Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Mar 28th 2011, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

chriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Can I please "dither" here awhile?!? I'm a "dithering" kind of gal!
Old Mar 28th 2011, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by chriswinter
This is the first post:

"So here it is - go for it, if you dare!
This is supposedly for the people who got banished from:
OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK
to:
US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread
but we wanted to talk about other rubbish too.

Saaaaaaave me from this time wasting multi-thread craziness and come here to talk about absolutely anything."

Have at it! Hope I didn't sound like a complete crazy over on 50/60. No apologies, I meant it.

You can really talk about anything here.....Elvis has left the building and there are no cameras or microphones

Last edited by aviva; Mar 28th 2011 at 9:47 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 9:46 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chriswinter
What have you done now then? I'm off to read and see why you are hiding over here.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the failing thread?
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yezm. You gotta laugh at the egos though.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva

Yezm. You gotta laugh at the egos though.
It's just like this charity group I go to, one of the women shouted across the room to another during a meeting, "More of my fruit salad has gone than your veggies and dips!!"
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Sad when one's feeling of self-worth come from the outside.
Living in LA, I think we're experts about egos. Everywhere, egos in clothes struggling for recognition and validation. Still there is a lot of money in it.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:26 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently so.
I guess we are the poor relations, we can dither over here and talk about things that are rubbish to our hearts contents.
Heres my rubbish for the day. We got only a partial refund from the IRS They want more "information" from me and are sending me a letter. I haven't even told Dh, he's really quite sick right now, we have no idea whats wrong with him. Me being a nurse unemployed and living in the boonies(a little knowledge is a dangerous thing) thinks that it could be one of a few things.
Thyroid
Mono
Lyme disease.
I'm probably as far off from right as I could be, we see the doc tomorrow.
If he doesn't get better and get working he will loose his job, our sole income and health ins for the family. We have about 6 month of living expenses so long as there are no medical bills. I'm in panic mode. So fingers crossed for me please that Dh has something that can be settled quickly. He's so weak and lethargic, he's getting depressed, he's usually hyperactive always has been, and he's lost 30lb in the last 6month while trying not too.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Apparently so.
I guess we are the poor relations, we can dither over here and talk about things that are rubbish to our hearts contents.
Heres my rubbish for the day. We got only a partial refund from the IRS They want more "information" from me and are sending me a letter. I haven't even told Dh, he's really quite sick right now, we have no idea whats wrong with him. Me being a nurse unemployed and living in the boonies(a little knowledge is a dangerous thing) thinks that it could be one of a few things.
Thyroid
Mono
Lyme disease.
If he doesn't get better and get working he will loose his job, our sole income and health ins for the family. We have about 6 month of living expenses so long as there are no medical bills. I'm in panic mode. So fingers crossed for me please that Dh has something that can be settled quickly. He's so weak and lethargic, he's getting depressed, he's usually hyperactive always has been, and he's lost 30lb in the last 6month while trying not too.
I'm sorry to hear about your DH. Tomorrow you should know something, so that's good. What kind of nurse are you, RN LVN? Are you unemployed by choice or the boonie thing?
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Apparently so.
Thyroid
Mono
Lyme disease.
Gosh,I am so sorry to hear this ~you must be so worried .
I hope he gets well very soon
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:37 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Mummy, I'm so sorry to hear that your DH is sick and will keep everything crossed that you get an answer soon.

It's just like this charity group I go to, one of the women shouted across the room to another during a meeting, "More of my fruit salad has gone than your veggies and dips!!"
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh my goodness Mummy, so sorry to hear about your DH and for good news tomorrow.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:54 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Yes I can't wait for tomorrow he's a horrible patient. I told the nurse (a friend of mine) the doc can shoot him and put him out of his misery like a sick horse.
I'm LVN not unemployed by choice I was a home visit nurse for about 10 or more years here, the company I worked for closed, went to another, they are so slow they can't take me back on yet! (been home since Dd was a baby and she's 6 ) But now gas is $4 a gal I can't afford to do all the driving, I used to do about 70 or more miles a day and at 33ยข a mile and only seeing probably 4 or 5 patients in that time It's cut into the wages quite a bit. just in gas. I'd need $25-30 in gas a day for work.
My mom said go and apply at the drug store and work the check out, I may just look into that.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Someone complained and got my posts on 50/60 removed Too much close to home

Last edited by aviva; Mar 28th 2011 at 11:41 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by aviva
Someone complained and got all my posts on 50/60 removed
I only dropped into that thread because I saw the house and I'm always interested and looking at houses on Rightmove, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

But then, nobody does.

Last edited by Sally Redux; Mar 28th 2011 at 11:25 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.