Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Sep 6th 2013, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I'm back.
Coming into London I was very surprised how brown all the normally green fields looked, I wasn't expecting that. Although I know it was a hot summer. Coming into Manchester was much more lush and green, so I assume the south had a hotter dryer summer.
Oh and Manchester you need pound coins for the trolleys in the luggage retrival, all I had was some Euros and Dollars and a credit card. So there was me, Dd (8) and three huge checked cases, two carry ons and two coats, that was a tough one. But we managed to get through the one way doors without loosing anyone or anything.
One brand new case was split, and one old case was split. the only unscathed one was a samsonite I found on clearance in Marshalls. I guess you really do get what you pay for.
Congrats Pauline, I watched your Virgin flight last night but had to go to bed as you were over the pacific...

I'm glad you made it safe and sound, you must feel tired and wonderful...
Old Sep 6th 2013, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
Hey Cheers, what was that you were saying about the traffic in Kent? Have a look at these photos, glad I'm up north!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-pile-up.html
Thanks for that link, those are amazing pics...
Old Sep 6th 2013, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Congrats Pauline, I watched your Virgin flight last night but had to go to bed as you were over the pacific...

I'm glad you were not piloting the plane and taking her over the Pacific to get to Manchester.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 3:04 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56

Originally Posted by cheers
I'm glad you were not piloting the plane and taking her over the Pacific to get to Manchester.

4am wide awake Oh lovely Jet lag! I was going to unpack and make tidy piles of clothes to put away, but what the heck I can play online.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

4am wide awake Oh lovely Jet lag! I was going to unpack and make tidy piles of clothes to put away, but what the heck I can play online.
Happy to know you arrived home safe and sound.......busy and happy days ahead for you. Take care and congratulations :-)
Old Sep 6th 2013, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Great Point. LOL...
Old Sep 6th 2013, 9:19 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

You could get started on preparing that Full English. I'll have Black Pudding with mine and hold the cooked tomatoes as that would be verging on healthy. I'll bet you are a happy camper this morning!!!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home Mummy, any chance of jumping in on this breakfast thing?
Old Sep 6th 2013, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
You could get started on preparing that Full English. I'll have Black Pudding with mine and hold the cooked tomatoes as that would be verging on healthy. I'll bet you are a happy camper this morning!!!
Memories of living in Fife many years ago, I found white pudding (beside the black pudding and haggis) in Morrisons down here in the (relatively) south. I wasn't able to batter and deep fry it but it was good all the same.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Well?
More!
We are craving for your post!
Any rain? Are you staying in your new cottage?
Is DD happy?
Are you dragging yourself around?
Old Sep 6th 2013, 5:13 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Well?
More!
Is DD happy?
Remember the jet lag - she has probably been asleep since noon and will wake up again about 8 p.m.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Home " Mummy " it eventually comes to all of us who are planning to return!

Re the Kent accident, one of the main reasons that Kent is now off the radar for us! Think we are going to now stick to the Isle of Wight and just avoid the summer crowd by going away to The Borders" in August!
Old Sep 6th 2013, 5:56 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Well?
More!
Is DD happy?
It's bloody pouring rain! Been nice till I got here, my fault according to my oldest son.
No Full Englsh. Tea and porridge. I did the bank and got Dd registered for school, starts Monday.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's bloody pouring rain! Been nice till I got here, my fault according to my oldest son.
No Full Englsh. Tea and porridge. I did the bank and got Dd registered for school, starts Monday.
I wish we could see pictures of ze rain.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Congrats on making it home Mummy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.