Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Mar 30th 2011, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by cheers
Gosh, Cheers, that's one of the best real-time cams I've ever seen. Very little time lag there.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by windsong
Gosh, Cheers, that's one of the best real-time cams I've ever seen. Very little time lag there.
My all time favorite is the Abbey Road, London live webcam. It was raining there when I looked a few hours ago.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/visit/
Old Mar 30th 2011, 3:36 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like a really nice day today People wandering on the beach and enjoying the weather.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

chriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of light

My all time favorite is the Abbey Road, London live webcam. It was raining there when I looked a few hours ago.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/visit/
Cheers....Thanks bunches for the links to these Live Cams!!!

I had to chuckle right now, watching 4 young people, who evidently couldn't make up their minds on which way they wanted to go. Crossed back and forth twice. If they only knew someone in Chicago was watching them crossing back and forth across the street. These particular live cams, are really good...moving in real time. Thanks again, Cheers!

Last edited by chriswinter; Mar 30th 2011 at 4:09 pm. Reason: add
Old Mar 30th 2011, 4:39 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chriswinter
Cheers....Thanks bunches for the links to these Live Cams!!!

I had to chuckle right now, watching 4 young people, who evidently couldn't make up their minds on which way they wanted to go. Crossed back and forth twice.
They may have been Beatles fans. People come from all over the world to cross that zebra crossing. Weird but true.

Edited to add: Just after I posted that I went to look and saw a guy take off his shows, run onto the zebra crossing and then pose for a picture walking barefoot. He was being Paul Mccartney!

Last edited by sallysimmons; Mar 30th 2011 at 4:41 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

This is a couple of doors down from where I'll be house-sitting, always makes me drool when I walk the dogs:

http://chateauemanuel.com/unique-features/views

Old Mar 31st 2011, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I always liked the idea of keeping chickens, but I've now realized that I couldn't take it when they got ill! If I saw one of them being carried away by a fox, I think I'd be traumatized. It's funny because I grew up in a farming village and my early boyfriends were all farmers. I used to think I wanted to be one too but I couldn't have been less suited! I think hormones were curdling my brain

Have fun aviva!
Here the ravens get them if they are out and about so you have to time their walkabouts after the ravens have had their breakfast . Their pens have to be up off the ground too because the racoons will bury under the fence. I was really mad about this son of a lady who I used to garden for. They have farmed here for the last 50 years and after the lady died, the son let the ravens get all the chickens .
Old Mar 31st 2011, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva
This is a couple of doors down from where I'll be house-sitting, always makes me drool when I walk the dogs:

That is absolutely beautiful! Having said that, I would not want to live there. Stately homes and mansions have never appealed to me as crazy as that might sound.

I just want a comfortable home, nature, and my pets. To me, that's paradise.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bandrui
Here the ravens get them if they are out and about so you have to time their walkabouts after the ravens have had their breakfast . Their pens have to be up off the ground too because the racoons will bury under the fence. I was really mad about this son of a lady who I used to garden for. They have farmed here for the last 50 years and after the lady died, the son let the ravens get all the chickens .
That son should have been hung, drawn and quartered!!
Old Mar 31st 2011, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

That son should have been hung, drawn and quartered!!
Unconscious sort! Fortunately these ladies are well protected and valued for their contribution. The owners had a duck who was in love with one of the chickens, but drove it crazy, so they re-homed it to a duck sanctuary. So sweet! I miss the quack quack tho.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Unconscious sort! Fortunately these ladies are well protected and valued for their contribution. The owners had a duck who was in love with one of the chickens, but drove it crazy, so they re-homed it to a duck sanctuary. So sweet! I miss the quack quack tho.
That is such a cute story!!

I love the ducks and chickens, too.

One of the things that really makes me smile when watching the British property shows on the iplayers (such as Escape to the Country) is that many people have chickens and even other animals outside. I love it!
Old Mar 31st 2011, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

No kidding !
Old Mar 31st 2011, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

That poor duck is probably love-sick
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

That is such a cute story!!

I love the ducks and chickens, too.

One of the things that really makes me smile when watching the British property shows on the iplayers (such as Escape to the Country) is that many people have chickens and even other animals outside. I love it!
They are passing new bylaws in Vancouver so that people can have chickens in their yard. They already can in Victoria. A return to the old ways.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
They are passing new bylaws in Vancouver so that people can have chickens in their yard. They already can in Victoria. A return to the old ways.
Eggs are down to $.99 a dozen here. No comment of how the chickens are kept.
Linda check your email please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.