British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

sallysimmons Sep 19th 2011 11:16 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Yikes - don't say anymore please. Most of us haven't seen it yet!

fulwood Sep 20th 2011 1:33 am

sallysimmons I just viewed it on ITV using expatshield. are you waiting for it on PBS? won't say anymore in case I ruin it for you..

sallysimmons Sep 20th 2011 11:15 am

No, I downloaded it from The Box, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Plus I know there are some people who won't be able to see it until it comes on PBS.

cheers Sep 20th 2011 10:00 pm

In 1930 the US was planning on an attack on Britain according to newly released high sensitive documents.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-weapons.html

dontheturner Sep 21st 2011 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9633156)
In 1930 the US was planning on an attack on Britain according to newly released high sensitive documents.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-weapons.html

Trust the Daily Mail, (and Cheers) !!!

dunroving Sep 21st 2011 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9631913)
No, I downloaded it from The Box, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Plus I know there are some people who won't be able to see it until it comes on PBS.

So they won't know that Bates eloped with Lady Mary, Thomas won the Victoria Cross, and Downton Abbey was turned into a theme park, then. :D

There was a really good program the same day that the new series started (I think the program was a Countrywise special) about the estate that it is filmed on. It is/was owned by Lord Carnaervon (the one from about three generations back was responsible for funding the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb, and died of a mosquito bite shortly after visiting the tomb). Fascinating stories, full of interesting characters (just like Downton Abbey itself).

sallysimmons Sep 21st 2011 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 9634546)
So they won't know that Bates eloped with Lady Mary, Thomas won the Victoria Cross, and Downton Abbey was turned into a theme park, then. :D

Well now there's no point in watching!!

I did watch the second Doc Martin last night. I love that show. Also glad there's a new season of QI and really enjoying 'Who Do You Think You Are.'

Englishman43 Sep 21st 2011 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9634610)

I did watch the second Doc Martin last night. I love that show. Also glad there's a new season of QI and really enjoying 'Who Do You Think You Are.'

Sally - how did you view Doc Martin ( sorry if this has already been answered ).

Watched all the ones available in Netflix , up to when Doc & teacher had the baby - and was waiting for the new season.

Is that the season you are watching now ?

cheers Sep 21st 2011 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9634610)

I may be wrong but I think that was a joke by DR???

dunroving Sep 21st 2011 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9634698)

Yes, but I think Sally's irony-detector was working just fine. She was responding in kind (I think - she's not that daft, is she?) :rofl:

cheers Sep 21st 2011 6:00 pm

Maybe I'm the one who is daft!

sallysimmons Sep 21st 2011 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9634698)

Yes, I was kidding too :)

sallysimmons Sep 21st 2011 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Englishman43 (Post 9634677)
Sally - how did you view Doc Martin ( sorry if this has already been answered ).

Watched all the ones available in Netflix , up to when Doc & teacher had the baby - and was waiting for the new season.

Is that the season you are watching now ?

No, I'm watching the ones that are showing in the UK now. There have been two episodes so far. I joined The Box and I download all the British shows from there. If you've used bittorrents before, it's easy to use, otherwise it might be a bit confusing.

They open up memberships every once in a while so if it's closed now, it won't be forever.

Englishman43 Sep 21st 2011 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9634769)
No, I'm watching the ones that are showing in the UK now. There have been two episodes so far. I joined The Box and I download all the British shows from there. If you've used bittorrents before, it's easy to use, otherwise it might be a bit confusing.

They open up memberships every once in a while so if it's closed now, it won't be forever.

Yeah that is confusing :o

cheers Sep 21st 2011 7:33 pm

The Doc I watched last night was the one with the funeral. Is that the first one of the new series?
On Downton it is the one showing the trenches in France. Is that the first one?
I don't think I have given the game away and if you do reply right away and I will delete.
Cheers.