British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

Mummy in the foothills Apr 30th 2011 12:12 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by Derrygal (Post 9334074)
Actually I believe that hymn is sung at a lot of weddings. I know it was sung at my wedding - but then I was married in a Methodist church! I thought the service was really lovely.

I'm pretty sure that was sung at my sisters too, she was married C of E, big church do, I loved it.

Beedubya Apr 30th 2011 1:09 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 9334034)
No I think his name is Bekcham or something like that --- hes a famous UK soccer player, loads of money, did you notice his wife with that really super weird hat with that 2 foot pin or something going through it, and OH what a snob :thumbdown: her husband was smiling at everyone and she looked as though she was the freaking cats whiskers, if she held her nose up in the air anymore she would have a stiff neck for a week,

And the American reporters dont like to use that word commoner when referring to Kate, instead they said this ---- Kate is an elegant young woman of NON NOBLE BLOOD, ---- I really like that :)

Oh Rodney you are getting your non Royals mixed up LOL. Victoria Beckham is married to our David the very famous soccer player, whilst Zara Phillips is engaged to Mike Tindall the very famous rugby player..........

Beedubya Apr 30th 2011 1:10 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9334036)
Also, if she's a commoner with her money and background, what does that make the rest of us? :eek:

Scum LOL!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sallysimmons Apr 30th 2011 2:29 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9334127)
Scum LOL!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Grim northern scum! :lol:

I used to be a big fan of a band called The Beautiful South, who were actually from Hull. They used to sell t-shirts that read "Northern Scum." I still have one somewhere - better dig it out!

Mummy in the foothills Apr 30th 2011 3:09 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9334127)
Scum LOL!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:


Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9334183)
Grim northern scum! :lol:

I used to be a big fan of a band called The Beautiful South, who were actually from Hull. They used to sell t-shirts that read "Northern Scum." I still have one somewhere - better dig it out!

Oh god lord if you are northern scum what are the non English amoung us (Meaning the Welsh and the Scottish) :lol:

Derrygal Apr 30th 2011 3:37 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9334213)
Oh god lord if you are northern scum what are the non English amoung us (Meaning the Welsh and the Scottish) :lol:

And what about the Northern Irish scum like me??? Of course, the Irish did get a look-in today when Prince William wore the uniform of the Irish Guards. :)

bandrui Apr 30th 2011 4:39 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by Derrygal (Post 9334230)
And what about the Northern Irish scum like me??? Of course, the Irish did get a look-in today when Prince William wore the uniform of the Irish Guards. :)

... and he received 3 titles Duke of Cambridge (England), Earl Strathearn (Scotland) and Baron Cerrickfergus (N. Ireland). He's already Wales.

... and the lace on Catherine's dress was made up of the national flowers of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

between two worlds Apr 30th 2011 8:02 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by bandrui (Post 9334063)
The last 4 digit s of my phone number are 1065. I always say "the year before the Battle of Hastings" but most people don't have a clue when that was. :huh::rofl:

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 24 hours. What a fantastic day it has been. The wedding was glorious and I, like many of you, am so proud to be British. Noone can do pomp and circumstance like the Brits. I found it all very moving and heartwarming. The positive atmosphere and the joining together of people of many ages from all backgrounds was a remarkable thing.
I found it interesting that they chose a Charles Wesley (leader of the Methodist movement) hymn: Love Divine All Loves Excelling. mind you he did write 6000 hymns!
I am certainly, like my family before and after me, a Monarchist.

Yes, Charles Wesley's hymns are often sung by Anglicans--of course he intended to remain an Anglican, did not want to start a new denomination...if you go to church regularly in an Anglican church or Episcopal one in USA you find yourself singing his hymns often...but I know a different tune to Love Divine than the one they sung, and much prefer it...
however, it was still lovely, and so was Jerusalem...all the music was great.

tina

jasper123 Apr 30th 2011 10:01 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9334125)
Oh Rodney you are getting your non Royals mixed up LOL. Victoria Beckham is married to our David the very famous soccer player, whilst Zara Phillips is engaged to Mike Tindall the very famous rugby player..........

Thats right Barb --- Victoria Beckham was the woman with the funny hat that couldn't smile to save her life --- Mrs Personality of the year I would say :eek:

dunroving Apr 30th 2011 10:09 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 9334464)
Thats right Barb --- Victoria Beckham was the woman with the funny hat that couldn't smile to save her life --- Mrs Personality of the year I would say :eek:

Apparently she has a wicked sense of humour and an ability to take the p*ss out of herself (I got this from a review of her TV programme when she moved to LA). It's a shame she looks like such a sourpuss when she is in public.

I missed the whole Spice Girls thing (it was back when we didn't have internet and cable TV and easy access to UK news), so I find it funny when I see old video of her cavorting on stage with the Spice Girls, and in interviews - she was a lot more animated back then.

Beedubya Apr 30th 2011 12:14 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 9334464)
Thats right Barb --- Victoria Beckham was the woman with the funny hat that couldn't smile to save her life --- Mrs Personality of the year I would say :eek:

Sorry but I disagree, like Dunroving I have seen her in interviews and she is quite funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqe6wGF58cM

Maybe she was having a bad day what with being 6 months pregnant.

Edited to add: I just checked it out on Google and she doesn't like her face or her teeth when she smiles!!! :unsure:

sallysimmons Apr 30th 2011 1:06 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9334580)
Sorry but I disagree, like Dunroving I have seen her in interviews and she is quite funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqe6wGF58cM

That's how she was when I saw her on American Idol - funny and sweet.

How can she not like how she looks when she smiles? She's so pretty!

Beedubya Apr 30th 2011 1:11 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9334619)
That's how she was when I saw her on American Idol - funny and sweet.

How can she not like how she looks when she smiles? She's so pretty!

Maybe she has body dysmorphia LOL!!

I just read elsewhere that they had an argument on the way to the church. :ohmy:

dunroving Apr 30th 2011 1:31 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9334628)
Maybe she has body dysmorphia LOL!!

I just read elsewhere that they had an argument on the way to the church. :ohmy:

Probably about who was the best-looking and most famous.

Mummy in the foothills Apr 30th 2011 4:13 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by Derrygal (Post 9334230)
And what about the Northern Irish scum like me??? Of course, the Irish did get a look-in today when Prince William wore the uniform of the Irish Guards. :)

Dh noticed that, it had clovers on the collar. Very nice it looked too


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:45 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.