British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

Celticspirit Feb 6th 2011 3:30 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by islandwoman120 (Post 9155977)
Good to hear your news - did they mention anything about destruction in the seaside towns?

No they didn't but many of their friends are coming in an out for showers and to use the laundry room.

fulwood Feb 6th 2011 4:49 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

i did same charleygirl...

Beedubya Feb 6th 2011 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Celticspirit (Post 9156542)
No they didn't but many of their friends are coming in an out for showers and to use the laundry room.

Glad to hear your family are OK Celtic. :thumbsup:

We have been asked at work to donate toilet paper as they have run out up there, it is getting sent up to Queensland tonight..........

fulwood Feb 6th 2011 7:35 pm

to digress - surely this is one of the world's dumbest criminals - I believe you can skip the commercial..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RrHtjjvNDc

Celticspirit Feb 6th 2011 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9156816)
Glad to hear your family are OK Celtic. :thumbsup:

We have been asked at work to donate toilet paper as they have run out up there, it is getting sent up to Queensland tonight..........

Thanks Barb. I was very relieved.
When do you quit working? Any more word on the Heathrow job?

charleygirl Feb 7th 2011 11:36 pm

Yes relieved all families are safe.....:)

Beedubya Feb 8th 2011 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Celticspirit (Post 9157068)
Thanks Barb. I was very relieved.
When do you quit working? Any more word on the Heathrow job?

No news on the job yet can you believe it? I have been told it is all "positive" so thats all I know.

I finish up on 18th February and will spend the last week at my daughters trying to tie up all the loose ends. Wow this moving is a BIG job!!

Sorting clothes at the moment, why do I have so many?? Especially those that don't fit!! The charity shops will be doing well very soon. :thumbsup:

cheers Feb 8th 2011 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9160281)
No news on the job yet can you believe it? I have been told it is all "positive" so thats all I know.

I finish up on 18th February and will spend the last week at my daughters trying to tie up all the loose ends. Wow this moving is a BIG job!!

Sorting clothes at the moment, why do I have so many?? Especially those that don't fit!! The charity shops will be doing well very soon. :thumbsup:

It reminds me of the husband who frequently heard his wife complain that she had no clothes that she could wear so he put an ad in the newspaper that said "will the person who has her clothes hanging in my wife's closet please come and remove them as soon as possible"

Cheers

Sentosa Feb 8th 2011 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9160281)

I know that feeling Barb, sorting mine out too, like you lots will be going to the charity shop.
Not long for you now, I will be following you within a couple of days I hope.
We do the final signing on the house on the 14th then I will book flights,I wouldn't book them before until I had the money in my hand .
Hope you hear some news about the job soon.

Derrygal Feb 8th 2011 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9160351)
It reminds me of the husband who frequently heard his wife complain that she had no clothes that she could wear so he put an ad in the newspaper that said "will the person who has her clothes hanging in my wife's closet please come and remove them as soon as possible"

Cheers

Ha ha - Cheers - that's funny!!

aviva Feb 15th 2011 9:26 pm

Hey Celticspirit are you involved in any way on the importing of shelter chihuahuas into Texas from California? I know that we have a plethora because of that clown Paris Hilton. Have been hearing that we send them to Canada and Texas where there is apparently a shortage of small dogs.

dunroving Feb 16th 2011 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9179002)
Hey Celticspirit are you involved in any way on the importing of shelter chihuahuas into Texas from California? I know that we have a plethora because of that clown Paris Hilton. Have been hearing that we send them to Canada and Texas where there is apparently a shortage of small dogs.

Yes, all those Huskies and Malamutes need a steady supply of bite-sized snacks. :rofl:

aviva Feb 16th 2011 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 9180731)
Yes, all those Huskies and Malamutes need a steady supply of bite-sized snacks. :rofl:

Slapping you now, irreverent bersterd!
Don't know if you folks in UK saw, and no doubt don't care, that a 5-year-old Scottish deerhound named Hickory was awarded the best in show prize at the Westminster Kennel Club (biggest deal here in the dog world). Love those sighthounds....noodle nose, spaghetti legs!

cheers Feb 16th 2011 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9180906)
Slapping you now, irreverent bersterd!
Don't know if you folks in UK saw, and no doubt don't care, that a 5-year-old Scottish deerhound named Hickory was awarded the best in show prize at the Westminster Kennel Club (biggest deal here in the dog world). Love those sighthounds....noodle nose, spaghetti legs!

It was front page in the local paper along with a big photo.

aviva Feb 16th 2011 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9180955)
It was front page in the local paper along with a big photo.

Do you know if that's an usual thing then, the reporting of the US winner? Maybe because little known UK breed? He's lovely though. Don't think there will be a huge run of people out to buy them here when they find out how quickly they grow, how much exercise they need, and how many puppies they have in a litter.................and you can't put them in a purse!