Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Sep 5th 2012, 2:50 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by curleytops
Thanks, I think you may just be right about God's own county, we've enjoyed the south coast but always loved the look of Yorkshire, really looking forward to it
Living there you'll have great access to the whole coast and also to the North York Moors, an area I'm just getting to know, but really enjoying. It seems to have everything, from rolling green valleys to woodland and then bleak wild moorland. Yesterday we drove through Pickering on our way to the coast and it was lovely - I had no idea it was such a nice town.

I also recommend Runcorn Bay for a visit and the little church at Fylingdales overlooking Robin Hood's Bay.

Here are some pictures we took yesterday in your neck of the woods.
Attached Thumbnails Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up-robinhoodsbay.jpg   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up-whitby.jpg   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up-robin-hoodsbay.jpg  
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Living there you'll have great access to the whole coast and also to the North York Moors, an area I'm just getting to know, but really enjoying. It seems to have everything, from rolling green valleys to woodland and then bleak wild moorland. Yesterday we drove through Pickering on our way to the coast and it was lovely - I had no idea it was such a nice town.

I also recommend Runcorn Bay for a visit and the little church at Fylingdales overlooking Robin Hood's Bay.

As always thank you for some great pictures. If you like that coast try further North as well. There is a fantastic coast walk between Staithes and Saltburn which you can do in sections if the whole thing seems like to much. Just continuous views of cliffs, bays and sea like the one you posted. As I keep saying 80 + degrees here today - beautiful but I wish I was there
Old Sep 5th 2012, 10:04 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics. I am really enjoying reading your blog!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Great pics. I am really enjoying reading your blog!
Me too and I spent a lot of time on Rightmove looking at Pickering and I loved it.

Thank you SallyS.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I am enjoying your blog too SallyS! Gives me something to hang onto when I get bored here!
Old Sep 6th 2012, 7:07 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, thanks everyone for the kind words. I started out writing it just for myself as a kind of diary to look back on in later years, so I didn't expect anyone but friends and family to enjoy reading it. I'll try to post more often for those of you who are homesick.

Originally Posted by vikingsail
As always thank you for some great pictures. If you like that coast try further North as well. There is a fantastic coast walk between Staithes and Saltburn which you can do in sections if the whole thing seems like to much. Just continuous views of cliffs, bays and sea like the one you posted. As I keep saying 80 + degrees here today - beautiful but I wish I was there
Thanks for the tip. We're thinking of taking a long weekend to see the coast up there because it's just that bit too far for us from here (2+ hours to Whitby and then however long it takes to get further north). I'll keep this in mind for when we go.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 7:19 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sally, can you please let know how to find your blog. I know I have seen it, but perhaps I saved on my PC, which is in transit. Thank you
Old Sep 6th 2012, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful photos SallyS! That third shot looking over the bay really rang a bell in my memory. Looks like you had some great weather for your your travelling. From what you described of the vastly different landscapes it sounds not unlike Northumberland so sure we'll feel right at home there. I mentioned to hubby that he might have a long wait to get a look at Canada - we'll be so busy exploring everything on the doorstep we'll run out of vacation time.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 10:05 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Sally, can you please let know how to find your blog. I know I have seen it, but perhaps I saved on my PC, which is in transit. Thank you
Click on her name, then view profile, and there is a link there..
Old Sep 6th 2012, 11:53 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Click on her name, then view profile, and there is a link there..
Thank you
Old Sep 7th 2012, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone see the recent comments made by Meredith Viera, She got a thumb infection while in the U.K. during the Olympics, she said the UK hyped its NHS system but she was sent to a private doctor, what's she think it is, a free for all, even then she wasn't happy with her care.

It just seemed like she wanted a reason to down the NHS, maybe some political BS, if she was as smart as I thought she was, she would know that she didn't qualify for the NHS care without contributing or being a resident.

Last edited by Fish n Chips 56; Sep 7th 2012 at 6:51 am. Reason: added comment
Old Sep 7th 2012, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Who in our group was going to buy a flat in Eastbourne and changed her mind and opted for a flat in Dorset and then backed out of that? Who was it? Where did she end up? I'm sure she was in hospital for awhile?
Know who I mean?

Cheers
Old Sep 7th 2012, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Did anyone see the recent comments made by Meredith Viera, She got a thumb infection while in the U.K. during the Olympics, she said the UK hyped its NHS system but she was sent to a private doctor, what's she think it is, a free for all, even then she wasn't happy with her care.

It just seemed like she wanted a reason to down the NHS, maybe some political BS, if she was as smart as I thought she was, she would know that she didn't qualify for the NHS care without contributing or being a resident.
Poor thing. She probably makes over a million a year as a newscaster so she is probably a premadoner? I like her though.
I agree if she said that, it was a cheap shot.
When I went to see my cardiologist on Monday of this week he probably spent 5 minutes total with me but he will charge Medicare about $600. The rest of the time I was seen by his staff who did the EKG and the rest of it. I was in his office for about two hours
Old Sep 7th 2012, 12:07 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that if Ms Viera had walked into an A&E she would have been treated, but I'm sure she has insurance so why not go private, which should have been quicker if not better.

Bev
Old Sep 7th 2012, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Poor thing. She probably makes over a million a year as a newscaster so she is probably a premadoner? I like her though.I agree if she said that, it was a cheap shot.
What about $10 Million in 07, I really used to like her too, but these cheap shots dont impress me, it was the attitude as much as anything, people are influenced by people like her.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.