Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Mar 31st 2011, 4:17 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by cheers
Eggs are down to $.99 a dozen here. No comment of how the chickens are kept.
Linda check your email please.
Wow thats cheap, the store brand are usually over $2 a doz here, and the cage free happy chicken eggs I get are $3.45 a doz.
It took me the longest time to remember to buy eggs after our last couple of chickens died, I was running a geriatric chicken ranch and the old girls still managed to lay an egg most days
Old Mar 31st 2011, 10:38 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by aviva
This is a couple of doors down from where I'll be house-sitting, always makes me drool when I walk the dogs:

http://chateauemanuel.com/unique-features/views

Wow that is one seriously fancy pad, mind you way too much cleaning involved, then again if I could afford to live somewhere like that I could afford a cleaner LOL!!
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Wow thats cheap, the store brand are usually over $2 a doz here, and the cage free happy chicken eggs I get are $3.45 a doz.
It took me the longest time to remember to buy eggs after our last couple of chickens died, I was running a geriatric chicken ranch and the old girls still managed to lay an egg most days
Yes milk is high in California too. It is about $1.99/gallon here at Costco but we do pay a 3% sales tax on food here.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 5:07 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Yes milk is high in California too. It is about $1.99/gallon here at Costco but we do pay a 3% sales tax on food here.
We are paying $3.89 a gal, still cheaper with tax for you. I hate that it's so expensive here.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Here in the midwest where I am, milk is "on sale" at $1.99. It's normally $2.49-$2.99.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

We are paying $3.89 a gal, still cheaper with tax for you. I hate that it's so expensive here.
Ouch, Mummy! Where are you? That's a horrendous price to pay.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by windsong
Ouch, Mummy! Where are you? That's a horrendous price to pay.
Got to get gas tomorrow - cheapest around here today $4.01
Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:54 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Same here. I went to safeway and got my 3¢ a gal discount it didn't help much
Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

chriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of light

$3.99 a gallon here...around $2.59 gal milk...bought jumbo eggs on sale a few weeks back $.99 a doz.!!!
Chicago sales tax on food..believe this...is 9.75%!
Old Mar 31st 2011, 8:28 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chriswinter
$3.99 a gallon here...around $2.59 gal milk...bought jumbo eggs on sale a few weeks back $.99 a doz.!!!
Chicago sales tax on food..believe this...is 9.75%!
So, if we could find a way to make cars run on milk, we'd be just fine.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 9:07 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
So, if we could find a way to make cars run on milk, we'd be just fine.
Better for you than drinking it
Old Mar 31st 2011, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

$3.559 per gallon at Costco.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

$3.559 per gallon at Costco.
I live 5 mins walking to Costco, but not one that has gas I'd have to drive 7 miles in the other direction to get $3.97 at next Costco. Saw on the gas price map:
http://www.losangelesgasprices.com/m...sid=857&tl=All
that I can get that price on the way to my housesit tomorrow
Old Mar 31st 2011, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

I live 5 mins walking to Costco, but not one that has gas I'd have to drive 7 miles in the other direction to get $3.97 at next Costco. Saw on the gas price map:
http://www.losangelesgasprices.com/m...sid=857&tl=All
that I can get that price on the way to my housesit tomorrow
We go down in your direction four times a year since my DW cardiologist is in Encino. We have been staying at a hotel in Simi Valley overnight but we like staying at the Holiday Inn in downtown Burbank because we like the town. If its good enough for Debbie Reynolds and her daughter its good enough for us.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

We go down in your direction four times a year since my DW cardiologist is in Encino. We have been staying at a hotel in Simi Valley overnight but we like staying at the Holiday Inn in downtown Burbank because we like the town. If its good enough for Debbie Reynolds and her daughter its good enough for us.
Burbank is a nice town. There's lots to do, nice walking town. I was there this morning, that's where the gas Costco I was talking about is located. Forgot about the gas when I was there.
The train station comes right into downtown Burbank so you can hop on it and get around the city a bit from there (since the traffic is God awful).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.