British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

DDL Dec 29th 2010 1:26 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Wawa Dec 29th 2010 1:28 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by DDL (Post 9065629)

:rofl: This is my mantra........

aviva Jan 17th 2011 11:56 pm

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

So here it is - go for it, if you dare!
This is supposedly for the people who got banished from:
OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK
to:
US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread
but we wanted to talk about other rubbish too.

Saaaaaaave me from this time wasting multi-thread craziness and come here to talk about absolutely anything.

SomersetGirl Jan 18th 2011 12:02 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9109167)

You are a STAR:D

Celticspirit Jan 18th 2011 12:06 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by SomersetGirl (Post 9109175)
You are a STAR:D

HA-HA-HA.......Brilliant!!!!!!!!

Mummy in the foothills Jan 18th 2011 12:06 am

Chat away.
I'm making sausage and mash for dinner tonight, I even splurged and got a can of beans from world market :lol:

aviva Jan 18th 2011 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9109186)
Chat away.
I'm making sausage and mash for dinner tonight, I even splurged and got a can of beans from world market :lol:

Yes! Food talk is part of "absolutely anything".
What is mash? Not kidding. Mashed potatoes?

Sally Redux Jan 18th 2011 12:11 am

'For mash get Smash' :lol:

SomersetGirl Jan 18th 2011 12:15 am

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9109192)
Yes! Food talk is part of "absolutely anything".
What is mash? Not kidding. Mashed potatoes?

Bangers and Mash = Sausages and mashed potatoes..YUMMY!!

Is this silly chit chatty enough?

aviva Jan 18th 2011 12:18 am

Originally Posted by SomersetGirl (Post 9109204)
Bangers and Mash = Sausages and mashed potatoes..YUMMY!!

Is this silly chit chatty enough?

Innocent bystander here, don't blame me. Dunroving came up with the name.

GoldCoastMag Jan 18th 2011 12:19 am

to:

Saaaaaaave me from this time wasting multi-thread craziness and come here to talk about absolutely anything.

If I post here, since i am not moving back to the UK, will I be kicked off?

aviva Jan 18th 2011 12:21 am

Originally Posted by GoldCoastMag (Post 9109212)
If I post here, since i am not moving back to the UK, will I be kicked off?

Kicking-off is not in our thread vocabulary. All welcome, you don't even need to be an old fart.

Englishman43 Jan 18th 2011 12:22 am

Ageism, bloody rampant ageism , what about us 40 somethings ?? ;)

Aviva must be telepathic or summat ..

Wawa Jan 18th 2011 12:25 am

Great, now there's no-one on the real Over 50's & 60's Moving back to the UK thread :lol:

GoldCoastMag Jan 18th 2011 12:30 am

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9109216)
Kicking-off is not in our thread vocabulary. All welcome, you don't even need to be an old fart.

That part I qualify for

charleygirl Jan 18th 2011 12:30 am

Mummy what sausages do you get, i still haven't found any i really like.
Its one of my fave things in the UK bangers and mash with fried onions..... Oh god I want some now.

haha Old fart me too......

Mummy in the foothills Jan 18th 2011 12:33 am

Originally Posted by charleygirl (Post 9109230)
Mummy what sausages do you get, i still haven't found any i really like.
Its one of my fave things in the UK bangers and mash with fried onions..... Oh god I want some now.

haha Old fart me too......

After years of looking and even making my own for a while I have given up, we use Jimmy Dean original pre cooked breakfast sausages, not authentic, but the whole family like the taste and they don't have a load of sage in so they aren't breakfasty at all. Oh I love fried onions with sausages, I usually make gravy, but seeing I got this one lovely can of heinz I opened it.

charleygirl Jan 18th 2011 12:35 am

Oh okay never bought those, are they in the freezer section? will give them a go...cant beat richmond, I know we have had this convo before in the other thread but just wondered what you had found. thanks!

beachgal21 Jan 18th 2011 12:46 am

I'd kill for a British banger right now ..... sausage sandwich with brown sauce .... sigh!

Englishman43 Jan 18th 2011 12:50 am

Originally Posted by beachgal21 (Post 9109261)
I'd kill for a British banger right now ..... sausage sandwich with brown sauce .... sigh!

Well I'm sure if you google it you'd find a forum with like minded people for THAT as well you saucy minx ;)

Mummy in the foothills Jan 18th 2011 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Englishman43 (Post 9109268)
Well I'm sure if you google it you'd find a forum with like minded people for THAT as well you saucy minx ;)

:rofl: :eek:

Hey Charlygirl they are in the cold food section not the freezer. I looked at the packet, red box, regular heat and serve it says.

ldyinlv Jan 18th 2011 2:13 am

to:

Love the title..lol

aviva Jan 18th 2011 2:15 am

Originally Posted by ldyinlv (Post 9109380)
Love the title..lol

Can't take any blame or credit for it. Dunroving suggested it!

aviva Jan 18th 2011 2:25 am

Go check this out:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...78#post9109378
You'll die or wish you had already!

Celticspirit Jan 18th 2011 3:24 am

Originally Posted by ldyinlv (Post 9109380)
Love the title..lol

Me too...brilliant.

beachgal21 Jan 18th 2011 3:25 am

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9109393)
Go check this out:

OMG ... I just snorted red wine down my nose and all over my keyboard. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard I have tears and my chest hurts. Seriously ... only in America folks. Jeez I could really do with that sausage sandwich now ....lol :rofl:

Celticspirit Jan 18th 2011 3:28 am

Originally Posted by beachgal21 (Post 9109464)
OMG ... I just snorted red wine down my nose and all over my keyboard. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard I have tears and my chest hurts. Seriously ... only in America folks. Jeez I could really do with that sausage sandwich now ....lol :rofl:

Hahaha....

beachgal21 Jan 18th 2011 3:28 am

Now thats funny :rofl:

ldyinlv Jan 18th 2011 3:36 am

Originally Posted by beachgal21 (Post 9109464)

Its a catchy tune dont you think..lol..I love the woman, she looks so serious, likes shes on the country music awards or something..lol

aviva Jan 18th 2011 3:46 am

OK maybe I'm mad, but we just get jumped from
Moving Back to Rovers Return?
Maybe I'm tired

aviva Jan 18th 2011 4:38 am

I asked Pollyana to move us back where people can find us in the Moving Back main area rather than Rovers Return. Have no idea why we were jumped to where people would have a difficult time finding us.

Pollyana Jan 18th 2011 6:43 am

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9109544)
I asked Pollyana to move us back where people can find us in the Moving Back main area rather than Rovers Return. Have no idea why we were jumped to where people would have a difficult time finding us.

Probably because its chat and not info? I don't know, but that sounds like the usual reason people are moved to the "chat" forum attached to MBTTUK.
We try to keep the main forums for serious questions and info, and the chatty forums for ....errr....chat. That way new people who join with with serious questions can find the answers easily, while all of us who are more used to forum life can start chatty and gossipy threads without getting in the way :)

If you're not happy with the thread where it is, I suggest you report it and then all the Supermods and Sue will have a look and someone may move it for you. Personally, I'm sorry but I think its in the right place :o

Beedubya Jan 18th 2011 8:08 am

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9109393)
Go check this out:

What the **** - now I KNOW American politics are weird!!! :lol:

Imagine somebody singing along like this about Tony Blair, Maggie Thatcher or Harold Wilson ha ha ha!! :D

Thank God I am BRITISH!!! :wub:

Beedubya Jan 18th 2011 8:09 am

Very Hugh Grant/Bridget Jones' Diary ;)

islandwoman120 Jan 18th 2011 8:24 am

OK, now that I have found 'us' again, Good Morning from Frome, Somerset. It is a sunny morning, following a chilly night as I can see by the state of the condensation on the inside of my windows. Now - that could be blamed on the hot air spoken within the confines of my 4 walls, but I have been good recently, and not acted the crazy person talking to herself. So I blame it on the outside being colder than the inside of this studio. Anyone wishing to tell me otherwise can start their own thread on 'Moving to ____ creates crazy behaviour'. Oh, and joy of joys - the garbage and recycling got picked up on my street today, including from my elderly neighbour's apartment, so I am off the hook for helping her sort out the mess in her own place (see previous posting on a previous thread, only I don't remember which one I posted that on. Nor do I care at this moment).

Thanks to the person who posted the Sarah Palin video - I have sent the link far and wide, including to the family I have in the USA who voted Republican in the last election. And I will post it on my Facebook page - it is, like the MasterCard ad in the US says 'priceless'.

sallysimmons Jan 18th 2011 12:30 pm

Here you all are! You keep moving but you can't get away from me :lol:

So since this is a chit-chat thread, I have a couple of questions for you all ...

1) What is the thing you're most looking forward to about being back in the UK?

2) What scares you the most about making the move?

Gabgoeshome Jan 18th 2011 1:20 pm

Just saying Hi !

Sue Jan 18th 2011 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9109544)

As this is a chit-chat thread I moved it to the Rovers Return which is for chit-chat. Otherwise the main MBTTUK forum gets too cluttered and it's hard to find the serious stuff.

As you were :D

SomersetGirl Jan 18th 2011 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9110326)
Here you all are! You keep moving but you can't get away from me :lol:

So since this is a chit-chat thread, I have a couple of questions for you all ...

1) What is the thing you're most looking forward to about being back in the UK?

2) What scares you the most about making the move?

Its a bit early in the morning, but here goes....

1) green fields, proper robins, country lanes, old stone walls, fish n chips, cream teas, not having to explain what I'm talking about AGAIN! many more but don't want to take up all the space:D

2) people thinking I'm Canadian, not being able to cope with the weather, missing the sun more than I think I will, living in a teeny tiny house.

sallysimmons Jan 18th 2011 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by SomersetGirl (Post 9110493)
2) people thinking I'm Canadian, not being able to cope with the weather, missing the sun more than I think I will, living in a teeny tiny house.

I worry about the weather and house size too.

The thing I'm most looking forward to is having all our oldest friends over for a house-warming party.

The things I'm most scared of are a) that I'll miss the sun and b) that my husband will hate it and wish we'd never moved. Since I'm driving this move, that would make me feel very guilty.