Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Sep 9th 2012, 7:38 pm
Banned

sile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nice
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
That's not what I said but never mind. You are impossible to talk to.
Right, it's all me, I am sure.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
That's not what I said but never mind. You are impossible to talk to.
Easy on!
Old Sep 9th 2012, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

This reminds me of a hymn that we sometimes sing in church and goes something like this ".... let us all speak kind words to each other...."
I like that.
Peace
Old Sep 9th 2012, 7:44 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

How do you change the title under your name, I just noticed one Sally has President and one Sally has finally home. SO spill, what am I missing, cause mine says lost in BE cyberspace.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 7:45 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sile
Right, it's all me, I am sure.
Are you sure you aren't an ex poster come back under a new name, this is all sounding very familiar
Old Sep 9th 2012, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
How do you change the title under your name, I just noticed one Sally has President and one Sally has finally home. SO spill, what am I missing, cause mine says lost in BE cyberspace.
Go into 'edit profile' and it's the custom user title
Old Sep 9th 2012, 7:52 pm
Banned

sile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Are you sure you aren't an ex poster come back under a new name, this is all sounding very familiar
Ok, so now I am someone else, disguising my identity, using an alias?

No, I am just me, here since March, same name.

Now, is there anything else someone would like to accuse me of?

It's obvious I am not welcome here.

And no, the statement is not a ploy to get someone to say anything at all. So, don't throw that at me either.

Last edited by sile; Sep 9th 2012 at 9:41 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Additionally, it kind of bugs me to hear people insult Americans when I know they are working for Americans, running businesses that Americans purchase from, and taking full advantage of things we have to offer, and then they turn around and insult us. That seems wrong to me.
Judging by many of your posts on this thread, you seem to get bent out of shape by criticism of the US as opposed to actual insults. Whilst I agree one can blur into the other, why get so bent out of shape by criticism? I mean, I do overall like the US, but it has some blindingly obvious messes that it's failing to address - the system of healthcare access, for example - so it's hardly a surprise that US healthcare comes in for criticism by those that have been exposed to other systems. Etc etc.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

I used to work for Greenpeace back in the 70’s, one of our assignments was to try and protect the rainforest in Brazil. On one of our days of we went on a trek into the jungle and came upon a small tribe of native Indians who had one very peculiar trait in that they never used plurals in their language. Instead if there were two items they would say the word twice, and if there were three the would say the word three times and so on.

I asked the chief for an example and asked him what was the word for “idiot”

“Da” he replied.

So I asked him what two idiots would be.

“Da da.” he answered

“And three idiots?” I asked

“Da, da, da.” he retorted looking at me if I was a bit of a ‘da” myself.

Trying to be clever, I thought I’d catch him out and asked what a whole nation of idiots would be.

Without a moments hesitation, he put his right hand up to his heart and, to the tune of the star spangled banner started singing……..

“Da, da, da, da, da,da.
Da, da, da, da,da, da.

………. I’ll get me coat.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Our political conventions aren't about how fabulous Britain is - they're about policy.
The US conventions are essentially a "kickoff" meeting for the Presidential election campaign. They only hold them once every four years, for example. The primary role is to select a party's presidential candidate, but since '68 that really hasn't happened. Now they're little more than an election rally.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Sile you seem to be taking exception to everything we say on these forums and getting rather unpleasant with it! If you can't stand the heat....

Don't worry about your coat Bud,
Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Sile you seem to be taking exception to everything we say on these forums and getting rather unpleasant with it! If you can't stand the heat....

Don't worry about your coat Bud,
You are absolutely wrong. I have had many pleasant exchanges here. But many of you just pick and choose, twist, spin and exaggerate most of what I say whenever I disagree, and even when I don't.

There should be no " heat" to escape from, but some of you have made it so.
If I stand up for myself or state a differing opinion I am ALWAYS wrong here, with the exception of those who pm me with support.

There is never any self reflection that is done by those who make statements that I disagree with. Contrary to what you may believe, you are not always right.

And that little story that was just told by Bud the ...whatever...prime example of unkindness aimed straight at me. And that, by the way, could be considered taunting. Gang mentality, alive and well.....

Last edited by sile; Sep 9th 2012 at 9:20 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:15 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by rebs
Go into 'edit profile' and it's the custom user title
Done, now I can change that weekly depending on my mood
Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:20 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

You are absolutely wrong. I have had many pleasant exchanges here. But many of you just pick and choose, twist, spin and exaggerate most of what I say whenever I disagree, and even when I don't.

There should be no " heat" to escape from, but some of you have made it so.
If I stand up for myself or state a differing opinion I am ALWAYS wrong here, with the exception of those who pm me with support.

There is never any self reflection that is done by those who make statements that I disagree with. Contrary to what you may believe, you are not always right.

And that little story that was just told by Bud the ...whatever...prime example of unkindness aimed straight at me. And that, by the way, could be considered taunting, btw. Gang mentality, alive and well.....
No you are not always wrong, your opinion just differs from some other posters, and it is what it is. No one is ganging up on you and my comment about "are you someone else?", was a joke.
But whatever I give up.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
I used to work for Greenpeace back in the 70’s, one of our assignments was to try and protect the rainforest in Brazil. On one of our days of we went on a trek into the jungle and came upon a small tribe of native Indians who had one very peculiar trait in that they never used plurals in their language. Instead if there were two items they would say the word twice, and if there were three the would say the word three times and so on.

I asked the chief for an example and asked him what was the word for “idiot”

“Da” he replied.

So I asked him what two idiots would be.

“Da da.” he answered

“And three idiots?” I asked

“Da, da, da.” he retorted looking at me if I was a bit of a ‘da” myself.

Trying to be clever, I thought I’d catch him out and asked what a whole nation of idiots would be.

Without a moments hesitation, he put his right hand up to his heart and, to the tune of the star spangled banner started singing……..

“Da, da, da, da, da,da.
Da, da, da, da,da, da.

………. I’ll get me coat.
Posting this little "story" here simply serves to speak volumes about you rather than saying anything of any substance about Americans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.