Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Beedubya
The weather here is absolulty superb at the moment.

Had to get my cardy off and my shades on!!!
Oh shut up!

You like to make grown men cry.

I'm listening to Smooth Radio as I write.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:58 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off-topic posts from over 50's/60's thread

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Mummy.....I ripped the cover off the sponge and threw it away. When I go to the shops this weekend I will look for the name of it. Will save you alot of work.
Thank you
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:00 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
Pressure-washer. That's what you need. They work great for all sorts of things.
I have one of those never thought of trying it on the windows, although Dh just painted the whole outside last summer so I'd worry I'd wash off some of the lovely new paint.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:01 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
I think this is called Magic Sponge, it is white in colour and has a heavy, strange feel with a smooth(ish) texture. can also get kids crayon marks off the wall (so can a piece of rolled up white bread!).
It can't be that, I have those and if I tried to use them over the window screens it's fall apart and leave white bits everywhere. I love those white magic erasers, I have a 6 year old and she has sticky fingers no matter how many times she washes her hands
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:03 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
Here's something to feast your eyes on (from the Daily Telegraph expat section)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/exp...f-Britain.html
You are very bad, now I'm hungry and nothing will satisfy.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:04 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I love how they just come like clockwork too and get started. I remember as a teenager, I would sleep in late and there were quite a few times I'd forget to shut the curtains and wake up to see the window cleaner right in front of me
I used to know he'd been while I was a work as he'd pop all the windows upstairs closed, so I'd walk into a stuffy house.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
You are very bad, now I'm hungry and nothing will satisfy.
Sorry about that! Anyway isn't this ON TOPIC - a great motivator for going "back" is the good ole full English breakfast and real back bacon and tasty meaty sausages. I admit it's not really healthy eating.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Apr 20th 2011 at 3:15 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Mummy in the foothills.....You are correct its not either one of those. They would fall apart if you tried to clean a screen with them. This one I have is yellow and very heavy. I did try cleaning the screen with the high power washer but you have to be careful not to get too close or have it on high power or it can rip a hole in your screen Wonder who did that.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Easterndawn.....Are you going to pop back onto our regular thread. My head is getting dizzy decided which thread I should post in.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Its certainly not something you see over there like here in the UK. My Mom has a guy that comes every month and charges her 4 pounds to clean all of her windows. I couldnt believe how cheap it was..
Jackie
Hi Jackie,
My Mum has a guy comes every month to clean all the windows and he charges £5 ----- I think its quite normal here to have your windows cleaned on a regular basis, the same guy has been coming around for over 20 years my Mum says, I remember once I had my windows cleaned in Vegas just before my Mum came on one of her visits, it cost me $40 ----- so that was just a one off for me me dear
Hope your doing fine over here still, iisn'tit hot over here now, about 24c and every day loads of sunshine and blue skies.
Rodney.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Windsong, I do not have to twist or read things into what you have wrote it is there in black and white. Think what you will, my only probllem is when people put down other countries where people were either born or have family who are citizens of that country, which you have done constantly through out many of your posts.

I have never complained to any of the moderators, I say what I have to in the thread. I have no intention of making this a slaggin match, I just think that putting down someones country of birth is not the way to go on the original thread as it does not do anyone any good or help them make the move back to the UK.
Ed VERY WELL SAID INDEED,
Old Apr 20th 2011, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ED...couldnt agree with you more. I get upset but dont complain to moderators but can see how it could frustrate some folks.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mummy in the foothills.....This is what the sponge looks like. I think you can also get it at Amazon. I am sure if you ask in Lowes or Home Depot they will have them I think thats where I got mine from.

http://www.parish-supply.com/dry_cleaning_sponge.htm
Old Apr 20th 2011, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chriswinter
I thought this was the "off-topic" posts thread???
I have no idea how this forum could get more confusing, last night I decided I was done with the old original thread, it seems there is nothing or very little I could contribute, infact to be totally honest Im not sure what the so called "posting rules" are for that thread, so maybe I could post or maybe not, I try to stay within the rules and try to keep people happy...

I made the decision to stay on the NEW off topic thread, and not any visit others including this chit chat thread, so then I sign on and can't find that thread, its gone....

Oh Boy.....

Please moderators, Im not mad at you and dont need the explaination, I can see you have a difficult thankless job of sorting out this mess, the logic speaks for itself... but its just geting too much for me... I'm not sure its worth all the aggravation...

And yes I know I moaned about all the different threads, this constant changing does my head in.

Last edited by Fish n Chips 56; Apr 20th 2011 at 5:31 pm. Reason: frustrated
Old Apr 20th 2011, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Windsong, I do not have to twist or read things into what you have wrote it is there in black and white. Think what you will, my only probllem is when people put down other countries where people were either born or have family who are citizens of that country, which you have done constantly through out many of your posts.

I have never complained to any of the moderators, I say what I have to in the thread. I have no intention of making this a slaggin match, I just think that putting down someones country of birth is not the way to go on the original thread as it does not do anyone any good or help them make the move back to the UK.

I think you need to realize that we wouldn't be going back to the UK - which is what this forum is about - if we were happy in the USA. We are all entitled to make comments. If someone takes offense at them and refuses to see that others have opinions which might be different from theirs, it's too bad.

If you don't like it, put me on ignore. You have a choice - as does everyone else.

Full stop, period, end of story - from my end.

Last edited by windsong; Apr 20th 2011 at 5:35 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.