Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Aug 10th 2012, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
She's just south of Helston, Cornwall. It's the blue icon doing 20.7 knots.

Here's a link.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/
Thanks for the link, some really interesting stuff there!
Old Aug 10th 2012, 6:58 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

According to that site they're moored now, so I'll be the first to say WELCOME HOME GUYS! Hope the weather down there is as glorious as it is up here and that you have an easy and safe trip to wherever you're going now.

Enjoy these next few weeks because it's a once in a lifetime experience
Old Aug 10th 2012, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home sailors! What a beautiful day you've got to greet you, I don't think there's a cloud in the sky anywhere in the country today
Old Aug 10th 2012, 9:16 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
According to that site they're moored now, so I'll be the first to say WELCOME HOME GUYS! Hope the weather down there is as glorious as it is up here and that you have an easy and safe trip to wherever you're going now.

Enjoy these next few weeks because it's a once in a lifetime experience
back

beautifully hot and sunny down here today, cloudless sky and a temp of 20 at 10am.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs
back

beautifully hot and sunny down here today, cloudless sky and a temp of 20 at 10am.
Pretty much snap in Folkestone
Old Aug 10th 2012, 2:56 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

And Harrogate!
Old Aug 10th 2012, 4:08 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

We're Home!!!!! Just arrived in our little village and will be heading off to the pub for tea. Thank you all for arranging the glorious weather. It was a little foggy this morning as we pulled up to the dock, but that didn't last too long.

We had a great time on the ship and I managed to meet up with Pombat and Britwhore. The receptionist at the purser's desk must have thought he had a crazy woman on board when I asked him to help me track them down. I didn't think approaching people and asking them if they were Britwhore would have gone down too well and it might have resulted in me sporting a black eye.

As we were driving through Southampton I could smell the lovely scent of the grass and it reminded me that it is one of many things that I will now be able to enjoy.

I am pleased to report that sun also made its way up to Scotland, so I might be having my first homecoming drink on the pub patio!
Old Aug 10th 2012, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
We're Home!!!!! Just arrived in our little village and will be heading off to the pub for tea. Thank you all for arranging the glorious weather. It was a little foggy this morning as we pulled up to the dock, but that didn't last too long.

We had a great time on the ship and I managed to meet up with Pombat and Britwhore. The receptionist at the purser's desk must have thought he had a crazy woman on board when I asked him to help me track them down. I didn't think approaching people and asking them if they were Britwhore would have gone down too well and it might have resulted in me sporting a black eye.

As we were driving through Southampton I could smell the lovely scent of the grass and it reminded me that it is one of many things that I will now be able to enjoy.

I am pleased to report that sun also made its way up to Scotland, so I might be having my first homecoming drink on the pub patio!
Thanks for the update and I would like to know more about your voyage. Hope you enjoy your first tea!
Cheers
Old Aug 10th 2012, 4:35 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Thanks for the update and I would like to know more about your voyage. Hope you enjoy your first tea!
Cheers
thanks Cheers, I'll update you later. There is nice glass of wine, with name on it, waiting for me at the pub. I will now have to undertake the arduous task of walking a few yards down the street to retrieve it.

As they say on Coronation Street - Laters........
Old Aug 10th 2012, 5:09 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on getting back safe and sound if1.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1

IFI thanks for the update on your voyage and a great big welcome home,
Good for you, I really do envy you coming home in great style on the QM2
you lucky thing you
Now its time to celebrate, enjoy your wine
BTW I hear you on the lovely smell of the green green grass of home,
Take care,
Rodney.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1

How exciting and congratulations!! Home is calling me faster than ever. I hope your return is smooth and happy. When I get to Northern Ireland...i will only be about 21 miles from the Scottish coast :-)
Old Aug 11th 2012, 11:08 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Thanks to everyone for the welcome home wishes. it has been all go since we got back. Last night we went to the pub and received a warm welcome. Nobody questioned our sanity on moving back to the UK, instead, I found people sharing their views on the merits of the village and the amount of things to do. I think I may have unintentionally auditioned for the village choir and we have been offered a spot on the allotment waiting list.

This morning, OH went of the village shop and the butchers to gather some provisions and we are all stocked up for a bit. There was a bit of excitement on our street as a solitary sheep had made its way into the village. The local garage owner helped to herd it to safety.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 11:11 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
How exciting and congratulations!! Home is calling me faster than ever. I hope your return is smooth and happy. When I get to Northern Ireland...i will only be about 21 miles from the Scottish coast :-)
When do you think you will be back? I really want to visit NI & I at some point.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 11:38 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
Cheers
Cheers, I have posted a bit of an update on the Cunard QM2 thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.