Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Our TV stations in the US are occupied with the Kacee Anthony murder trial and I think it is sick that people want to know all the details. I think it is also sick that spectators are trying to kill each other to get a seat in the court.

DW thinks she should be acquitted because they, the jury, have be certain without a doubt that she did murder her little girl.

Would you like to participate in a poll?

Did she do it? yes or no..

Me = No
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Just don't leave them on the ironing board next to the iron, or near the cooker.

Plastic money came out in Australia a long time ago..........
Hey its only 3:22 pm your time, what are you doing home so early?

Hope you are alright and you are back on track healthwise.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Where is dunroving? Any guesses?

He is around, I just found him posting 7 days ago.

Cheers

Last edited by cheers; Jun 23rd 2011 at 12:30 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:43 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Hey its only 3:22 pm your time, what are you doing home so early?

Hope you are alright and you are back on track healthwise.
I have the week off work as I am still not right, off to the GP now to get my bp checked YET AGAIN!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:45 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Our TV stations in the US are occupied with the Kacee Anthony murder trial and I think it is sick that people want to know all the details. I think it is also sick that spectators are trying to kill each other to get a seat in the court.

DW thinks she should be acquitted because they, the jury, have be certain without a doubt that she did murder her little girl.

Would you like to participate in a poll?

Did she do it? yes or no..

Me = No
You can do a proper poll on here, you go down to the bottom of the page when you start your new thread........

Me - Don't know, have not heard of this case.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have the week off work as I am still not right, off to the GP now to get my bp checked YET AGAIN!!!
See that's the thing about working, I would be sick about being absent after just getting the job. This is maybe an American thing.

Once when I came back from a trip for the company and I was very sick and I called in to tell the boss I was sick and his response was 'I'll see you tomorrow then' Compassion all the way!

I agree you need to get yourself better which is the most important thing.

Cheers

Last edited by cheers; Jun 23rd 2011 at 12:56 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:06 pm
Home Sweet Home

See that's the thing about working, I would be sick about being absent after just getting the job. This is maybe an American thing.

Once when I came back from a trip for the company and I was very sick and I called in to tell the boss I was sick and his response was 'I'll see you tomorrow then' Compassion all the way!

I agree you need to get yourself better which is the most important thing.

Cheers
NOT AN AMERICAN THING AT ALL!!!

I am just too ill to go to work, and the HR lady has told me to take the week off, she was there when this stupid thing happened and knows the score........as was the head honcho European manager.......

I have been in hospital for 2 days, had numerous tests including a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) not nice at all, still very stiff and sore and still got headaches and high blood pressure, believe me I don't feel good about taking time off, but my health is more important than any job.........when I went to Belgium I was fit and healthy but after doing that stupid team building exercise my blood pressure went through the roof and here I am, not so healthy after all..............
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

This in the Telegraph....she threw things at the police, escaped from handcuffs and then spat at the police.
The defense said she was such a nice girl and this was out of character.
No jail but 6 months probation.
Where I live she would do time in jail.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...g-helmets.html

Contrast this with a group who broke into a home and I think the home owners stabbed the hooded burglar and he died later in hospital. Who knows he, the burglar, may have been a nice guy. I think they arrested the three home occupants. There is more to this story I think.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-stabbing.html

Finally look at these photos of Cardiff and especially the last five pictures showing the young people drunk on the streets. I've heard about that happening.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...Caribbean.html
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

my health is more important than any job.........
Agreed!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

ANGIE1956 has a brilliant futureANGIE1956 has a brilliant futureANGIE1956 has a brilliant futureANGIE1956 has a brilliant futureANGIE1956 has a brilliant futureANGIE1956 has a brilliant futureANGIE1956 has a brilliant futureANGIE1956 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jasper123
Angie where do you live NOW and where are you going back to in UK? Oh yes and welcome to the post ---
I have lived in Tampa, Fl for the last 23 years. I will be living in Durham.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Beedubya.......sorry about the blood pressure a nasty thing glad you are taking it easy. Hope you feel better soon.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

This in the Telegraph....she threw things at the police, escaped from handcuffs and then spat at the police.
The defense said she was such a nice girl and this was out of character.
No jail but 6 months probation.
Where I live she would do time in jail.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...g-helmets.html

Contrast this with a group who broke into a home and I think the home owners stabbed the hooded burglar and he died later in hospital. Who knows he, the burglar, may have been a nice guy. I think they arrested the three home occupants. There is more to this story I think.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-stabbing.html

Finally look at these photos of Cardiff and especially the last five pictures showing the young people drunk on the streets. I've heard about that happening.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...Caribbean.html
Yes Cheers the 2nd story, three or four burglars broke into a mans house, the homeowner stabbed one of them to death and the police arrested him for murder this was just a few days after cameron just said that from now on the occupents of there home will no longer be arrested or pursued by the police when they are forced to take aggressive action to protect there home from burglary. or themselves from harm.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

I am just too ill to go to work, and the HR lady has told me to take the week off, she was there when this stupid thing happened and knows the score........as was the head honcho European manager.......

I have been in hospital for 2 days, had numerous tests including a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) not nice at all, still very stiff and sore and still got headaches and high blood pressure, believe me I don't feel good about taking time off, but my health is more important than any job.........when I went to Belgium I was fit and healthy but after doing that stupid team building exercise my blood pressure went through the roof and here I am, not so healthy after all..............
Barb you sound awful ---- please look after yourself, do whatever the Docs tell you to do, get well soon, we love ya
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ANGIE1956
I have lived in Tampa, Fl for the last 23 years. I will be living in Durham.
Never been to Durham but I did live right next door to Tampa in the early
1990's ----- St Petersburg, I would have loved to have stayed there but it was very hard to secure fulltime employment, so I had to go back to Reno to my old life, --- not my old wife and later on to Las Vegas in 1996 stayed there
till 2010 December when I came home to U.K. to retire,
Old Jun 24th 2011, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jasper123
Never been to Durham but I did live right next door to Tampa in the early
1990's ----- St Petersburg, I would have loved to have stayed there but it was very hard to secure fulltime employment, so I had to go back to Reno to my old life, --- not my old wife and later on to Las Vegas in 1996 stayed there
till 2010 December when I came home to U.K. to retire,
I thought of you today. I got back into the car after being in the doctors for about 2 hours and I looked at the temp and it was 104. Your kind of weather, not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.