Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Apr 5th 2013, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Sounds wonderful.
Wave to my family when you head to Snowdon.
Wave nothing. We are stopping for sardines sandwiches and some sasparella
Old Apr 5th 2013, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone else noticed that Hola no longer unblocks BBC?
Old Apr 5th 2013, 10:39 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Wave nothing. We are stopping for sardines sandwiches and some sasparella
Sadly my family won't have a clue what you want or who you are knocking on the front door and looking for some lunch
I can recommend the Afon Conwy for lunch, right off the motorway A55 (at Llandudno Junction) before you head into the tunnel under Conwy, we've been there for Sunday dinner a couple of times and loved it. Its Brewers Faire and a Premier Inn next to it.
http://www.brewersfayre.co.uk/brewer...fon-conwy.html

Or Fish and Chips at the Archway in Conwy it's right next to the castle wall and the arch that the old road goes through
http://www.bigreddirectory.com/archw...hip-shop-conwy
Old Apr 6th 2013, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Windsong, yep noticed it last night. I put note on their facebook page. It's annoying.. It's been down for nearly 24 hours at a minimum..
Old Apr 6th 2013, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Has anyone else noticed that Hola no longer unblocks BBC?
You must be watching lots of TV, windsong Haven't seen you around in a while. Hope it comes back for you soon. Think I am going to try out Tunnelbear on WhoFan's recommendation. Dying to see Broadchurch.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 1:51 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
You must be watching lots of TV, windsong Haven't seen you around in a while. Hope it comes back for you soon. Think I am going to try out Tunnelbear on WhoFan's recommendation. Dying to see Broadchurch.
when u do, let me know what you think
Old Apr 6th 2013, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
Windsong, yep noticed it last night. I put note on their facebook page. It's annoying.. It's been down for nearly 24 hours at a minimum..
I got an email back from them today that says they no longer support BBC!!!
Old Apr 6th 2013, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
I watch it every night

I just signed up for the free version of Tunnelbear. Not sure of the difference between free and paid yet.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

I watch it every night

I just signed up for the free version of Tunnelbear. Not sure of the difference between free and paid yet.
We'll be downloading it today sometime. We have finally decided to get rid of the cable (but we will wait until baseball season is over first!)
Old Apr 6th 2013, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

My experience: I finally went with TunnelBear last year because it was easier to shell out $5 (or is it 4.99) for a month than keep fiddling with locating free connections and navigating around them. I think the difference with the free TunnelBear and paid is that you are limited with use. So if you only watch one program a month it might work. I tried it and it fast became apparent that the paid was the best option. Never had a problem since: Corrie, Foyles War, Silent Witness etc etc...

PS I don't have cable at all here in NBTS so consider myself well ahead and saving $80 a month. I get my TV fix with Netflix and Tunnelbear, so a grand total of $13.98 per month. I even piggyback on top of a free internet provider

I read yesterday that the BBC is refusing to disclose the number of people who watch delayed broadcasting in the UK = a way to legally avoid the license fee as it is not a live broadcast.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ch-online.html

Don't shoot me I know its a 'DM' article but it even seems grammar error free
Interesting times

Last edited by vikingsail; Apr 6th 2013 at 1:54 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 2:24 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

I watch it every night

I think the free version has limited bandwidth so it might be slower than the paid version. I also notice on my paid version that it says 'unlimited' so that might mean with the free version you might only get a limited amount of 'surfing' or program watching and more ads. I don't know, so don't hold me to that. I just went straight for the paid version to bypass any problems.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

I tried the free Tunnel bear and it ran out in about 10 minutes. The 4.99 per month is well worth it, I've never had any problems with it.
The biggest question I have is how do you hook it up to your t.v? I watch on my lap top at the moment.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 3:05 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Montfan72
I tried the free Tunnel bear and it ran out in about 10 minutes. The 4.99 per month is well worth it, I've never had any problems with it.
The biggest question I have is how do you hook it up to your t.v? I watch on my lap top at the moment.
Not being a techie I would just assume you would attach your laptop to your TV and operate it from your laptop while watching it on the BIG screen. Attach the necessary cable from the laptop to the TV switch the TV channel to PC and off you go. Easier said than done I bet.. LOL
Old Apr 6th 2013, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Where is our Sally?
Can't wait for her report on moving in this last thursday.
Cheers
Old Apr 6th 2013, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Montfan use HDMI cable to view on your TV. I am looking at buying cheap computer from Ebay just to have permanently hooked up to TV and stream via HDMI cable and Roku box.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.