Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Apr 29th 2011, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Englishman43

Was Harry there with his South African chick ( shes rather a hottie ) ?
Her name is Davey and she was there! Her photo is on Daily Mail on Line.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Her name is Davey and she was there! Her photo is on Daily Mail on Line.
Actually I thought she looked rather a mess (unless I've mixed her up with someone else). Was she the one with her hair pulled back with a scrunchie (rubber band)? At least that's what it looked like to me.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Beedubya.... No I didnt see any Grandparents but it was mentioned that there is a good for nothing Uncle that was invited. You would have thought that if there had been any close relatives invited they would have been seated at the top of the church close to the wedding party.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Derrygirl...Thats correct. I could not think of the name for the device that held back her hair but it was as you said a scrunchie. She looked as if she had thrown something on. I think I heard them say she was at the party held later and she was with Harry. Could have been wrong by then I was half asleep.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Uh-oh, spoke too soon:

"The couple are also possibly twelfth cousins once removed, ..."

I'm sure they will have lovely babies.
Well apparently half of the British people are related in some way to the Royal Family so....
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Actually I thought she looked rather a mess (unless I've mixed her up with someone else). Was she the one with her hair pulled back with a scrunchie (rubber band)? At least that's what it looked like to me.
You're right she did look a bit dodgey
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
He is a famous rugby player LOL!!
No I think his name is Bekcham or something like that --- hes a famous UK soccer player, loads of money, did you notice his wife with that really super weird hat with that 2 foot pin or something going through it, and OH what a snob her husband was smiling at everyone and she looked as though she was the freaking cats whiskers, if she held her nose up in the air anymore she would have a stiff neck for a week,

And the American reporters dont like to use that word commoner when referring to Kate, instead they said this ---- Kate is an elegant young woman of NON NOBLE BLOOD, ---- I really like that
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:33 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123

And the American reporters dont like to use that word commoner when referring to Kate, instead they said this ---- Kate is an elegant young woman of NON NOBLE BLOOD, ---- I really like that
Also, if she's a commoner with her money and background, what does that make the rest of us?
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

---- Kate is an elegant young woman of NON NOBLE BLOOD, ---- I really like that
Lets wait awhile before we start a thread for "None Noble Bloods"
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishman43
Lovely Jubbly wasn't it ?

Was Harry there with his South African chick ( shes rather a hottie ) ?

Where are they jaunting off to for the honeymoon ?

Wales
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

This is Victoria Beckham.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...arp-black.html
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Oh wow that was just so moving!! I am so very proud to be British today, can't say as I am a Royalist as such, but I just love the pomp and ceremony and the history. Every monarch bar two have been crowned in Westminster Abbey since 1066 (according to the commentary). Astounding!!
Barb I agree it was a wonderful day, would not have missed it for the world,
I also love all the pomp and tradition, you should have seen my Mum she just couldn't get enough
Barb 1066 THAT was the battle of hastings ----- I remember my history
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:46 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I also love all the pomp and tradition, you should have seen my Mum she just couldn't get enough
Yes, the Abbey was built by William the Conqueror.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

The last 4 digit s of my phone number are 1065. I always say "the year before the Battle of Hastings" but most people don't have a clue when that was.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 24 hours. What a fantastic day it has been. The wedding was glorious and I, like many of you, am so proud to be British. Noone can do pomp and circumstance like the Brits. I found it all very moving and heartwarming. The positive atmosphere and the joining together of people of many ages from all backgrounds was a remarkable thing.
I found it interesting that they chose a Charles Wesley (leader of the Methodist movement) hymn: Love Divine All Loves Excelling. mind you he did write 6000 hymns!
I am certainly, like my family before and after me, a Monarchist.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
The last 4 digit s of my phone number are 1065. I always say "the year before the Battle of Hastings" but most people don't have a clue when that was.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 24 hours. What a fantastic day it has been. The wedding was glorious and I, like many of you, am so proud to be British. Noone can do pomp and circumstance like the Brits. I found it all very moving and heartwarming. The positive atmosphere and the joining together of people of many ages from all backgrounds was a remarkable thing.
I found it interesting that they chose a Charles Wesley (leader of the Methodist movement) hymn: Love Divine All Loves Excelling. mind you he did write 6000 hymns!I am certainly, like my family before and after me, a Monarchist.
Actually I believe that hymn is sung at a lot of weddings. I know it was sung at my wedding - but then I was married in a Methodist church! I thought the service was really lovely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.