Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jan 19th 2012, 12:00 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by cheers
Did you click what came up?
Nothing else comes up, just the sign in .
What did you see
Old Jan 19th 2012, 1:26 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

cheers, when someone emails you something, you have to copy the URL of the emailed item, not the URL of the email. This has happened before - if you copy the URL of the email, we all just get sent to a Gmail log-in page, because we don't have access to your email account.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

For all of you over there in the Uk, this arrived in my inbox. Wish I could take advantage of it.

http://londonmidland.m.delivery.net/...N&k=11Szzs&sc=
Old Feb 5th 2012, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I would try to keep this thread going! The Queen will be 60 years on the throne tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16895833
Old Feb 5th 2012, 3:52 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Thought I would try to keep this thread going! The Queen will be 60 years on the throne tomorrow.

They were just talking about that on the news. Queen Victoria was on the throne for 63 years, so I wonder if she will beat that record.
My middle son turns 18 tomorrow.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 4:57 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
They were just talking about that on the news. Queen Victoria was on the throne for 63 years, so I wonder if she will beat that record.
My middle son turns 18 tomorrow.
Pauline, do you want to feel young??

My daughter was 40 last November and my grand-daughter was 16 in January and has just got her L-plates this week.

Doesn't seem 2 minutes since she was born and now she will be tearing up the highways!!
Old Feb 5th 2012, 5:05 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by Beedubya

My daughter was 40 last November and my grand-daughter was 16 in January and has just got her L-plates this week.

Doesn't seem 2 minutes since she was born and now she will be tearing up the highways!!
Yes they do tear up the highway don't they. Alex is already driving has been since he was 15.5 and got his full license at 16. He decided to take the day off school tomorrow and go to the pictures and lunch with his girlfriend, not sure what her parents think of that she isn't 18 till summer.
She is one smart cookie, has got into every uni she has applied to, including Cornell, so she's raring to get to Uni wherever she decides to go.
Of course I still have my baby at home, she's 7 now.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

My daughters are 36 and 34 - makes me feel old although I had them when I was young (I'm 58). Grand-children are 6 and 4. Today's young women take their time before having children - not like we did. In some ways it's better and in other ways it isn't. I was reading an article recently regarding the increasing number of twins being born in the USA. Apparently a lot of women are waiting until their mid to late 30s before having children, and then find out they have fertility problems and then have fertility treatments - hence the twins. Several managers in the company I work for have had twins in the past year - all women in their late 30s having their first babies.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya

My daughter is 42 Bee! I was married at 19 and had her at 20. Funny because I used to tell everyone that I wasn't going to marry until I was 40. My baby is 31.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Derrygal

... and may there be many more!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:42 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
My daughter is 42 Bee! I was married at 19 and had her at 20. Funny because I used to tell everyone that I wasn't going to marry until I was 40. My baby is 31.
I was married at 18 oh foolish me!!! My baby son is 37.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:16 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

I'm really not that much different in age, I just started late with the kids. I'll be 50 next month oldest is 23 next one 18(today) and little one is 7 (bit of a mid life crisis there I think) Many of my UK friends are already Grandmas too.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I'm really not that much different in age, I just started late with the kids. I'll be 50 next month oldest is 23 next one 18(today) and little one is 7 (bit of a mid life crisis there I think) Many of my UK friends are already Grandmas too.
That reminded me of our next door neighbour when I was growing up in England. She had 3 boys and then suddenly in her 40s she was expecting another. My Mum was giving those meaningful looks when she discussed it with people so even though I was a child, I guessed that it was some sort of surprise. It was a girl! and Mrs H. was sooooo happy.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:13 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

I thought this article might be of interest:

"Goodbye, Middle Class"

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/goodby...dle-class.html

How sad for these families
Old Feb 8th 2012, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I thought this article might be of interest:

"Goodbye, Middle Class"

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/goodby...dle-class.html

How sad for these families
Were you better off 8 years ago?

What I see is a lot of people are out spending money like they have never had it so good. I don't get it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.