Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jun 23rd 2013, 9:28 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Dunrovin,

I have been meaning to ask you a question. Do you know if Glasgow has a
Park n Ride facility similar to Edinburgh's? I have tried searching on the Internet, but the only locations I can find are close to the Underground stations. I was hoping there would something off the M8 on the east side where I could park and either take a train or a bus into the city centre.

Thank you.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

charleygirl, lovely to see you back on here again, very sorry to hear about your Mum,
Its wonderful that you have family so close by over here and that you see them often, I know its little consolation to how much you miss your kids across the Atlantic though, anyway I hope you keep posting for a while,
What happened to that little get together we were going to have in London with Barb, it kind of fizzled out didn't it, I havent heard from her for a long time, I hope shes alright,
Take care dear,
Rodney.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Lestergirl will become famous soon enoughLestergirl will become famous soon enough

Hi Rodney, yes it did fizzle out didnt it and I still havent been there since I got back 2 years ago, I get my bus pass next month and it will be much cheaper so maybe we should do it then.. Barb is fine, wasnt sure if she posted here or not anymore, but she is happy and I will ask her to pop in here and say hello!
Send me a PM with your phone number landline and mobile if you have one, I got a new phone and think I lost your number in the transfer.
I hope you are well.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lestergirl
Hi Rodney, yes it did fizzle out didnt it and I still havent been there since I got back 2 years ago, I get my bus pass next month and it will be much cheaper so maybe we should do it then.. Barb is fine, wasnt sure if she posted here or not anymore, but she is happy and I will ask her to pop in here and say hello!
Send me a PM with your phone number landline and mobile if you have one, I got a new phone and think I lost your number in the transfer.
I hope you are well.
Thanks Charley,
You will absolutely love your free bus pass, I do
pm on its way,
Rodney.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 7:17 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

This week I kept thinking about Rodney and how he cleaned out his garage in over 100 weather in Las Vegas.
I have decided I'm a big wimp, we did it in the 80's and I was wilting! nuff said.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know where to post this so I will try here in the hopes a mod sees it.

I am STILL getting that wretched malware message when I come here even though it is supposed to be gone. I run a Mac and never have to use any kind of virus software - never ever had one - until now.

Why am I still getting this malware message when it is supposed to be gone? I have cleared cookies and history, rebooted, shut down - all to no avail.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 1:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by windsong
I don't know where to post this so I will try here in the hopes a mod sees it.

I am STILL getting that wretched malware message when I come here even though it is supposed to be gone. I run a Mac and never have to use any kind of virus software - never ever had one - until now.

Why am I still getting this malware message when it is supposed to be gone? I have cleared cookies and history, rebooted, shut down - all to no avail.
..and here is a mod

Have a read of this thread about the problem in Site Feedback. ( click the link.)

As far as I understand , it will be a little while before Google re-indexes BE as being a safe site again following this weird malware attack thing. Internet Brands who own BE have submitted the information that all is fixed to Google & so the wait time is at that end. Apparently it should have been re-indexed ( as it seems to be called) after 24 hours but is taking a while longer. I'm still seeing the malware warnings too down here in New Zealand.
I suppose patience may be a virtue here.
You may choose to circumnavigate the warning sign or simply to wait it out.

Hope that helps a bit.
BEVS
Old Jun 26th 2013, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
..and here is a mod

Have a read of this thread about the problem in Site Feedback. ( click the link.)

As far as I understand , it will be a little while before Google re-indexes BE as being a safe site again following this weird malware attack thing. Internet Brands who own BE have submitted the information that all is fixed to Google & so the wait time is at that end. Apparently it should have been re-indexed ( as it seems to be called) after 24 hours but is taking a while longer. I'm still seeing the malware warnings too down here in New Zealand.
I suppose patience may be a virtue here.
You may choose to circumnavigate the warning sign or simply to wait it out.

Hope that helps a bit.
BEVS
Thanks, Bevs.

At least I know it is now just a matter of time and that the virus or whatever it was has gone.

Thanks again!
Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Lestergirl will become famous soon enoughLestergirl will become famous soon enough

I get the same message with Google so logged in using Internet explorer..that works.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

I got the Malware message a few days ago, so I logged off and tried again and it had cleared. It has not recurred.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Where has everyone gone? The Malware warning is still appearing but the BE administrators say it is no longer viable and we are fine to post on here, so I am posting!!
Old Jun 28th 2013, 1:17 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Where has everyone gone? The Malware warning is still appearing but the BE administrators say it is no longer viable and we are fine to post on here, so I am posting!!
Better safe than sorry probably. I've been hitting Ignore but it gets a bit annoying.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Better safe than sorry probably. I've been hitting Ignore but it gets a bit annoying.

Dancing round my handbag.....love it
Old Jun 28th 2013, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

I am here and have never seen this malware warning anyway.

(Am in safari on a mac.)
Old Jun 28th 2013, 3:05 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by between two worlds
I am here and have never seen this malware warning anyway.

(Am in safari on a mac.)
On safari in a mac? Aren't you hot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.