British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

trottytrue Apr 29th 2011 6:10 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Beedybya....As of tomorrow I am on a diet.:eek: My daughter bought the book that Catherine and her Mother went on to lose weight but she said it was not a diet you could stick to.:frown:

I think 90% of the guests look stunning whether they were skinny or plump they just looked good. The hats were wonderful apart from a couple. It will be interesting to see how the press reacts to it all. I hope they leave the newly weds alone to get on with life for a few years.

I think Diana would be watching down on them and smiling. I think she did a great job with them and I think Prince Charles stepped up to the plate after she died and did a good job. They are two well rounded young men.

Princess Anne's daughter is getting married in a couple of months. Her young man could do with a nose job. How many times has he had it broken. Still love is blind.:)

sallysimmons Apr 29th 2011 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by trottytrue (Post 9333741)
Princess Anne's daughter is getting married in a couple of months. Her young man could do with a nose job. How many times has he had it broken. Still love is blind.:)

Oh was that the guy they kept showing with the shaved head? He looked like he'd gatecrashed from some council estate in Oldham :lol:

Beedubya Apr 29th 2011 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by trottytrue (Post 9333741)
Beedybya....As of tomorrow I am on a diet.:eek: My daughter bought the book that Catherine and her Mother went on to lose weight but she said it was not a diet you could stick to.:frown:

I think 90% of the guests look stunning whether they were skinny or plump they just looked good. The hats were wonderful apart from a couple. It will be interesting to see how the press reacts to it all. I hope they leave the newly weds alone to get on with life for a few years.

I think Diana would be watching down on them and smiling. I think she did a great job with them and I think Prince Charles stepped up to the plate after she died and did a good job. They are two well rounded young men.

Agreed TT, and I did remark to my mum that there were no obese people there as is often said about the great British public. :ohmy: I haven't heard of this diet book but I bet they don't pop into Greggs for a pastie LOL!!

I think Camilla has been good for the boys too because at least she made their dad happy, and I have to admit to being terribly against her at the beginning but I like many others have kind of warmed to her.

Yes Zara is getting married, but they did say today that her fiancee will not be getting his nose fixed until after he has finished playing rugby, well it would be a waste of money LOL!!:lol:

Now I am watching a programme about how to nab a prince, so funny they have got a TV presenter on dressing her in the Kate way, cost about £8000 for her casual clothes, now she is having elocution/right word lessons ha ha, she is a Northener!!

You do not say dessert, you say pudding, you do not say mirror, you say looking glass, you do not say couch, you say sofa, you do not say toilet, you say lavatory and so on..................too funny!! :rofl:

Beedubya Apr 29th 2011 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9333752)
Oh was that the guy they kept showing with the shaved head? He looked like he'd gatecrashed from some council estate in Oldham :lol:

He is a famous rugby player LOL!! :D

Derrygal Apr 29th 2011 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9333716)
I agree about some of the hats but heck there were some stunners there, can't wait for the fashion disection now.

And although Posh Spice didn't smile she did look utterly beautiful, loved her hat but not the beige one of the princess, can't remember her name but one of Fergie's two.

And weren't Kate's mum and sister sooooo slender and good looking?
I think Kate and Wills will make beautiful children together unless there is some throwback LOL!!;)

Kate's mum is a lovely looking woman - not sure how old she is - mid 50s maybe? I loved her outfit - very classy!!

Beedubya Apr 29th 2011 6:27 pm

Re the "correct" way of saying things, it seems that you use words in the old way, not in the new way.................remember this if you want to nab Prince Harry. :lol:

Beedubya Apr 29th 2011 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Derrygal (Post 9333762)
Kate's mum is a lovely looking woman - not sure how old she is - mid 50s maybe? I loved her outfit - very classy!!

She looked gorgeous and a very classy outfit. I remarked to my mum that Kate didn't seem to have any grand-parents like Wills, did anybody see any?

dunroving Apr 29th 2011 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Derrygal (Post 9333705)
I think she spells her name Catherine with a C, but calls herself Kate with a K. Yes - you're right about William and Harry - Diana did a great job - they are fine young men - she would be proud of them. I must admit, I shed a few tears, thinking of Diana today!

You are right, catherine with a "C" - looks like it's me that will get sent to the tower. :blink:

As for Mike Tindall (Zara's fiance), he reminded me of my students - every time the camera was on him, he was yakking or looking around instead of paying attention or singing a hymn like everyone else.

Bloody commoners. :rolleyes:

dunroving Apr 29th 2011 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 9333686)
I think polygamy is illegal in the UK, even for the Royals. Now incest is a different thing - cousins, nephews, nieces, they've married them all (which I think explains why some of them are a bit crazy - maybe that explains the silly hats).

... and it's Katherine, with a K. Mind you don't get sent to the Tower.

But yes, the whole day was really quite touching and heartening. I think Princess Di can take a lot of credit for this generation of Royals being quite normal and likeable. The ending with the little sports car said it all - nothing pretentious or stuck-up about William, Harry, or Kate. :thumbup:

Uh-oh, spoke too soon:

"The couple are also possibly twelfth cousins once removed, ..." :eek:

I'm sure they will have lovely babies.

anishq Apr 29th 2011 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by bandrui (Post 9325991)
That's very interesting Bee. Hopefully the Archbishop of Canterbury will have his beard and hair trimmed before the ceremony. What a mess! :lol:

Stephen Harper (PM of Canada) was invited but declined because we are in the midst of a General Election (May 2). Hopefully he'll be gone.

Re. first para. ...What about his eyebrows - almost as long as his beard.

cheers Apr 29th 2011 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9333752)

I love it:lol:

cheers Apr 29th 2011 7:38 pm

My DW was watching this program on TV while I dozed off and it could explain why Kates relatives were not there.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/meet-the-middletons

cheers Apr 29th 2011 7:55 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...leans-act.html

Kates uncle and younger brother.

Mummy in the foothills Apr 29th 2011 8:10 pm

The British Monarchy (facebook page) have already put the days photos on flikr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishmonarchy
The wedding cake looks amazing.

Englishman43 Apr 29th 2011 8:20 pm

Lovely Jubbly wasn't it ?

Was Harry there with his South African chick ( shes rather a hottie ) ?

Where are they jaunting off to for the honeymoon ?