Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Mar 28th 2011, 11:27 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by aviva
Someone complained and got my posts on 50/60 removed
Old Mar 29th 2011, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

I will be thinking and praying for your family and especially your DH.

Cheers
Old Mar 29th 2011, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Apparently so.
I guess we are the poor relations, we can dither over here and talk about things that are rubbish to our hearts contents.
Heres my rubbish for the day. We got only a partial refund from the IRS They want more "information" from me and are sending me a letter. I haven't even told Dh, he's really quite sick right now, we have no idea whats wrong with him. Me being a nurse unemployed and living in the boonies(a little knowledge is a dangerous thing) thinks that it could be one of a few things.
Thyroid
Mono
Lyme disease.
I'm probably as far off from right as I could be, we see the doc tomorrow.
If he doesn't get better and get working he will loose his job, our sole income and health ins for the family. We have about 6 month of living expenses so long as there are no medical bills. I'm in panic mode. So fingers crossed for me please that Dh has something that can be settled quickly. He's so weak and lethargic, he's getting depressed, he's usually hyperactive always has been, and he's lost 30lb in the last 6month while trying not too.
I'm sorry to hear about your husband - will be thinking about both of you tomorrow when you see the doctor. It could be the thyroid, if that's the case it can be easily controlled by meds (of course you know this already being a nurse). Anyway - will be thinking about you guys and fingers crossed it's nothing serious.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Someone complained and got my posts on 50/60 removed Too much close to home
Sorry to hear that, Aviva. I can only guess which posts were removed and it's just a shame they didn't look at the root cause of it all.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first post:

"So here it is - go for it, if you dare!
This is supposedly for the people who got banished from:
OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK
to:
US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread
but we wanted to talk about other rubbish too.

Saaaaaaave me from this time wasting multi-thread craziness and come here to talk about absolutely anything."

Have at it! Hope I didn't sound like a complete crazy over on 50/60. No apologies, I meant it.

You can really talk about anything here.....Elvis has left the building and there are no cameras or microphones
You are my kinda peeps I hate having to watch what I say
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently so.
I guess we are the poor relations, we can dither over here and talk about things that are rubbish to our hearts contents.
Heres my rubbish for the day. We got only a partial refund from the IRS They want more "information" from me and are sending me a letter. I haven't even told Dh, he's really quite sick right now, we have no idea whats wrong with him. Me being a nurse unemployed and living in the boonies(a little knowledge is a dangerous thing) thinks that it could be one of a few things.
Thyroid
Mono
Lyme disease.
If he doesn't get better and get working he will loose his job, our sole income and health ins for the family. We have about 6 month of living expenses so long as there are no medical bills. I'm in panic mode. So fingers crossed for me please that Dh has something that can be settled quickly. He's so weak and lethargic, he's getting depressed, he's usually hyperactive always has been, and he's lost 30lb in the last 6month while trying not too.
Lots of us sending love and light to DH... and to you too on those darn taxes!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

That's what you get for telling the truth
Old Mar 29th 2011, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Mummy in the foothills.... So sorry to hear about your husband. I hope all goes well. Lyme desease is a big problem here in NH. My daughter was bitten by an infected tick many years ago but I noticed the bullseye mark on her shoulder and took her to the doctors. She was on penicillin for quite a while. She also had mono which does have the same symtons as your husband has. She could not get out of bed. Always tired. She was off school for weeks.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Did you not read Sue's post regarding the ones that are missing from that thread?

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 29th 2011 at 7:10 am.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 8:23 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently so.
Thyroid
Mono
Lyme disease.
Mummy, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband, hoping for good news for you from the doctor.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Barbara,
Any news?
Job. Day trips, Housing, Job seekers allowance.Nice Villages, Food?Weather
Cheers
Old Mar 29th 2011, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

chriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of light

Mummy...I posted here to you at about 4:30am, but is not showing. Just wanted you to know that I am sorry to hear about your DH and am so hoping that it is nothing terribly serious and that he will be on the mend soon.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:41 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Barbara,
Any news?
Job. Day trips, Housing, Job seekers allowance.Nice Villages, Food?Weather
Cheers
Yes Cheers, have signed on with a few agencies and my CV has been put forward for a number of jobs, so it's just a waiting game now.

Went to Delamere last Sunday, Buxton on Wednesday and West Kirby on Friday, all very very lovely places, howzat?

Delamere I posted on t' other thread last week.

Pics of Buxton and West Kirby.

Food? Mmmm going to Slimming World to be honest so no tasty treats for me........for now.........

Honestly the weather has been lovely here, of course as you know I am not in a lovely wee village like some, instead am in midst of t' grim Northern town.

Last edited by Beedubya; Mar 29th 2011 at 6:47 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:48 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Pics of Buxton and West Kirby.
Where?? Dying to see them!

instead am in midst of t' grim Northern town
Love the new accent! Do you sound like Peter Kay now?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:49 pm
Home Sweet Home

Can't seem to post any pics.

Might put them on Flickr.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.