Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Mar 11th 2016, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by aries
As for the EU, many European politicians are nasty about the UK having an exit referendum, and say we would not be able to manage without them.

I'm inclined to believe they might be worried about losing our money!
Sounds a bit like what was said before the Scottish vote.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
So the referendum is in June.
Will the US decide if the UK can leave the EU?
(troublemaker here)
Cheers
Hi cheers,
just heard that Obama is coming to the U.K. sometime in the next two months ------ jetting in on Air Force One to try and talk all the British people into voting to stay in Europe ---- and of course Cameron is very pleased about that!!! but Boris is as mad as can be, he is fuming!!! and today has told Obama very plainly to mind his own business,
My belief is that the main reason that the U.S. wants desperately for the U.K. to remain in Europe is that they have always regarded Britain as there little lap dog in Europe!!!!
Old Mar 14th 2016, 11:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hi cheers,
just heard that Obama is coming to the U.K. sometime in the next two months ------ jetting in on Air Force One to try and talk all the British people into voting to stay in Europe ---- and of course Cameron is very pleased about that!!! but Boris is as mad as can be, he is fuming!!! and today has told Obama very plainly to mind his own business,
My belief is that the main reason that the U.S. wants desperately for the U.K. to remain in Europe is that they have always regarded Britain as there little lap dog in Europe!!!!
Good for Boris.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Good for Boris.
+1
Somehow I doubt that the US would take too kindly to Canada or Mexico wanting to call the shots as part of their their agreement so I think it's a bit rich of him to be telling us what to do.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your post Rodney!

I have some thoughts not related to anything written on here.

My son has British citizenship through me and he applied for a British passport and he read that in order to get it he had to denounce his American citizenship. No way would he give up his US citizenship.
I think he missread something. What do you think? He said it was a waste of $190 that the application cost him.

I was hoping to come to the UK next month for two weeks but when I considered the cost when I got there for accommodation ect. I decided against it. What do you lot think?

We will be going on a cruise in October to Bermuda for our 50th so that will have to do.

Cheers
Old Mar 17th 2016, 9:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My son has British citizenship through me and he applied for a British passport and he read that in order to get it he had to denounce his American citizenship. No way would he give up his US citizenship.
I think he missread something. What do you think? He said it was a waste of $190 that the application cost him.

I was hoping to come to the UK next month for two weeks but when I considered the cost when I got there for accommodation ect. I decided against it. What do you lot think?

We will be going on a cruise in October to Bermuda for our 50th so that will have to do.

Cheers
He is a US and British citizen...there is nothing to give up. I have both passports.

Enjoy Bermuda...it's lovely.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 3:45 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

He is a US and British citizen...there is nothing to give up. I have both passports.

Enjoy Bermuda...it's lovely.
...and my elder son has three; UK, Canadian and US, the passports obtained in that order while the citizenships were US & UK at birth, Canadian somewhat later.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 3:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
...and my elder son has three; UK, Canadian and US, the passports obtained in that order but all three citizenships simultaneously.
My granddaughter has the same. We call her an ABC baby...American, British and Canadian.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 3:52 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

My granddaughter has the same. We call her an ABC baby...American, British and Canadian.
Isn't she still a bit young to be learning the alphabet?
Old Mar 17th 2016, 5:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Isn't she still a bit young to be learning the alphabet?
Old Mar 17th 2016, 11:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Wherever your son read it eithher it was a site with wrong information or he misread something.
Why was it a waste of $190? If he had paid the money and sent the required documents they would have sent him a passport. Didn't we discuss this on here a while back?
Old Mar 18th 2016, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Wherever your son read it eithher it was a site with wrong information or he misread something.
Why was it a waste of $190? If he had paid the money and sent the required documents they would have sent him a passport. Didn't we discuss this on here a while back?
Yes pollyana I remember discussing this exact same thing with cheers quite sometime ago, its like deja vu
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by jasper123
Yes pollyana I remember discussing this exact same thing with cheers quite sometime ago, its like deja vu
Sorry about that

Cheers
Old Mar 25th 2016, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

The UK Government just sent me an email with the response posted to the petition to allow overseas UK citizens to vote, scrapping the 15 year time limit. I am pleased to see that they are "committed to scrapping the time limit on voting from overseas". Please sign the petition, if you haven't already. Every signature helps.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...l_response=yes
Old Mar 25th 2016, 2:14 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

...and my elder son has three; UK, Canadian and US, the passports obtained in that order while the citizenships were US & UK at birth, Canadian somewhat later.
The Little Lion is British, US, and Mexican.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.