Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jan 2nd 2017, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

A Happy New Year to you all on Over 40s.

Hey Maltesers fans, I want you to know that I just found little bags in my local gas station on an upright floor display, and Yes from Great Britain, not Australia like the boxes I found in Walmart before Christmas... the ones from Oz were good enough, but the ones from GB are the real deal. Yummm
Old Jan 7th 2017, 5:07 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit late checking in, but Happy New year to all my online friends.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I'm a bit late checking in, but Happy New year to all my online friends.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh Pauline, Same to you dear... we hope its a nice one for you...
Old Jan 8th 2017, 2:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Belated Happy New Year 2017 to all on this thread.

Hope it is a healthy ad happy one for all of us.

best regards
BEVS
Old Jan 8th 2017, 6:34 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you are well too Bevs and Fish have a great year.
I'm on the hunt for new job, I don't see myself long term in the one I have. Fingers crossed I have a couple of leads.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on the hunt for new job, I don't see myself long term in the one I have.
You should do OK especially now that you now know the language:
btw
There is 12 foot of snow on Donner this week!
There is also so much rain lately that the reservoirs are almost filled up.
I hope your mom is doing OK! Is she still living in the same place?
Cheers
Old Jan 14th 2017, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Many of you know Louise (Finger Rolls and Folding Chairs). She has posted recently and she is doing well in Yorkshire. Some times she has depressed spells.
She has no regrets of moving back to the UK and loves it here and all it has to offer. She has been back 5 years this April.

Cheers

Last edited by cheers; Jan 14th 2017 at 11:08 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 2:39 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by cheers
You should do OK especially now that you now know the language:
btw
There is 12 foot of snow on Donner this week!
There is also so much rain lately that the reservoirs are almost filled up.
I hope your mom is doing OK! Is she still living in the same place?
Cheers
LOL Yes I figured out the language.
Just accepted a new job today, so it's 5 mins further away but the pay is better, so can't be bad. Working my notice when I get back of my annual leave this week.

Mums still in the same place, busy running about the country and staying in nice hotels with her friend. I swear she got younger not older over the last few years.
My friend post lots of pictures for me to see on facebook, including snow, her Daughter works up in the snow near one of the ski resorts, they appear to have had some adverse weather with heavy rains lower down the hill.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
Many of you know Louise (Finger Rolls and Folding Chairs). She has posted recently and she is doing well in Yorkshire. Some times she has depressed spells.
She has no regrets of moving back to the UK and loves it here and all it has to offer. She has been back 5 years this April.

Cheers
Sorry to hear of her depression, many people in this world suffer with it, I have myself over the years, I find reflection and being greatful for what I have is my way of dealing with it, although sometimes its a very difficult corner to get out of.

I would never uses drugs although it may work for some, I always feel they create problems as well as solve them, its mind over matter for me.

Tomorrow I will have been here 41 years, its not exactly what Id got planned for my life, I was hoping Id be back in the UK before Obama left office, He's the best President we've had in my opinion.

Last edited by Fish n Chips 56; Jan 19th 2017 at 3:15 pm. Reason: additional info
Old Jan 19th 2017, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL Yes I figured out the language.
Just accepted a new job today, so it's 5 mins further away but the pay is better, so can't be bad. Working my notice when I get back of my annual leave this week.

Mums still in the same place, busy running about the country and staying in nice hotels with her friend. I swear she got younger not older over the last few years.
My friend post lots of pictures for me to see on facebook, including snow, her Daughter works up in the snow near one of the ski resorts, they appear to have had some adverse weather with heavy rains lower down the hill.
Its good to hear that you are back on track Pauline, Good for you!...
Old Jan 19th 2017, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56

Tomorrow I will have been here 41 years, its not exactly what Id got planned for my life, I was hoping Id be back in the UK before Obama left office, He's the best President we've had in my opinion.
Fish, I agree with you. There has been no family finer to run the country. It is an unfortunate date to "celebrate" your 41st anniversary. We also hoped to be gone before now, but at least our application is finally in. It is a waiting game for us now. I will continue to wish for a speedy return for you.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perth
Fish, I agree with you. There has been no family finer to run the country. It is an unfortunate date to "celebrate" your 41st anniversary. We also hoped to be gone before now, but at least our application is finally in. It is a waiting game for us now. I will continue to wish for a speedy return for you.
Tomorrow will be a very sad day for America - I'm seriously thinking of wearing black to work...................
Old Jan 20th 2017, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Tomorrow will be a very sad day for America - I'm seriously thinking of wearing black to work...................
Derry you should, Huhhh what about just an armband, more to the point.

To be serious I'm quite worried as I dont think he is a person I can trust, I see him as major supporter of the 1%, while the 99% suffer even more, only time will tell.

Last edited by Fish n Chips 56; Jan 20th 2017 at 3:10 am.
Old Jan 20th 2017, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Perth
Thanks for your comments, No Finer Family and no scandals.

Yes its hardly a day to celebrate, I cried the day Obama was elected, I was so thrilled, Tomorrow they wont be tears of joy that's for sure.

I hope all runs smooth for you down the road...
Old Jan 21st 2017, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your comments, No Finer Family and no scandals.

Yes its hardly a day to celebrate, I cried the day Obama was elected, I was so thrilled, Tomorrow they wont be tears of joy that's for sure.

I hope all runs smooth for you down the road...
Thank you Fish. I'm all cried out. There's an Obama Foundation if you still want to keep up with the former first family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.