Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jun 6th 2012, 4:59 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Rodney,

I see Sally has given you a few artists to checkout. Here is a new artist that I love. Her name is Caro Emerald and her music sounds as though it is from another era. This song just makes me want to dance.

http://youtu.be/74LXx0wSqMI

If the link doesn't work look up Caro Emerald, A Night Like This, on You Tube.

I can see you dancing around the kitchen to this.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Rodney,

I see Sally has given you a few artists to checkout. Here is a new artist that I love. Her name is Caro Emerald and her music sounds as though it is from another era. This song just makes me want to dance.

http://youtu.be/74LXx0wSqMI

If the link doesn't work look up Caro Emerald, A Night Like This, on You Tube.

I can see you dancing around the kitchen to this.
If1 well thank you very much, your right I absolutely love it I wasn't dancing around the kitchen only though cause it was a little late and its time for me to hit the sack, its 12.30 am this song is like a nice refreshing Birthday present for me as its officially my big day today 7th June Im 67 today,
I will have to listen to Sally's songs tomorrow as Im too tired now, thanks Sally!!!!
Rodney.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 1:44 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
If1 well thank you very much, your right I absolutely love it I wasn't dancing around the kitchen only though cause it was a little late and its time for me to hit the sack, its 12.30 am this song is like a nice refreshing Birthday present for me as its officially my big day today 7th June Im 67 today,
I will have to listen to Sally's songs tomorrow as Im too tired now, thanks Sally!!!!
Rodney.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RODNEY!!!!!!!! I hope when read this you have been boogeying around the table to Caro! Have a wonderful day!!!!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 2:39 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Rodney.
Happy Birthday to you.......
Old Jun 8th 2012, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I missed your Birthday Rod, Wow times flies, I remember when you hit 65... Lets hope this is another good year for you...
Old Jun 8th 2012, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

The Queen Meets Paul McCartney - DIAMOND JUBILEE CONCERT - YouTube

For those with a sense of humour Copy and paste the above, hopefully you will see a guy that made me laugh...
Old Jun 8th 2012, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Rodney.
Hi Rod! Sorry I too missed the Big Day! Have a great 2012. Don
Old Jun 8th 2012, 8:56 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I am so thrilled with England right now. Not the jubilee or the football or the Olympics, but the vets here. My cat was ill with hyperthyroid disease when we brought him home. the vet in the US didn't catch it and we didn't know about it until we got back and he started throwing up.

He is my little buddy and has been for 14 years. I was so worried about him.

Long story short, we took him to the vet here, they discussed all the options with us, and we decided on surgery. He had to be hospitalized for 2 weeks prior to surgery to stabilize his thyroid levels - the whole thing (hospitalization, surgery, meds etc) cost less than half what we would have paid in the US. And the results couldn't be better - he is happy again and gaining weight. We just took him in for a check-up and they said they're thrilled with his progress.

Long live the Queen!
Old Jun 8th 2012, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

I love you Sally, you`re so positive!
Old Jun 8th 2012, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I am so thrilled with England right now. Not the jubilee or the football or the Olympics, but the vets here. My cat was ill with hyperthyroid disease when we brought him home. the vet in the US didn't catch it and we didn't know about it until we got back and he started throwing up.

Long story short, we took him to the vet here, they discussed all the options with us, and we decided on surgery. He had to be hospitalized for 2 weeks prior to surgery to stabilize his thyroid levels - the whole thing (hospitalization, surgery, meds etc) cost less than half what we would have paid in the US. And the results couldn't be better - he is happy again and gaining weight. We just took him in for a check-up and they said they're thrilled with his progress.

Long live the Queen!
Sally thats fantastic news, really good to hear of yet another one of the good things about living in England,
I want to join you in saying Im also thrilled with England, and I love this country, -------------- and anyone out there that are worried about the culture shock that they may experience over hear, ------ DONT, cause speaking for myself I blended in so well, and experienced no culture shock at all,
and I bet not too many of us do.
Take care,
Rodney.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Hi Rod! Sorry I too missed the Big Day! Have a great 2012. Don
Thanks Don and Fish And MITF and everyone else and IFI for the Birthday wishes
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Don and Fish And MITF and everyone else and IFI for the Birthday wishes
Oooops.....happy belated birthday Rodney!
Old Jun 9th 2012, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ehl250
No, first am going to Kelowna, to my daughter's, for a rest!
So where is that?
Old Jun 10th 2012, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons

Long live the Queen!
Good news then Sally- glad to hear it!!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Rod, I'm back home now and on the computer so I hope you had a nice birthday with all the birthday party hats and jelly and cakes.

Cheers mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.