Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:06 am
mrs sully

Mrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really nice
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Mrs Sully
I know those of us going through 24 straight days over 100F think you are crazy! Seriously, Belfast has been described as a grey city with grey people.....most likely due lack of sunhine. Having done (just like Barb) the zigzagging several times.....when I was much more financially stable.....I almost like the fact I will have to stay and learn to love it. I am stubborn, spoilt and now for the first time in my life I will have to be responsible for me. A doctor's wife and then a lawyer's wife and now there will only be me and no one's wife. I think at 67 it will force me to grow up......still pretty scary....
I was 'home' in Lisburn last year and took a trip into Belfast. It was cold and wet but the warmth of the people made up for it. There is still nothing like an ulster fry. OH played golf at Balmoral and loved it.[/QUOTE]
Sorry CS my reply seems to have included your comments. Mine is the last sentence. Just when I thought i was getting better with technology!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

I was 'home' in Lisburn last year and took a trip into Belfast. It was cold and wet but the warmth of the people made up for it. There is still nothing like an ulster fry. OH played golf at Balmoral and loved it.
Sorry CS my reply seems to have included your comments. Mine is the last sentence. Just when I thought i was getting better with technology![/QUOTE]
not your fault...there is for sure something weird going on on this list. You are so right....it is hard not to love the Irish spirit!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
I know those of us going through 24 straight days over 100F think you are crazy! Seriously, Belfast has been described as a grey city with grey people.....most likely due lack of sunhine. Having done (just like Barb) the zigzagging several times.....when I was much more financially stable.....I almost like the fact I will have to stay and learn to love it. I am stubborn, spoilt and now for the first time in my life I will have to be responsible for me. A doctor's wife and then a lawyer's wife and now there will only be me and no one's wife. I think at 67 it will force me to grow up......still pretty scary....
I was 'home' in Lisburn last year and took a trip into Belfast. It was cold and wet but the warmth of the people made up for it. There is still nothing like an ulster fry. OH played golf at Balmoral and loved it.
I know Balmoral well, have friends members, and you are right about the people, just want 2 months a year with a "little" sun, seems a long year as we couldnt get a break to europe for some sun, but we will be able to next summer, and then I won't be whinging

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 23rd 2011 at 2:08 pm. Reason: trying to correctly attribute the quotes
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 11:18 am
mrs sully

Mrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really nice

I'm sorry dear friends but I've just found out that someone has been logging on to BE to check my comments. As you can imagine I feel very upset so for now I will just be reading until I can take time to change my details. I suppose this is just a sign of the times - and a sign we need to be cautious about our privacy. Thank you once again for all your kind words. I will be in touch.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry dear friends but I've just found out that someone has been logging on to BE to check my comments. As you can imagine I feel very upset so for now I will just be reading until I can take time to change my details. I suppose this is just a sign of the times - and a sign we need to be cautious about our privacy. Thank you once again for all your kind words. I will be in touch.
Oh dear, same thing happened to me, I changed my name but still 'got found"
Aw big hugs.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Oh dear, same thing happened to me, I changed my name but still 'got found"
Aw big hugs.
Why would anyone want to check up on someone here?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well for me it was my husband.. it was not easy to talk to him about how I felt and so my friends here are my support system.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry to hear that, its not nice at all, good luck and we look forward to hearing from you soon
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dgjamison
I am so sorry to hear that, its not nice at all, good luck and we look forward to hearing from you soon
Although my husband and I have no secrets...and he knows I belong to this expats list.... he has no problem with that. He would NEVER think of checking.... We may have a troubled marriage but he has accepted the fact I am leaving.....sadly our issues are not at all about love.....if they were......they would be solvable.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 2:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry CS my reply seems to have included your comments. Mine is the last sentence. Just when I thought i was getting better with technology!
Originally Posted by Celticspirit
not your fault...there is for sure something weird going on on this list. You are so right....it is hard not to love the Irish spirit!!!
The quotes got scrambled several days back, I've spent the last hour trying to sort some of them out. It happens when someone deleted one of the [ marks when doing a reply. If no-one notices and corrects it then the mistake just gets carried forward.

Useful post about it here if anyone is interested
Old Jul 29th 2011, 5:39 am

anishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really nice

Same happened to me. For moment I am a 'reader' only.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear that Mrs Sully, will miss you, see you later though when you come back as a brand new person
Old Jul 30th 2011, 7:12 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to all the ladies who have to switch ID's to protect their identities, just come back when you can...........

Take care xxx
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,
The weather is going to be nice and sunny and warm for the next few days so today ------ Im off to the beach to get a few rays, IM going to hop on a bus and use my free bus pass, and Im taking a packed lunch and staying there all day
Old Aug 1st 2011, 12:09 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hello everyone,
The weather is going to be nice and sunny and warm for the next few days so today ------ Im off to the beach to get a few rays, IM going to hop on a bus and use my free bus pass, and Im taking a packed lunch and staying there all day

Alright for some eh??

I am at work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.