Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:00 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Where?? Dying to see them!
Oh they are nothing marvellous Sally, I was with my sister and my son, well my sister's idea of a day out doesn't involve walking around anywhere other than shops.

But she did drive us the scenic route way there which was really lovely, all the moors and sheep and the colours were wonderful, I had to be satisified with pics taken from the car window LOL!!

I did like Buxton I have to say, what little I saw, there is a really nice park and the shops have that olde worlde feel which I do love. I have to say though I would go for Kendal if it was to be marked on points. When I was in one of the shops I met an American lady who had been living with her husband in London for some years, they had lived all over Europe and were from Washington DC and had now decided they wanted to live in a small town, they had gone up for a reccie in January and she moved there in February and was renting a flat while her husband sold up in London, sound familiar? I would say she was in her 50's too!!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:01 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Where?? Dying to see them!

Love the new accent! Do you sound like Peter Kay now?
Well I have to say I have started to slip into the local vernacular LOL!! I have been told I have to say dinner and tea not lunch and dinner.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Well I have to say I have started to slip into the local vernacular LOL!! I have been told I have to say dinner and tea not lunch and dinner.
When I worked at the local wool mill here, I found myself slipping into the Yorkshire accent: "Off to work at t'mill".
Old Mar 29th 2011, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

it's not very proper but being Lancashire lass still say "sommat" and "nowt" a lot. said the other day to a Yanks amazement "there's nowt wrong we it", they understood me as known me long time.. sorry for spelling errors but at such an abomination of our English language not sure if there would be anything to show how to spell these words correctly..
Old Mar 29th 2011, 10:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
it's not very proper but being Lancashire lass still say "sommat" and "nowt" a lot. said the other day to a Yanks amazement "there's nowt wrong we it", they understood me as known me long time.. sorry for spelling errors but at such an abomination of our English language not sure if there would be anything to show how to spell these words correctly..
My husband has lost most of his Geordie accent but he'll sometimes say things like, "Coin the telly on"
Old Mar 29th 2011, 10:53 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

No answers just blood work so we'll wait and see.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Keep us posted.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
My husband has lost most of his Geordie accent but he'll sometimes say things like, "Coin the telly on"
This will give him a kick.....my dad used to sing this all the time. Made me feel quite nostalgic listening to it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84jwr...eature=related
Old Mar 29th 2011, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Wawa
This will give him a kick.....my dad used to sing this all the time. Made me feel quite nostalgic listening to it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84jwr...eature=related
that's really good
Old Mar 30th 2011, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Hopefully not too long till you hear something. Keep us updated.

I'm off to housesit for a friend this weekend. Two dogs, one cat, and fifteen chicken (all named), right here in the middle of LA, it's comical. Last time I had to chase down one of the hens and give her eye drops twice a day! Never thought I'd be doing that. Eat lots of eggs when I'm there tho. Every inch of their garden is vegetables, not a flower in sight. Like a little farm.

Last edited by aviva; Mar 30th 2011 at 4:38 am.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 4:56 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva

I'm off to housesit for a friend this weekend. Two dogs, one cat, and fifteen chicken (all named), right here in the middle of LA, it's comical. Last time I had to chase down one of the hens and give her eye drops twice a day! Never thought I'd be doing that. Eat lots of eggs when I'm there tho. Every inch of their garden is vegetables, not a flower in sight. Like a little farm.
It sounds wonderful.
We stopped naming the chickens after the first lot died off, we have foxes, coyotes, raccoons, etc, so lost them regularly. The boys did get a bit upset when they saw a hawk take off with a runt they had called Limpy in one talon.
They are all gone now in prep for moving. We never had any luck with veg, even the nut trees don't produce, but they look nice.
Have fun.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 11:26 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I always liked the idea of keeping chickens, but I've now realized that I couldn't take it when they got ill! If I saw one of them being carried away by a fox, I think I'd be traumatized. It's funny because I grew up in a farming village and my early boyfriends were all farmers. I used to think I wanted to be one too but I couldn't have been less suited! I think hormones were curdling my brain

Have fun aviva!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva

I bet the dog chases the hens like crazy!

That sounds like a fun and interesting weekend
Old Mar 30th 2011, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Haha give him a day or two back in the 'toon he'll pick it back up nay botha hinny!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.exmouthcam.co.uk/webcam/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.