Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Aug 31st 2015, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by S.& J.V.
Thank you so much for your kind & helpful response....One of the reasons I didn't post my personal details immediately is because I usually take things gently & ease into that sort of things as & when questions arise rather than dive into depths unknown.
I will however do as you suggest when I have the time & "energy" (As I said, I have left off Twitter because it just consumed time= replying to replies & thanking so many people for taking an interest in my stuff.....My work & sleep time were suffering )
Its a helluva job trying to fit new things into an already chocka life & yet the carrots are dangled...... & so it goes on!!
I joined this site in the hope of a more relaxed way of communicating but I realise that whatever I do it takes time
Goodbye for now & thank you again.
Hello S,
You say you work hard, and not much time for other things, oh yes I remember how that felt in my life before I joined the ranks of the retired folk, I'm 70 now,
When I was in my 30,s when I was living in Reno Nevada I had two 8 hour Jobs for a few years, 16 hour days, and I can remember how exhausted I used to get ---- until I just had to get rid of one of my Jobs and keep the other!!!! that was much better, less money but that was when I learned that money ain't everything, but your health (is) everything!!!

anyway take care of yourself, and whatever you are going through right now I can promise you that you are on the right site and the right thread for support, a lot of people on here have been to hell and back --- and some still are!!! and we understand and care about what other people are going through,

All we need you to do now is just open up and tell us about yourself, talk to us as though your talking to your friends, you will find that lots of people will listen, and you will get a lot of replies!!!!
talk about anything at all that,s on your mind, and in your heart!!!! and remember we are just like you.

Last edited by jasper123; Aug 31st 2015 at 10:01 am.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,
It has been some months since I posted. We have been back in UK 5 yrs and a bit.

I been looking in here a bit lately since a couple of people have contacted me to ask advice -which I am happy to provide.
So what to update you all about ? Things are routine and uneventful for us. We are retired, have a simple routine of chores, pleasures and holidays here and abroad.

All rosey?, some, some not. Better than USA,? A matter of personal likes and dislikes.
Will always have fond memories of our 18yrs in North Carolina USA and are very glad we did it.

Glad we came back? Have to think about that, hmmmm, no, not glad cos I was happy enough over there, but now after a tough period of readjustment I am happy enough here.

Now we are on a new page.
John

Last edited by J.JsOH; Aug 31st 2015 at 12:47 pm. Reason: Clarity
Old Aug 31st 2015, 4:01 pm
ForeverRoamin.

S.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hello S,
You say you work hard, and not much time for other things, oh yes I remember how that felt in my life before I joined the ranks of the retired folk, I'm 70 now,
When I was in my 30,s when I was living in Reno Nevada I had two 8 hour Jobs for a few years, 16 hour days, and I can remember how exhausted I used to get ---- until I just had to get rid of one of my Jobs and keep the other!!!! that was much better, less money but that was when I learned that money ain't everything, but your health (is) everything!!!

anyway take care of yourself, and whatever you are going through right now I can promise you that you are on the right site and the right thread for support, a lot of people on here have been to hell and back --- and some still are!!! and we understand and care about what other people are going through,

All we need you to do now is just open up and tell us about yourself, talk to us as though your talking to your friends, you will find that lots of people will listen, and you will get a lot of replies!!!!
talk about anything at all that,s on your mind, and in your heart!!!! and remember we are just like you.

What a wonderfully sweet & caring note /post...I thank you so much...
& you'r absolutely right about health, without it life is not good.
I guess we Brits are not first to come forward when it is "baring all" time, I'm certainly not used to starting off a project by telling all about myself right at the beginning ...
As for having more time = I work for myself & so I have to give it my all when the work comes along ( I am an artist) & when it doesn't I have to catch up on the self sufficiency side of life...which I think I will be drawing to a close at the end of the year, I am sensible enough to know my limitations AND we are trying to sell this house, ready to move back to UK =Seems like it will be a long drawn out job.
I will come back to you next week when my husband(he is the S !) has returned to work (in UK)....he isn't here for very long each month & we have such a lot to cram into his stay that I will have even less time to spare!!!
Thank you again & Bye bye for now....JV..

Last edited by S.& J.V.; Aug 31st 2015 at 4:03 pm. Reason: Yet another spelling error.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J.JsOH
Hello everyone,
It has been some months since I posted. We have been back in UK 5 yrs and a bit.

I been looking in here a bit lately since a couple of people have contacted me to ask advice -which I am happy to provide.
So what to update you all about ? Things are routine and uneventful for us. We are retired, have a simple routine of chores, pleasures and holidays here and abroad.

All rosey?, some, some not. Better than USA,? A matter of personal likes and dislikes.
Will always have fond memories of our 18yrs in North Carolina USA and are very glad we did it.

Glad we came back? Have to think about that, hmmmm, no, not glad cos I was happy enough over there, but now after a tough period of readjustment I am happy enough here.

Now we are on a new page.
John
Hi John. Nice to see you back here. (I am one who is being helped by John as we prepare to return to the UK. And a very generous man with his time he is too - so thank you for that). Despite perhaps some misgivings remaining, I can see much improvement in the way you view your life now in the UK. I imagine it was very tough going at times, but it looks as if you have finally emerged victorious. All the best to you and June.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S.& J.V.

What a wonderfully sweet & caring note /post...I thank you so much...
& you'r absolutely right about health, without it life is not good.
I guess we Brits are not first to come forward when it is "baring all" time, I'm certainly not used to starting off a project by telling all about myself right at the beginning ...
As for having more time = I work for myself & so I have to give it my all when the work comes along ( I am an artist) & when it doesn't I have to catch up on the self sufficiency side of life...which I think I will be drawing to a close at the end of the year, I am sensible enough to know my limitations AND we are trying to sell this house, ready to move back to UK =Seems like it will be a long drawn out job.
I will come back to you next week when my husband(he is the S !) has returned to work (in UK)....he isn't here for very long each month & we have such a lot to cram into his stay that I will have even less time to spare!!!
Thank you again & Bye bye for now....JV..
Thanks for your post, very nice!!! I have a question, how long have you and Hubby been living in France? ---- so your selling your house, that reminds me of when my Sister and her Husband decided to up and leave the UK and live in Spain, Oh about 20 years ago I suppose it was, well they sold there house in Plymouth, bought another house in Spain, and they shipped all there furniture over to Spain, they also decided to live in a part of the country where not too much English was spoken, and certainly no English people around, they both did find life there very difficult, couldn't seem to make any friends, anyway her husband got quite sick with a number of things, and so they decided to come back to England, they were both not at all happy in Spain, they only lived there for 3 years, and so they put there house up for sale over there, and it took a couple of years to sale it!!! in the meantime they lived in England renting a house, then when Spain house was sold, then they bought another house in Plymouth, both my Sister and Husband are now dead, both died of cancer, my Sister died just one month after her 69th birthday in 2011, just a few months after I came home to England from America.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone heard from Dunrovin after his accident and is he ok? He does not seem to have been on here for a long time.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

He is mentioned from time to time but it would be lovely to hear from him so we know he is OK.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 2:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering myself as D's not logged onto BE for over 3 months.

I do hope he's OK.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anyone know how easterndawn pegie is getting on? its been so long since we heard from her.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Anyone know how easterndawn pegie is getting on? its been so long since we heard from her.
Id love too know too, It would be nice if someone is in contact with her that could post or Pegie herself, she was very inspiring.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 7:10 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Hiya everyone. Greetings from lovely West Yorkshire Been a while since I posted and wrote a mini war and peace in the 'back home' section to catch everyone up on what's been happening in my life since the last time I posted. It's so great to be back home and hard to believe that April this year made it 2 years since I've been home. A few ups and downs along the way but nothing I couldn't handle and nothing that made me regret the decision to pack up and move back here. Thanks to some recommendations I've come to this 'thread' and hopefully will catch up with some old friends along the way. Take care one and all. xx
Old Sep 6th 2015, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Hiya everyone. Greetings from lovely West Yorkshire Been a while since I posted and wrote a mini war and peace in the 'back home' section to catch everyone up on what's been happening in my life since the last time I posted. It's so great to be back home and hard to believe that April this year made it 2 years since I've been home. A few ups and downs along the way but nothing I couldn't handle and nothing that made me regret the decision to pack up and move back here. Thanks to some recommendations I've come to this 'thread' and hopefully will catch up with some old friends along the way. Take care one and all. xx
Thanks for posting I'm so glad its all worked out for you, It gives me hope.

Yorkshire, I just love the place.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
It is really helpful to read your that you are happy with the decision you made and that overall it has been positive. I think all of us who aspire to go back wonder and hope that it will be the right decision.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

It was Labor Day in the US yesterday which is an indication that summer maybe is over. I don't believe that because the daily temperatures are still over 100 degrees.
We have been in Las Vegas for four days dog sitting at my daughters house. Nice to be home.
While in Las Vegas I was surfing the web and seeing the housing costs in the Scottish islands. Well I can dream?

I hope everyone is well?

Cheers
Old Sep 8th 2015, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
It was Labor Day in the US yesterday which is an indication that summer maybe is over. I don't believe that because the daily temperatures are still over 100 degrees.
We have been in Las Vegas for four days dog sitting at my daughters house. Nice to be home.
While in Las Vegas I was surfing the web and seeing the housing costs in the Scottish islands. Well I can dream?

I hope everyone is well?

Cheers
Cheers, are they expensive or cheap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.