
An update here Rod, I think we call the illegals in the US, 'Hispanics' now because they are coming mostly from Central America.

Rod, my daughter went to the International Market on Tropicana Blvd and she must have spent $100 on British 'treats' for me. Her husband is a judge in Las Vegas.
The Cadburys is strange because it doesn't say which country it was made in.
I'm really enjoying eating them.

I wanted to ask you if you get a daily newspaper and if so which one?

Cheers
Old Aug 29th 2015, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
An update here Rod, I think we call the illegals in the US, 'Hispanics' now because they are coming mostly from Central America.

Rod, my daughter went to the International Market on Tropicana Blvd and she must have spent $100 on British 'treats' for me. Her husband is a judge in Las Vegas.
The Cadburys is strange because it doesn't say which country it was made in.
I'm really enjoying eating them.

I wanted to ask you if you get a daily newspaper and if so which one?

Cheers
Hi cheers, that international market on Tropicana was the store I used to go to for certain British delights that I liked, they were quite expensive whatever you bought, so for me the trips were maybe four times a year for special treats, it used to be called British Imports, and they only sold imported food products from the UK, but that's a good Idea to turn it into an international store so as to cater to everyone!!!
Well as for the newspaper we have the local Portsmouth News delivered daily, and Saturday and Sunday we are proud to say that we buy the Mail
Mum's been reading the Mail for years, and it's hard to break someone close to 100 years old of there long time habits and I would not even think of doing that!!!
Old Aug 29th 2015, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hi cheers, that international market on Tropicana was the store I used to go to for certain British delights that I liked, they were quite expensive whatever you bought, so for me the trips were maybe four times a year for special treats, it used to be called British Imports, and they only sold imported food products from the UK, but that's a good Idea to turn it into an international store so as to cater to everyone!!!
Well as for the newspaper we have the local Portsmouth News delivered daily, and Saturday and Sunday we are proud to say that we buy the Mail
Mum's been reading the Mail for years, and it's hard to break someone close to 100 years old of there long time habits and I would not even think of doing that!!!
Yes that was my fathers newspaper of choice. I can see him now reading the paper every morning with his bacon and eggs before work.

I don't know if it has changed because I think they merged or they bought out another newspaper.

What happened to all the rain that was supposed to arrive?

Cheers
Old Aug 29th 2015, 5:55 pm
ForeverRoamin.

S.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
This particular thread is mainly gossip and chat about moving - there are lots of other threads within the UK forum about the actual process and how other people have coped, so if this thread doesn't hit the spot try reading some in the rest of the forum
It was about moving that I wanted to chat about...But the arguments I have been reading on here are mostly about Immigrants, & as someone else has already said "this thread is not for discussing immigrants....""
I didn't get the chance to talk about moving yet.... & I'm slowly but surely wishing I hadn't bothered to join at all because everyone seems to misunderstand many comments from other people

Last edited by S.& J.V.; Aug 29th 2015 at 5:58 pm. Reason: An omission

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.