Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Mar 4th 2011, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

I'm thinking of Frome too!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:13 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Don't forget...it's Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) tomorrow!

I like them best with some sugar and a generous squeeze of lemon juice, and have the pancakes thin and crispy.

http://projectbritain.com/shrove.html
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:15 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Don't forget...it's Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) tomorrow!

I like them best with some sugar and a generous squeeze of lemon juice, and have the pancakes thin and crispy.

must get lemons I have to take Dd to the doc in a bit, thanks for the reminder.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva
I'm thinking of Frome too!
And I am pretty sure I will end up in Frome or somewhere else close by
Old Mar 9th 2011, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
And I am pretty sure I will end up in Frome or somewhere else close by
There's a good chance that I may be there too. We must have a get-together. Perhaps an ex-pat group?
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

So here I am busy packing away when in my storage area of the basement I find my piggy/banks/jars full of pennies - over 17 different containers - all shapes and sizes and all full of pennies that I have filled over the past 20+ years on and off So I go to Amazon and buy a load of the pre-formed tubes and spend the past several days filling them. And today I finished with $159.50 - all in pennies. I have already loaded half of those into a wheelie and taken them to the bank - I plan on taking the rest tomorrow or Friday. The pre-formed tubes cost me $25 so my "profit" is $134.5 but still that was money I had just lying around and every little helps nowadays .
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:13 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Lorac05
So here I am busy packing away when in my storage area of the basement I find my piggy/banks/jars full of pennies - over 17 different containers - all shapes and sizes and all full of pennies that I have filled over the past 20+ years on and off So I go to Amazon and buy a load of the pre-formed tubes and spend the past several days filling them. And today I finished with $159.50 - all in pennies. I have already loaded half of those into a wheelie and taken them to the bank - I plan on taking the rest tomorrow or Friday. The pre-formed tubes cost me $25 so my "profit" is $134.5 but still that was money I had just lying around and every little helps nowadays .
Oh gosh - you could have gone to any branch of a TD Bank (even if you don't have an account with them. They have these coin counting machines where you just pour your coins into a chute (it rejects foreign coins) and saves you the bother of putting them into those weird paper rolls. I once collected over $400 by taking coins in

Well done though! Have you sold the rest of your furniture?

When are you flying back to the UK?
Old Mar 10th 2011, 3:01 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Oh gosh - you could have gone to any branch of a TD Bank (even if you don't have an account with them. They have these coin counting machines where you just pour your coins into a chute (it rejects foreign coins) and saves you the bother of putting them into those weird paper rolls. I once collected over $400 by taking coins in

Well done though! Have you sold the rest of your furniture?

When are you flying back to the UK?
Our nank has the machine thing now too, they used to take the penny rolls, but now you poor the money in and it gives you a coupon, you can deposit it or get cash, not in pennies.
I hope all your penny rolling wasn't for nothing Englishmum.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 3:11 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

They have those machines in our grocery stores too. They're great.

Lorac congrats on finding the money. How's the packing going?
Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorac05
Way to go Lora! Divine intervention just like the other day when a framed picture stood on the floor against the wall looked a little wonky; I straightened it and 3 x $20 bills fell out.
Your pennies reminded me of the time I was driving onto one of the toll bridges across the Hudson in New York and I only had pennies to pay the toll and the man refused to accept them. I told him that was all the change I had. People behind me were yelling, swearing and honking their horn in true New York style. In the end he had to take them and was muttering away as I drove off. Hilarious
Old Mar 10th 2011, 3:00 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Our nank has the machine thing now too, they used to take the penny rolls, but now you poor the money in and it gives you a coupon, you can deposit it or get cash, not in pennies.
I hope all your penny rolling wasn't for nothing Englishmum.
Holy moley I knew I had the start of a migraine writing that, but I was talking about the Bank not nank and you pour the money not poor Soory about that.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
They have those machines in our grocery stores too. They're great.

Lorac congrats on finding the money. How's the packing going?

Packing is going slowly - I swear my stuff is breeding when I have my back turned . Of course it doesn't help I have come down with a really bad cold - sniffling , coughing and sneezing as I pack - the germs will be breeding on their way across the Atlantic
Old Mar 10th 2011, 5:13 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I totally sympathize about the stuff breeding. I feel sure I only bought a few boxes worth of junk and yet now I seem to have mountains of the stuff and no amount of clearing out seems to make a dent!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
As a matter of fact I do. I have it delivered every two weeks. It comes in frozen patties. My dogs eat it once a day and and organic dry food also. They love raw food, but there is the extra work involved making sure everything cleaned up and bacteria free afterwards.
Hey Celtic, I might just give this vegan diet a go next time I have a dog:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/03/10...ex.html?hpt=C2
Old Mar 12th 2011, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva
Hey Celtic, I might just give this vegan diet a go next time I have a dog:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/03/10...ex.html?hpt=C2
Very interesting article. My dogs love veggies especially broccoli and carrots.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.