Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Mar 2nd 2015, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

I was just talking to my son on Facebook and I see it is raining right now in Las Vegas but it is a wet rain

I'm around Sacramento for few days and the weather is really nice.

Cheers
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
I was just talking to my son on Facebook and I see it is raining right now in Las Vegas but it is a wet rain

I'm around Sacramento for few days and the weather is really nice.

Cheers
Yes cheers the wet rain is always the best
Do you know I dont miss Vegas one little bit ----- (leaving Las Vegas) was the best thing I ever did

the weather here in Pompey is very cold now but beautiful blue skies and brilliant sunshine,

Last edited by jasper123; Mar 2nd 2015 at 10:08 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Yes cheers the wet rain is always the best
Do you know I dont miss Vegas one little bit ----- (leaving Las Vegas) was the best thing I ever did

the weather here in Pompey is very cold now but beautiful blue skies and brilliant sunshine,
I'm glad you got out of here when you did. We plan on moving to Henderson so as to be close to our children who live there.
I have the bright idea that if I do that I can spend more time in England. Crazy huh?
Oh to be in England! Just to be able to walk around and breathe the air.
Cheers
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 5:59 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
And how is this easier than Google?

Bristol, you have my sympathies. I hope you can tunnel your way out of your house before you run out of food.
Google is a scourge. Thinking things out for yourself is better for your brain.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 10:12 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Bristol, you have my sympathies. I hope you can tunnel your way out of your house before you run out of food.
Originally Posted by jasper123
That goes for Me too Bristol, keep warm and safe this winter -----
We didn't have it quite as bad as that guy in the video. But it is often just too much to dig out. We have the drive plowed by a guy with a truck and blade. $25 for about 3 minutes work. Money for old rope for him but a heart attack saving for me. We just need to do the steps and sometimes a path to the street.

Weather forecasts when a dumping is coming are very reliable so we make sure we have stuff like milk. Snow clearing here is brilliant. We're near a school and a hospital so the street plowing is a priority. Once that's done we can walk to two very well stocked shops less than ten minutes away if need be.

I'd rather have the -30c temperatures than the snow but the moment it "warms up" to -20 the damn snow comes.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
I'm glad you got out of here when you did. We plan on moving to Henderson so as to be close to our children who live there.
I have the bright idea that if I do that I can spend more time in England. Crazy huh?
Oh to be in England! Just to be able to walk around and breathe the air.
Cheers
Hey cheers Im not sure how you moving to Henderson would make it possible for you to go back to England more often

But anyway Henderson is nice, my friend lived there, and I used to visit him and wife once every week, it was a 20 minute drive from where I was living on the outskirts of Vegas in the opposite direction at the lakes, about 20 miles!!!

Oh I get it!!!! penny just dropped in my world, if you move to Henderson then you will not be taking your regular visits to Henderson visiting your Kids so will leave more time and money for trips to England!!! yes I do believe I got it
Old Mar 4th 2015, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Google is a scourge. Thinking things out for yourself is better for your brain.
I exercise my brain with crossword puzzles and trivial pursuit! Math games - not so much
Old Mar 4th 2015, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

I exercise my brain with crossword puzzles and trivial pursuit! Math games - not so much
Have you seen Countdown? It tests your words and numbers ability, well worth watching on Channel 4. Countdown (game show) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Rachel Riley is an absolute whiz with numbers if contestants fail.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
Have you seen Countdown? It tests your words and numbers ability, well worth watching on Channel 4. Countdown (game show) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Rachel Riley is an absolute whiz with numbers if contestants fail.
Thanks aries, will take a look.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 11:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
My MILs favourite program. She's almost 89 and does better than almost all the contestants.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

GeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really niceGeordieinJersey is just really nice

I have just returned to the forum after a few years as we may finally be making plans to return to the UK. But what I wanted to ask is if anyone knows what happened to easterndawn or Peggy who posted on over 50s and 60s returning to uk board. She was an inspiration and I followed the ups and downs of her story with great interest.I have often thought of her and her wee dog and her husband waiting patiently in Canada. I know some of you on here will remember her .Is she OK did her husband ever get to Scotland? Thanks in advance
Old Mar 5th 2015, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeordieinJersey
I have just returned to the forum after a few years as we may finally be making plans to return to the UK. But what I wanted to ask is if anyone knows what happened to easterndawn or Peggy who posted on over 50s and 60s returning to uk board. She was an inspiration and I followed the ups and downs of her story with great interest.I have often thought of her and her wee dog and her husband waiting patiently in Canada. I know some of you on here will remember her .Is she OK did her husband ever get to Scotland? Thanks in advance
Sadly Peggy left the Forum and hasnt been back, I cant answer any of your questions and dont think other members can, Id love to be wrong and for someone to know how she is and how her life turned out, she was truly an inspiration for many of us.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GeordieinJersey
Well easterndawn/pegie (pegie being the scotish spelling) she was a real big inspiration for me in the days when I was still not really that sure if I wanted to come home for good, I was so unsure about a lot of things, but after reading all the things that life thru at Pegie and how well she struggled through each problem that came along with the upmost strength and determination, and Job after Job, I thought WOW here is a lady that everyone going home can really learn from, I remember one Job she had in a hotel as a manager I think, in Scotland and they laid her off and owed her a lot of money in wages and she did not get a penny, they ripped her off royally, and apparently with Scotish law they had little or no protection from this kind of swashbuckling behavior from employers,
Take care and good luck on your return to the U.K.
Rodney.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

cityboys1911 is on a distinguished road

ok this maybe the wrong thread but I have been looking at flights to fly back to the UK to get ready for moving back later in the year and I found some very cheap flights with Condor as anybody heard of them and if so was it Ok, any feedback would be helpful
Old Mar 6th 2015, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cityboys1911
ok this maybe the wrong thread but I have been looking at flights to fly back to the UK to get ready for moving back later in the year and I found some very cheap flights with Condor as anybody heard of them and if so was it Ok, any feedback would be helpful
Never heard of them they sound like a bar of chocolate, my advice would be to stay clear of any travel site/company/airline that you have never heard of
----------- PERIOD! I have traveled from Las Vegas to England for many years and I have always flown Virgin Atlantic, very comfortable flights and service, and a free flowing booze service ----- which is appreciated much by a very nervous flyer like myself ----- the food is good too! and the flights from Vegas are direct ----- no stops.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.