British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

Mummy in the foothills Aug 23rd 2012 3:38 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Don't worry about it, we can't all agree all the time. It's the spice of life.
I doubt many of us would actually get along in real life either, but it's nice to have online friends and adversaries. :lol:

Celticspirit Aug 23rd 2012 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 10241701)
I doubt many of us would actually get along in real life either, but it's nice to have online friends and adversaries. :lol:

HAHAHA....I LOVE YOU :-) xx

sile Aug 23rd 2012 4:23 am

Rather hilarious that you told everyone what she said to you "privately":rofl:

I guess if you are going to insult someone you shouldn't expect that person to keep it a secret. Good for you!:thumbsup:

sile Aug 23rd 2012 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 10241701)

Very wise comments.

Fish n Chips 56 Aug 23rd 2012 4:54 am

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 10240580)
Rodney,

Things have changed in Las Vegas since you were her. See this clip of Prince Harry showing off the Royal Jewels at the Wynn Hotel Resort.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/21/prince...s-hotel-party/

I've stayed in The Wynn a few times and recognise the rooms, Very poor judgement on Harrys part, I know he likes to have fun but he should have been more careful...

Whoever took and sold the pic would be no friend of mine, plain and simple, done forever no ifs or buts...

sile Aug 23rd 2012 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 10241775)
I've stayed in The Wynn a few times and recognise the rooms, Very poor judgement on Harrys part, I know he likes to have fun but he should have been more careful...

Whoever took and sold the pic would be no friend of mine, plain and simple, done forever no ifs or buts...

I don't imagine it was a friend of his. It was probably one of the other people he was partying with.

Imagine how much money they got for those pictures! they will probably be able to live on that money for quite awhile! And frankly, if he's going to go to Vegas, play strip billiards and get naked with a bunch of people, he shouldn't be expecting privacy for heaven's sake.

I wonder whathis grandmother said to him when he got back today?:o

Fish n Chips 56 Aug 23rd 2012 5:07 am

Originally Posted by sile (Post 10241780)
I don't imagine it was a friend of his. It was probably one of the other people he was partying with.

Imagine how much money they got for those pictures! they will probably be able to live on that money for quite awhile! And frankly, if he's going to go to Vegas, play strip billiards and get naked with a bunch of people, he shouldn't be expecting privacy for heaven's sake.

:o

I didnt think it was an actual friend, it shows Harry is not as smart we would expect him to be and a fool to trust people, I would expect him to party with close friends not morons who would sell him out, I suppose these people dont have much class, Id never sell out a person for money, respect and friendship is worth much more to me, it lasts a lifetime, when the money is gone its gone...

I was in Vegas on Sunday, he should have called me...

sile Aug 23rd 2012 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 10241789)
Thats right but it shows Harry not as smart we would expect him to be and a fool to trust people, I would expect him to party with close friends not morons who would sell him out, I suppose these people dont have much class, Id never sell out a person for money, respect and friendship is worth much more to me, it lasts a lifetime, when the money is gone its gone...

I agree about respect and friendship absolutely, but again, I am sure the person who took and sold the pictures was not a friend. And as much as I think Harry is adorable and likes to live a full life, I don't think what he did showed"much class" either, do you? Stripping off all his clothes and cuddling up to a naked stranger like that....he looked like he was having a sexual encounter frankly.He's a prince and the Queen's grandson...I think this was just stupid on his part...although I must say...nice bod, Harry!:thumbsup:

Fish n Chips 56 Aug 23rd 2012 5:15 am

I'm still trying to figure out which part of "GET A LIFE" wasn't personally insulting...

sile Aug 23rd 2012 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 10241796)
I'm still trying to figure out which part of "GET A LIFE" wasn't personally insulting...

What are you referring to?

Fish n Chips 56 Aug 23rd 2012 5:17 am

Originally Posted by sile (Post 10241798)
What are you referring to?

Celtics comments earlier... 4228 & 4230...

sile Aug 23rd 2012 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 10241800)
Celtics comments earlier...

oh

sile Aug 23rd 2012 5:22 am

Just curious...and I would live to hear real, true, honest opinions...
Let's say, hypothetically that you are in Vegas and somehow you end up partying with Prince Harry, whom you don't know and never met before. You all get goofy and he strips completely naked and starts grabbing girls.
You have a smart phone in your hand.You know you could take a few pics and sell them for whoknowswhat to someone...maybe a million bucks. would you?

Fish n Chips 56 Aug 23rd 2012 5:32 am

Originally Posted by sile (Post 10241803)
Just curious...and I would live to hear real, true, honest opinions...
Let's say, hypothetically that you are in Vegas and somehow you end up partying with Prince Harry, whom you don't know and never met before. You all get goofy and he strips completely naked and starts grabbing girls.
You have a smart phone in your hand.You know you could take a few pics and sell them for whoknowswhat to someone...maybe a million bucks. would you?

No I wouldn't, and I could really use the money, but Id hope to have him as a trusted friend, even if it didnt turn out that way I could sleep nights knowing I hadn't sunk that low, knowing I wasnt a person that would do anything for money...

I'm sure many people in todays world would sell out Harry and their own mother...

Fish n Chips 56 Aug 23rd 2012 5:37 am

Originally Posted by sile (Post 10241791)
I agree about respect and friendship absolutely, but again, I am sure the person who took and sold the pictures was not a friend. And as much as I think Harry is adorable and likes to live a full life, I don't think what he did showed"much class" either, do you? Stripping off all his clothes and cuddling up to a naked stranger like that....he looked like he was having a sexual encounter frankly.He's a prince and the Queen's grandson...I think this was just stupid on his part...although I must say...nice bod, Harry!:thumbsup:

I have to agree, she could be a slag and have all kinds of crap and disease on her, he would have no clue whats she's got, looks can be and often are decieving...