Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jun 18th 2014, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by windsong
Rodney, I saw your latest RUDE comment, hoping I had left the thread and fingers crossed. Well, let's hope that sentiment boomerangs back to you - and it just might by the sound of it! I have no time for trash.

By the way, you are blocked and will remain so. I happened to see it because someone quoted you.

Your ignorance is like water of a duck's back. So immature! Actually, your comments are rather comical and pathetic now.

You will have to wait until I am in the UK for me to leave - and leave I will at that point - the entire forum. I have no time for this nonsense nor the type of people who make comments such as yours. A few people have left the forum - and in particular this thread - upon returning and now I know why.
Well Windsong - you have excelled yourself and morphed into a typical rude American! The type you despise. I suggest you leave the forum before you are asked to by the Mods. Of course - if I am on your ignore list you won't read this, so I may be preaching to the choir. You are now on MY ignore list so I can read this site in peace.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Nothing's changed in 24 hours, I see. Rudeness continues.

It all depends on your point of view - which came first, the chicken or the egg! Look back and you will see who began the rude comments.
I don't see how I deserved your tirade, but never mind.

You could easily have laughed along with the soap opera comment instead of lashing out at him and the many patient people on here.

You won't see this as I'm 'blocked' though.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 6:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

(originally posted by Windsong) You will have to wait until I am in the UK for me to leave - and leave I will at that point - the entire forum. I have no time for this nonsense nor the type of people who make comments such as yours. A few people have left the forum - and in particular this thread - upon returning and now I know why.
Windsong, it's good to know that after all the stacks of help and support you've had that you have absolutely no intention of passing that help and support on to others. Makes me warm and fuzzy.

Oh and people enter and leave threads and forums regularly, most don't give or need to give reasons.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Windsong, it's good to know that after all the stacks of help and support you've had that you have absolutely no intention of passing that help and support on to others. Makes me warm and fuzzy.

Oh and people enter and leave threads and forums regularly, most don't give or need to give reasons.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux

You could easily have laughed along with the soap opera comment instead of lashing out at him and the many patient people on here.

Old Jun 18th 2014, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Well Windsong - you have excelled yourself and morphed into a typical rude American! The type you despise. I suggest you leave the forum before you are asked to by the Mods. Of course - if I am on your ignore list you won't read this, so I may be preaching to the choir. You are now on MY ignore list so I can read this site in peace.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Rodney, sorry to hear about your health scare, hope you get sorted quickly and are feeling better soon. All the best to you and your Mum.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by curleytops
Hey Rodney, sorry to hear about your health scare, hope you get sorted quickly and are feeling better soon. All the best to you and your Mum.
Thanks curleytops,
We haven't heard from you for a while now, how are you? whats been happening in your life lately?
Old Jun 18th 2014, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Oh dear. On mine too after that last statement!

Ah, peace......

Old Jun 18th 2014, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Still hanging in there Rodney, albeit looking at another move. Three redundancies in two and a half years has taken a big toll on us both financially and emotionally but I'm sure we'll manage. I'll not be sorry to see the back of this pebble dash hole aka west coast Cumbria; I never wanted to be here in the first place but that's where the job was. We both just desperately want to be settled in a place we like. All that being said, I have no regrets whatsoever about coming back to the UK - it's home, even the ugly parts.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 12:53 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

I think Windsong is emotionally and physically upset, worn out, and a little frightened of her present situation. I personally feel very sorry for her. I can't do anything to help, but I just wish her well. It must very hard to be in your 60s, with no family, wanting to move, having the rug pulled out from under you with suddenly no job and no home, and having to care for two pets. I probably would be a little crazed too. Windsong has been a part of the forum for a long time, and we are all different in the way we act emotionally. I hope it all comes together for her.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible to know when someone has blocked you (or me)?
Old Jun 18th 2014, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J.JsOH
Is it possible to know when someone has blocked you (or me)?
Only if they keep telling you.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, Rodney, I think it must be nigh on a year or so since you had the monitor thingy inserted. Did that help with the doc's decision to install apacemaker? best wishes to you for the op.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Only if they keep telling you.
lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.