British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

DDL Dec 24th 2010 4:55 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9059351)
That Yorkshire pudding looks amazing!


They're ready-made/frozen. Aunt Bessie's brand. Mum says she'll never make another homemade pud; these are lovely - and perfect every time. :)

HighTide Dec 24th 2010 5:26 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year and may everyone be where they long to be soon.
It is now early Christmas Eve in Teignmouth and it has been a beautiful sunny day here. There were about 10 youngsters surfing here today (with wetsuits of course).
The town was very festive with Christmas carols playing everywhere and the town filled with last minute shoppers.
We may have found a property to buy and will see it again on Jan 29th. It's not a B & B but has a great holiday let and the potential for an extension.

cheers Dec 24th 2010 5:35 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 

Originally Posted by HighTide (Post 9059442)
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year and may everyone be where they long to be soon.
It is now early Christmas Eve in Teignmouth and it has been a beautiful sunny day here. There were about 10 youngsters surfing here today (with wetsuits of course).
The town was very festive with Christmas carols playing everywhere and the town filled with last minute shoppers.
We may have found a property to buy and will see it again on Jan 29th. It's not a B & B but has a great holiday let and the potential for an extension.

Tell us more!

Maybe you don't want to tell us where it is on the Rightmove because it could be a wrongmove if someone from here moves on it:D I don't think they would though.

Glad you found something you like.

Cheers

sallysimmons Dec 24th 2010 5:41 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 

Originally Posted by HighTide (Post 9059442)
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year and may everyone be where they long to be soon.
It is now early Christmas Eve in Teignmouth and it has been a beautiful sunny day here. There were about 10 youngsters surfing here today (with wetsuits of course).
The town was very festive with Christmas carols playing everywhere and the town filled with last minute shoppers.
We may have found a property to buy and will see it again on Jan 29th. It's not a B & B but has a great holiday let and the potential for an extension.

Oh how exciting!! Can't wait to hear more about it.

windsong Dec 24th 2010 5:51 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 
Seasons greetings to everyone wherever you are :D


charleygirl Dec 24th 2010 6:51 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND A WONDERFUL 2011

Hightide, sounds great and cant wait to hear more, DDL my SIL says same about Yorkies, never going to make another one after Aunt Bessies.....
Denise2, enjoy the time with the family, my husband paid 10 bucks for chestnuts yesterday:eek:

cheers Dec 24th 2010 6:57 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 
I just paid $18.63 incl. tax (£11.29) for two dungenous crab

Mummy in the foothills Dec 24th 2010 7:02 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9059517)
I just paid $18.63 incl. tax (£11.29) for two dungenous crap

Then you were ripped off, I'd have wanted Crab. :lol:

ldyinlv Dec 24th 2010 7:03 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9059523)
Then you were ripped off, I'd have wanted Crab. :lol:

lol..mummy...me too..no crap for me...;)

DDL Dec 24th 2010 7:04 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 
Merry Christmas everyone!



sallysimmons Dec 24th 2010 8:50 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9059523)
Then you were ripped off, I'd have wanted Crab. :lol:


:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just finished cleaning out our cats' litter box and was thinking 'heck, I could have given you lots for free'

windsong Dec 24th 2010 9:07 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9059606)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just finished cleaning out our cats' litter box and was thinking 'heck, I could have given you lots for free'


Ha ha ha!!!

sallysimmons Dec 24th 2010 11:19 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 
I have been craving Christmas cake with crumbly white cheese all day because of these conversations about traditional British Christmases. There was no fruit cake in the local grocery store, so I came home and made this cake.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/n...ipe/index.html

I just tried a piece with Wensleydale cheese and I pronounce it a very good substitute! Oh dear. My husband doesn't eat cake and it's just the two of us this year. Guess I'd better go for some long walks these next few days!!

Seriously though, I highly recommend the cake. Very easy to make and very tasty.

dontheturner Dec 25th 2010 1:36 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9059721)
I have been craving Christmas cake with crumbly white cheese all day because of these conversations about traditional British Christmases. There was no fruit cake in the local grocery store, so I came home and made this cake.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/n...ipe/index.html

I just tried a piece with Wensleydale cheese and I pronounce it a very good substitute! Oh dear. My husband doesn't eat cake and it's just the two of us this year. Guess I'd better go for some long walks these next few days!!

Seriously though, I highly recommend the cake. Very easy to make and very tasty.

Sally Well With, Nigella Lawson, wowee what can you expect? She is my Total Dream! Happy Christmas. take care dontheturner

dontheturner Dec 25th 2010 1:58 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.
 

Originally Posted by dgjamison (Post 9059069)
of course you are probably way ahead in time from us here, it is only 10.15am.:rofl: Don maybe you could help do you have a good receipe for Chestnut stuffing? we never have had it before, I have always followed my mums sage and onion receipe which I love, but my oh would like to try it any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Denise2

Denise2---My Mother, used to make the Sage & Onion, large amount, then divide into two, Put half onto an old Tin Plate (Enamel Dish) add some gravy Browning, (yes you can still buy it) stir it in, (add a little oil or fat) and bake it separately in the oven, always tasted nicer! Now -cakes. recipe. Weigh however many eggs you are using. Same weight of flour, same weight of Margarine (allowed to go soft), half that weight in Sugar, half that weight of sultanas, or raisins, Half that weight of glace cherries ( cut in half) Table spoon milk spoonful Vanilla Essence. Blend all into the flour, then divide into paper cake cases. Three eggs make about 15 small cakes. Oven on 180 preheated, & Cook for about twenty minutes. then have a look. If you don't like cherries, send them to me dontheturner


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:37 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.