Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Mummy, hows the weather your way? Its like a spring day here and I was out in the garden and had to start watering because its been too long without rain. I also cut the lawn.

Cheers ducks
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:34 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Yes Spring like fog in the mornings and sun in the afternoon. I've still got the wood stove burning as it's cold 52 this afternoon (cold if you've been here a while)
Dd has been playing outside a lot , bouncing on the trampoline and bothering the cat. No watering needed yet. We have some rain coming our way according to the weather man. Dh cut the grass one time and has broken the lawn tractor twice now, the parts came this morning so we'll see short grass again sometime this week.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 1:23 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva
K, don't think I'm nuts, but have any of you considered taking a new US name when you get citizenship, and have both a UK and US name?
It's crossed my mind from time to time. Not to evade or misrepresent or that type of thing, just because I could. Then I consider what name I'd take.
Immigrants in US have very often changed their names, or had them changed for them, when becoming citizens. Just thought it might be fun but don't know if it would cause difficulties.
I still have my married name on my British passport as I was too stingy to spend over $300 for a new one, when I travel I have to take my birth cert. marriage cert and divorce papers just in case..............though I have never been asked for them and obviously I have to buy my airline ticket in my married name......

My name now is the one I was born with and I consider that to be my REAL name, I like it very much and it feels like ME. I was married for almost 30 years and yet the funny thing is I have never once signed my name in my married name, my REAL name just seems to flow effortlessly..........

Last edited by Beedubya; Jan 30th 2011 at 3:08 am.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I still have my married name on my British passport as I was too stingy to spend over $300 for a new one, when I travel I have to take my birth cert. marriage cert and divorce papers just in case..............though have never been asked for them and obviously I have to buy my airline ticket in my married name......

My name now is the one I was born with and I consider that to be my REAL name, I like it very much and it feels like ME. I was married for almost 30 year and yet the funny thing is I have never once signed my name in my married name, my REAL name just seems to flow effortlessly..........
U 2 young to have married that long.
cheers
Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:08 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
U 2 young to have married that long.
cheers
Oh you flatterer you.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Mummy, hows the weather your way? Its like a spring day here and I was out in the garden and had to start watering because its been too long without rain. I also cut the lawn.

Cheers ducks
Ours in Texas was 75F today with a pure blue sky. I hear there will be big changes for much colder weather and snow next week.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celtic Spirit, Don, Windsong and Eastern, (the dog lovers)

Have you seen this clip called 'Breakfast with Ginger'

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...th+ginger&aq=0

I think it is hilarious

Cheers
Old Jan 30th 2011, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is hilarious

Cheers
That was hilarious. I sent it to the grandkids!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 10:36 am
Home Sweet Home

I think it is hilarious

Cheers
Hi Cheers, well that was quite funny BUT the American canned laughter is something I can't abide IMHO it is too distracting and sooo fake, sorry !!!

I posted this on another thread but it seems to have been missed by all except a few.......... VERY clever British subtle humoUr............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaPep...63F5654A7B6C91

there are about 20 other clips in the same vein.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIDp0...eature=channel
Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Digressing - forewarning.. Gosh am I lucky bugger or what? I am visiting a friend I haven't seen in over 20 years - she lives in Buxton and from links she has sent me for B&B (dont' want to sleep on couch) it's bloody lovely.. Chatsworth House is nearby and deserves a visit from me.. I'm lucky..
Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:53 am
2aT
Forum Regular

2aT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fulwood
Digressing - forewarning.. Gosh am I lucky bugger or what? I am visiting a friend I haven't seen in over 20 years - she lives in Buxton and from links she has sent me for B&B (dont' want to sleep on couch) it's bloody lovely.. Chatsworth House is nearby and deserves a visit from me.. I'm lucky..
A favorite place to visit when I go back, Derbyshire is a great county. Don't forget to visit Haddon Hall which is a stones throw (almost) from Chatsworth a much older building with almost a medieval feeling about it and well worth a visit.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - will anyone who is in Australia please bring me up to speed about the hurricane due to hit Queensland soon? I have a brother in Cairns, and he wrote an impassioned plea to the family all over the world as he is scared - it is said to be a Category 4 moving up to a Category 5 storm - think Katrina in New Orleans.

Thanks, Rosie
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Hi - will anyone who is in Australia please bring me up to speed about the hurricane due to hit Queensland soon? I have a brother in Cairns, and he wrote an impassioned plea to the family all over the world as he is scared - it is said to be a Category 4 moving up to a Category 5 storm - think Katrina in New Orleans.

Thanks, Rosie
You must be very worried - your brother is OK. There are a few threads running in the Australia forum about the floods and cyclones - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=152. Check them out for details.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:33 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by fulwood
I had ALWAYS wanted to go to Chatsworth House, my nan went there when I was a kid and I remember the brochure.

Another for the bucket list, thanks fulwood I had forgotten about it..........
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:37 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by islandwoman120

Thanks, Rosie
Hi Rosie

It is not looking good.

You should PM Pollyanna the moderator on here, she actually works for the government body Emergency Management Queensland in charge of warnings for all this kind of thing. There are whole threads on the Aussie forum about this coming cyclone.

Hope your brother stays safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.