Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Feb 20th 2013, 7:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Pollyana...

Whats this Downton Abbey you speak of???... lol...

New innovation in the UK forum this week, not sure if anyone will post there, but we'll see......
Most of the chatty forums on BE like the Barbie and the Sheep Dip have virtual Pubs - order whatever you like and just pass time with whoever pops past, good place to chat, just like your typical British pub

So if anyone fancies a pint, pop into The Bull

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788074
Old Feb 20th 2013, 7:41 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

OK, here we go, lets see how it goes

All complaints on a postcard to The Whinging Pom, Brisbane

Titles on individual posts may take some time to catch up
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I like the new title, its more inclusive sounding and will attract new posters or lurkers as well as keep the lovely community spirit that exists here.

I love the idea of having a pub too, think I'll pop in for a shandy!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyana......OMG dont say it.... you dont like Downton Abbey...Snakes and Bastards whats the world coming to, I almost fell off my chair when I read your comment.

I like the idea of the Pub forum that sounds like fun.....Mmaybe a beer of for me a nice snowball.

Yes I think looking to the future is a good way to go. Everyone contributed wonderful links to very useful sites for going back home it was at a time when we had alot of brave people deciding to return home. I think they were and are very brave. When you see the mountain of work you have to go through to get back home its can make even the bravest think twiced.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

See thats with no drink in me, just the thought of it......
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Pollyana......OMG dont say it.... you dont like Downton Abbey...Snakes and Bastards whats the world coming to, I almost fell off my chair when I read your comment.

I like the idea of the Pub forum that sounds like fun.....Mmaybe a beer of for me a nice snowball.

Yes I think looking to the future is a good way to go. Everyone contributed wonderful links to very useful sites for going back home it was at a time when we had alot of brave people deciding to return home. I think they were and are very brave. When you see the mountain of work you have to go through to get back home its can make even the bravest think twiced.
I agree, Trotty!! The pub is a great idea!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say,I agree with Polyanna. I honestly tried really hard to get into Downtown, but there's something I don't like about it, can't quite put my finger on it though.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Montfan72
I have to say,I agree with Polyanna. I honestly tried really hard to get into Downtown, but there's something I don't like about it, can't quite put my finger on it though.
It doesn't grab me at all. I think because the characters and situations are too obvious. We're in a minority of 3 though
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It doesn't grab me at all. I think because the characters and situations are too obvious. We're in a minority of 3 though
I have only watched a little of one episode. I didn't watch enough to be phased either way. I will have to look to see if YouTube has some full episodes.

PS: They are on YouTube via PBS - but you have to pay $14.99 for the season to watch them. This pay-per-view is going to rule the world, I think

Last edited by windsong; Feb 20th 2013 at 8:19 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Great Pollyanna, thanks so much for listening to our comments, sorting out all
the different input, and effecting the title change!
Also, the idea of the pub is very appealing.....thanks for telling us about it.
(Yet another way to never get around to doing anything away from the computer!!!)
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think you could be right, some of the characters are a teensy bit stereotypical and contrived maybe? Please don't hate on me Downton lovers!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just popped into the pub for a drink and am now back here to say thank you to Pollyana for fixing everything for us and allowing us to have a drink now and again......
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes I have to agree that Downton Abbey is full of quite a few stuffed shirts and if I had been around back then I would probably have been the undermaid.....Thats not to say I dont really enjoy it. Dont know how much longer it can carry on if they keep killing people off.......
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:26 pm
Home and Happy

I like the new title, its more inclusive sounding and will attract new posters or lurkers as well as keep the lovely community spirit that exists here.

I love the idea of having a pub too, think I'll pop in for a shandy!
I just suddenly realised the UK forum is loads busier than it used to be - but no pub! Leave the money in the jar and serve youselves, and just chat to anyone who wanders in
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:27 pm
Home and Happy

I am surprised at Downton, I like most dramas of that style but that one didn't quite gel with me, not sure why. Seemed a little false maybe? I usually love those programmes - Brideshead is an all time favourite of mine, for instance, and I still like upstairs Downstairs.

Almost seems more of a challenge than moving out to start with, I know what you mean The pub - can be whatever you make it! Might get some visitors from other forums too, they are great threads for cross-country chats

Originally Posted by windsong
I agree, Trotty!! The pub is a great idea!

Maybe thats it, too obvious and not as much of a subtle story as something like Brideshead? Each to their own though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.