Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Dec 1st 2013, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by windsong
She probably will

I have definitely changed my perspective over the last 48 hours. It is no longer "trying to prop up the hole I am already in". It is now "trying to find a way out of that hole and into the UK once and for all".

That being said, though, I still need a job to make it happen.
Wow, big shift--exciting! Wonderful that you've been talking to your half-sister and she's not only offered hospitality but is being encouraging and helping you to stay positive!
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Sally mentioned a UK TV show. She described the show as watching people watch people. Anyone know the name of the TV show?

Cheers
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Don,
Google Yorkshire Airlines. It is a comedy!
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by between two worlds
Wow, big shift--exciting! Wonderful that you've been talking to your half-sister and she's not only offered hospitality but is being encouraging and helping you to stay positive!
She put me on another path - one I really needed to be on.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Sally mentioned a UK TV show. She described the show as watching people watch people. Anyone know the name of the TV show?

Cheers
Gogglebox - http://www.channel4.com/programmes/gogglebox
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 6:36 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
Yes, that's the one. You won't be able to watch those clips from America unless you use Expat Shield or one of those type of programs.

here's a clip you can see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxkIoCATjAA
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Yes, that's the one. You won't be able to watch those clips from America unless you use Expat Shield or one of those type of programs.

here's a clip you can see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxkIoCATjAA
A great find Sally, I recognise the voice of Dave from the Royale Family.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

So Sally do you like the new 4x4 and did you keep the Jazz car?
Cheers
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isn't it Curleytops who is moving back to the US or is it someone else?

I like the idea of getting a season pass on the airlines so as to get the best of both countries.

cheers
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the idea of getting a season pass on the airlines so as to get the best of both countries.

cheers
Its Charleygirl/Lestergirl, Curly is staying put...
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 4:25 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

So Sally do you like the new 4x4 and did you keep the Jazz car?
Cheers
Yes to both

The Jazz is our main car as it's more fuel-efficient. The 4x4 is just for winter and the occasional short trip to keep everything running smoothly as it's quite an old car.

Tried to drive it today and it was dead as a dodo. Called our lovely neighbour who was at work, but said he would come round with jumper leads after he finished. He just came round, got all set up to jump it and then pointed out that the battery was fine - I just hadn't put it in 'park' when I stopped, which meant the engine wouldn't start. How embarrassed am I on a scale of 1-10? About a 25
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Talking Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Yes to both

The Jazz is our main car as it's more fuel-efficient. The 4x4 is just for winter and the occasional short trip to keep everything running smoothly as it's quite an old car. The CRX could be used for the occasional large load. I could have used one last Saturday when we got our "natural Christmas tree". Instead we had to cram it into the trunk (boot) of our Chev Malibu. As much as would go in there.

Tried to drive it today and it was dead as a dodo. Called our lovely neighbour who was at work, but said he would come round with jumper leads after he finished. He just came round, got all set up to jump it and then pointed out that the battery was fine - I just hadn't put it in 'park' when I stopped, which meant the engine wouldn't start. How embarrassed am I on a scale of 1-10? About a 25

So now you should colour your hair blond

Last edited by cheers; Dec 2nd 2013 at 6:38 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Its Charleygirl/Lestergirl, Curly is staying put...
OK

So has anyone heard from Charleygirl??
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
Not a chance Cheers I'm staying put, Lestergirl (aka Charleygirl) is going back this week I believe.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by curleytops
Not a chance Cheers I'm staying put, Lestergirl (aka Charleygirl) is going back this week I believe.
So how far do you live from Sally?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.