Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jul 5th 2012, 9:07 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Are this the lot that used to stand about on street corners with a sandwich board that said "the end is nigh"
Bingo. Newsmax is just a bunch of birthers and Glenn Beck fans stocking up on gold bars to save themselves from the end of the world.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Are this the lot that used to stand about on street corners with a sandwich board that said "the end is nigh"
I don't know where that came from.

This film I watched as I passed in front of the TV. It makes you think.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/bowling-for-columbine/
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Where is Bea????
Old Jul 7th 2012, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raining and flooding all over the UK, right? So why is it when I look at the webcam of Abbey Road in London is it always as dry as a bone??

and further more why is the UK stealing all the rain when we need it here

Cheers
Old Jul 7th 2012, 4:06 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Raining and flooding all over the UK, right? So why is it when I look at the webcam of Abbey Road in London is it always as dry as a bone??

Cheers
True, I keep looking to see whats happening weather wise where my kids are and low an behold it's dry each time I just asked my son about the rain and he said it's not bad, on and off rain so far.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cheers

Cheers
Aerial Shots were taken while I was in the UK. They are several years old. All our rain is coming from your side of the pond. Please turn off the geyser! Don
Old Jul 7th 2012, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
All our rain is coming from your side of the pond. Please turn off the geyser! Don
Old Jul 7th 2012, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

BBC news about Devon flooding etc. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18750430
Old Jul 11th 2012, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

New photos - flowers in the gardens here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/islandw...7630531744488/
Old Jul 12th 2012, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
New photos - flowers in the gardens here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/islandw...7630531744488/
Lovely pictures Rosie. The best gardens in the world are in England - probably because of the climate. I especially love the hydrangeas and roses. They are harder to grow here because of the extreme temperatures - very hot summers and cold winters. I must admit, I miss my English garden. I used to have beautiful roses.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Despite the rain, the flowers are wonderful! Nice photos. I have created an English garden here in my home on beach sand, same flowers but I am now running around with the sprinkler twice of week to get them to stay flowering at their peak. Nothing like an English garden
Old Jul 12th 2012, 4:35 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Despite the rain, the flowers are wonderful! Nice photos. I have created an English garden here in my home on beach sand, same flowers but I am now running around with the sprinkler twice of week to get them to stay flowering at their peak. Nothing like an English garden
Twice a week, you are lucky. here we have to water twice a day.
I agree the pictures are lovely. When I clicked the link the colours just pop right out.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

You are lucky to be able to water twice a day. If we water more than twice a week we get a fine of $2,000
Old Jul 12th 2012, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Twice a week, you are lucky. here we have to water twice a day.
I agree the pictures are lovely. When I clicked the link the colours just pop right out.
Despite having more water and lakes than anywhere else in the world we are restricted to twice a week! Between 7pm and 10pm!
Old Jul 12th 2012, 11:42 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Lovely pictures Rosie. The best gardens in the world are in England - probably because of the climate. I especially love the hydrangeas and roses. They are harder to grow here because of the extreme temperatures - very hot summers and cold winters. I must admit, I miss my English garden. I used to have beautiful roses.
There are roses bred in Ontario that survive very cold winters. I believe they're called the Explorer line and named after various explorers. Try them. I had one in Ottawa that did okay with a bit of winter protection.

Bev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.