British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

Beedubya Oct 18th 2011 3:27 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Wow there was a half hour special on the TV last night about Betty Driver, I knew she had been an entertainer but had no idea that she had had her own TV show in the 50's, really interesting it was, on ITV player if you want a nostalgic trip down memory lane for all you oldies. :rofl:

Mrs Sully Oct 18th 2011 5:41 am

Originally Posted by dontheturner (Post 9675108)
Lots. Shawbirch-this is a village - but mostly new houses, been built about 15-20 years, and we have 2 Pubs, Doctors, dentists, vets, and a 7/11 supermarket, lots of walks, and several pools, Main Hospital 1 mile. Town of Wellington, two miles, and very large, soon to be City, of Telford, about 4 miles.

Other villages,:- Admaston, High Ercall, Arleston, Lawley (old & New_ just being built), Shifnal ( on main-line station) - Albrighton, Lilleshall, Newport, Edgmond, all Shropshire. Do have google, then come back to me. Love Don PS These are ALL nice, and peaceful...

Don, you picked a lovely part of England. My closest friend lives in Shifnal. We often go to Much Wenlock, there is a great butcher's shop there. Iron bridge is great for a day out as is the historical railway in Bridgenorth.

dontheturner Oct 18th 2011 7:45 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Mrs Sully (Post 9680835)
Don, you picked a lovely part of England. My closest friend lives in Shifnal. We often go to Much Wenlock, there is a great butcher's shop there. Iron bridge is great for a day out as is the historical railway in Bridgenorth.

Hello Mrs Sully - I know Shifnal very very well. The Best Car dealership in Shropshire is there - Patons. A good reliable family business. Unfortunately, they could not find me a cheap automatic, so I had to buy elsewhere, but I took it to them, by invitation, the day after buying it, and they gave me a free full check report.

But Shropshire has lots to offer. A day out? Ironbridge will take some beating. Shot here. (A single click will enlarge it) Don

trottytrue Oct 18th 2011 3:03 pm

dontheturner..You have one beautiful wife, and talented as well. :)

dontheturner Oct 18th 2011 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by trottytrue (Post 9681679)
dontheturner..You have one beautiful wife, and talented as well. :)

Well You could be spot on, but then I have never seen TT yet. so I must reserve judgment! love Don

Mrs Sully Oct 18th 2011 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by dontheturner (Post 9680927)
Hello Mrs Sully - I know Shifnal very very well. The Best Car dealership in Shropshire is there - Patons. A good reliable family business. Unfortunately, they could not find me a cheap automatic, so I had to buy elsewhere, but I took it to them, by invitation, the day after buying it, and they gave me a free full check report.

But Shropshire has lots to offer. A day out? Ironbridge will take some beating. Shot here. (A single click will enlarge it) Don

Beautiful photo Don, beautiful lady. Maybe we will catch up one day in Ironbridge. I'm so excited about seeing more of my dear friend and her husband.

Derrygal Oct 18th 2011 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9680654)
We are getting the reruns of Doc Martin and I want your opinion on something.

The policemans name is Mark. Can you see the resemblance to the Republican candidate, Governor Perry? To me his expressions are so similar.

Cheers

Don't know Cheers - I try not to look at Perry (or any of the other Republican candidates)!!!!!

Englishmum Oct 18th 2011 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9678524)
:rofl: Poor Cheers.

I once locked mine in the car, and my purse with my phone and ID in the trunk :o So I used the phone at the hospital (I was in the parking lot) to call the locksmith who said he wasn't supposed to open the vehicle without me showing him ID first :eek:

Car Park, Mummy, Car Park !!! :lol:

sallysimmons Oct 18th 2011 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Englishmum (Post 9682508)

And the phone and ID were in the boot! :lol:

Mummy in the foothills Oct 18th 2011 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Englishmum (Post 9682508)

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9682589)
And the phone and ID were in the boot! :lol:

:banghead: I'm going to be in so much trouble when I move back aren't I?

mikelincs Oct 19th 2011 11:33 am

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9680654)
We are getting the reruns of Doc Martin and I want your opinion on something.

The policemans name is Mark. Can you see the resemblance to the Republican candidate, Governor Perry? To me his expressions are so similar.

Cheers

Must be quite an old series, as the policeman in the last 2 serires has been Joe Penhale, played by John Marquez

Englishmum Oct 20th 2011 12:41 pm

Oh dear......what a foolish woman! :ohmy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...portation.html

Beedubya Oct 20th 2011 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Englishmum (Post 9685705)
Oh dear......what a foolish woman! :ohmy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...portation.html

Love is blind???? :confused::eek::ohmy:

Gabgoeshome Oct 20th 2011 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9685775)
Love is blind???? :confused::eek::ohmy:

This lady is silly, she is attractive and really shouldn't waste her time believing that kid really loves her.

Why do they do it?

Happens all the time, and the poor woman either loses all her savings and/or dignity.

I wouldn't want a 19 year old and I'm 'only' 40!

Hope someone helps her see sense quickly!

Englishman43 Oct 20th 2011 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome (Post 9685808)

I wouldn't want a 19 year old and I'm 'only' 40!

Really ? I'd take one :eek: