Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by aviva
I'd have started crying! Can't handle eating anything that can look at me. You know I wanted to get a couple of Borzoi when I get back to UK. I've had 10 over the years, do you know if they are readily available there? Sounds as though it costs a fortune to keep though, going by DR's estimate.
We are sooo on the same page. Even chickens.......I could make myself crazy. But just look into any animal's eyes.
Yes, go to a Borzoi rescue group. There will be many rescue dogs. Hounds are hard to place........glamorous but with all of the hound traits.
When are you leaving and wherever you settling? I love to stay in touch with dog people and hope to continue as a dog judge in Europe.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry. I feel pretty lost a lot.

I have found an exercise place that makes me feel good, it may keep me sane while we move. I do Zumba OMG I'm moving bits I haven't moved in years
I just got back from class, after my shower I'm still glowing from the exercise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glexu90pMxo
Omg. Exercise is key to sanity. I should be your mommy....67 on Thursday......you just have the knack of making me feel protected.
I have been going to Curves for 3 days a week for four years and they just started Zumba three times a week this year. Can't wait to see it but cos of the pneumonia I have to step back a bit
Got called to Jury Duty pick tomorrow......
Fidelma xx
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
We are sooo on the same page. Even chickens.......I could make myself crazy. But just look into any animal's eyes.
Yes, go to a Borzoi rescue group. There will be many rescue dogs. Hounds are hard to place........glamorous but with all of the hound traits.
When are you leaving and wherever you settling? I love to stay in touch with dog people and hope to continue as a dog judge in Europe.
I have dreams of how I would like it to go. First, after 40 years, citizenship (just never got around to it). Then I'd like to save up about 160K (pounds) so I can buy a place, I think. (I'm brilliant at saving money) Either that or rent a place with minimal output so I can spend money on traveling around Europe. I'd like to share with someone, significant or insignificant other, so I can have a better lifestyle. Maybe have a place in Spain or Italy and go alternating back and forth so not to get on nerves. In a perfect world, I'd like to live alone, but I don't think I can, and realistically would rather be slightly irritated by someone else sometimes, than completely lonely as the years go by. Must have pets, artistic endeavors, friends, garden, water source nearby (river, lake, ocean), possible sunshine sometimes.
I've a Masters in Clinical Psychology but do Dog and Cat Grooming. Pets are more fun and rewarding to me.
When? It's a moving target. Three years tops, one year if I could figure it out.
Where? Thought about Scotland but sometimes sounds as though the weather is too harsh? South of England, Devon? Frome?

Last edited by aviva; Jan 19th 2011 at 3:38 am.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

About half of my Borzois have been from the Rescue here in CA. I even picked one up from the pound once! I was registered with them if they ever got one in. Unbelievable. The owner had been arrested and was in jail and not able to get out to claim him. Sweet boy! I was there the second he became available, even before the Rescue.
And I can't look a chicken in the eye either.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

I have dreams of how I would like it to go. First, after 40 years, citizenship (just never got around to it). Then I'd like to save up about 160K (pounds) so I can buy a place, I think. (I'm brilliant at saving money) Either that or rent a place with minimal output so I can spend money on traveling around Europe. I'd like to share with someone, significant or insignificant other, so I can have a better lifestyle. Maybe have a place in Spain or Italy and go alternating back and forth so not to get on nerves. In a perfect world, I'd like to live alone, but I don't think I can, and realistically would rather be slightly irritated by someone else sometimes, than completely lonely as the years go by. Must have pets, artistic endeavors, friends, garden, water source nearby (river, lake, ocean), possible sunshine sometimes.
I've a Masters in Clinical Psychology but do Dog and Cat Grooming. Pets are more fun and rewarding to me.
When? It's a moving target. Three years tops, one year if I could figure it out.
Where? Thought about Scotland but sometimes sounds as though the weather is too harsh? South of England, Devon? Frome?
Ha-Ha-Ha Frome would be the ultimate spot for those of us wanting an anchor.....so long as Rosie stays put! Big worldly family. What a trip!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone - Just had to check in here to this new thread - or is it just an extension of the other one but with a new name?

Anyway, I wanted to put a message here so I can subscribe
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by windsong
Hi everyone - Just had to check in here to this new thread - or is it just an extension of the other one but with a new name?

You can talk about ANYTHING here is the difference.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

About half of my Borzois have been from the Rescue here in CA. I even picked one up from the pound once! I was registered with them if they ever got one in. Unbelievable. The owner had been arrested and was in jail and not able to get out to claim him. Sweet boy! I was there the second he became available, even before the Rescue.
And I can't look a chicken in the eye either.
I really don't know about you. Are you British? Are you able to bring your rescues to the UK? Moving animals is a very expensive proposition. One of mine is very elderly......I would not leave without her.......she as been my reason to live......
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't know about you. Are you British? Are you able to bring your rescues to the UK? Moving animals is a very expensive proposition. One of mine is very elderly......I would not leave without her.......she as been my reason to live......
Mine, too, CS. Love for my dear pets has carried me through more than one downturn in my life. I would never leave them or let them down.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally I'm from Scotland. I left when I was a child. Lived in the West Indies for ten years and here for forty. Have no family back there that I know of.
Pets, no they'e all passed. As you know, the larger breeds don't live much into their teens. I'd love to have pets now, hate not having them, but want to wait till I move. I usually have cats, dogs and birds and pretty much anything that trots by. Thought about a llama once, wouldn't mind a goat and some chickens too (for eggs).
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

It is sorta sad we all got separated. We should all be on the same page as we all have the same goals and ideas for the future. Chit chat and seriousness can work together.
It is a little harder work to check into two lists every day.
Jury duty tomorrow. Hope they throw me out.

Fidelma
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

I saw on tv (within last 6 months) that there's a group in UK that rescues laying hens once they are past their prime and about to be life-ended. This group knits them sweaters as they frequently have a lot of missing feathers. Wear them for a few weeks, then they get adopted out to people who just want a hen with a few eggs laid every week. Thought I was going to die looking at this table with ladies knitting chicken sweaters!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Mine, too, CS. Love for my dear pets has carried me through more than one downturn in my life. I would never leave them or let them down.
Happy days,
LuLu....AKC champion Emerald To Sir With Love.......not friendly.....Brilliant momma.....Only loves me.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Happy days,
LuLu....AKC champion Emerald To Sir With Love.......not friendly.....Brilliant momma.....Only loves me.
That's all that counts, CS
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

That's all that counts, CS
I'm desperate to have a pet again. First time in 30 year's I haven't. I'm going to have to remain mobile and jump through every possible hoop to find the bucks to move back home though. So the sooner the better!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.