Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Apr 28th 2011, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by windsong
Gosh, I have been here 30+ years and I don't know what SWMBO is

I am going to TRY to get up at 4 am to watch it live online. I know I can watch it after the fact but it's just not the same

I've been looking for hints about Kate's dress - what it will look like - but I can't find a darned thing!

Cheers, are you staying up all night?
She who must be obeyed (in other words - the wife)!!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
She who must be obeyed (in other words - the wife)!!
Ha ha ha!!! I love it!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to TRY to get up at 4 am to watch it live online. I know I can watch it after the fact but it's just not the same

I've been looking for hints about Kate's dress - what it will look like - but I can't find a darned thing!Cheers, are you staying up all night?
I guess it's top secret!! I don't think anyone even knows who the designer is.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I was searching around on Google about the dress and no one knows a thing, it seems. Usually they let out a few hints but I can find nothing this time.

I love royal weddings. I watched Diana's and Sarah's but there's something special about this one. Not only will William be king one day, but I actually think this marriage might last! That's special!!!

I also think William and Kate are more "normal" than past Royals. They have known each other for a long time, are best friends, and they appear to have behaved like normal young people when they were growing up.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I've been looking for hints about Kate's dress - what it will look like - but I can't find a darned thing!

She who must be obeyed — one's wife or female partner.

Yes we will stay up.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 6:48 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

That's because it is TOP SECRET!!!!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 6:50 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
What are you doing for the wedding?

I just got an order from SWMBO that it would be nice to have cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate to sustain us during the night. Off to the store I go.

My mum is coming over to my sisters place and we are packing up the kitchen dishes for her (she has LOTS) while we watch the Royal Wedding.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bandrui
I was talking of the sun in summer. It was in response to a post about high heat somewhere. (here it is: #1530).
Here on the West Coast of Canada, we have similar temperatures to the UK and if the sun is beating in through the window it can get quite hot. I have noticed a few properties on Rightmove that have ceiling fans so I suppose someone else thinks it's an issue too.
Hi, You are correct about ceiling fans - we had one too - but they are normally purely to dissipate cooking smells - such as fish or garlic type foods., although a portable cooling fan is useful for fresh air. Regards don
Old Apr 28th 2011, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

I was searching around on Google about the dress and no one knows a thing, it seems. Usually they let out a few hints but I can find nothing this time.

I love royal weddings. I watched Diana's and Sarah's but there's something special about this one. Not only will William be king one day, but I actually think this marriage might last! That's special!!!

I also think William and Kate are more "normal" than past Royals. They have known each other for a long time, are best friends, and they appear to have behaved like normal young people when they were growing up.
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works Windsong- but following a TV discussion - If Charles becomes King, and is a 'long liver' like his Mother - Wills may never make it! It is not cast in Stone! - Just Sayin' Don
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Well it certainly was not me Lol
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Thats all true --- but while the Royal couple have been courting they have broke up twice already
But I also hope that this Marriage works ---- one thing for sure Kate cant have any second thoughts in this wedding ---- like a normal couple could, ---- not with a third of the WORLDS population watching, --- thats 2 BILLION people, Ohhhh I would get a little nervous to say the least if I were William.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

No Cheers - that's too American!! You should have British food - how about tea and scones????
Or a nice pint of black & tan and some marmite sarnies ---- or choc spread on bread,
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Amen, not to mention lots of snobs* and a lack of community spirit.

* Not saying all southerners are snobs obviously, but there's a sizable element. Whenever I read the comment sections of articles about the north in national newspapers, I realize that the south is filled with people who have ever been north of Watford and who are convinced that all of the north (plus Scotland and Wales) looks like Coronation Street, only more grim. I swear they think we stagger around half-starved, holding out our cloth caps in the hopes of a penny or two, which we will of course immediately spend on beer, fags and lottery tickets (if a violent hoodie doesn't steal it first. )
Hmmmm well Im a southerner and Im not a SNOB ---- Ill talk to anyone, and I havent been north of watford either ---- dont even know where that is ---- but I have been around the World ----- does that count
Hey Sally thats a nice funny post --- I like it !!!!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hmmmm well Im a southerner and Im not a SNOB ---- Ill talk to anyone, and I havent been north of watford either ---- dont even know where that is ---- but I have been around the World ----- does that count
Hey Sally thats a nice funny post --- I like it !!!!
Well, Rod, The invite is there - What more can I say? Regards Don
Old Apr 28th 2011, 2:58 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Some of you will enjoy this - your own Daily Mail headline generator

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

My favorites so far:

ARE HOODIES INFECTING THE COUNTRYSIDE WITH AIDS?

HAS THE LABOUR PARTY MADE TAXPAYERS IMPOTENT?

COULD THE E.U. TURN HOMEOWNERS GAY?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.