Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jun 12th 2013, 9:21 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by jasper123
Funny how we do remember certain things from our past forever, I remember my S.S. number, my one and only cats name, and hes been dead for 58 years, all my Jobs I had in Oz, and all the Jobs I had in Canada, and all the Jobs I had in the U.S. and my old first phone number I had in Nevada in 1977 and zip code, and address, ----- and I REMEMBER MY FIRST GIRL FRIEND ----- Sylvia Yates, I was 15, ----- and I do remember what I had for breakfast this morning ---- 2 weetabix, 1 shredded wheat, and half cup of whole wheat muesli all in same bowl, spoonful sugar and a handful of blueberries, covered in milk with a sliced banana on top!!!! Hmmmm lovely!!!
Mmm... That does sound good. I usually do a mix of cereals and fruit as well and this morning I had the thought that in a couple of weeks I'll be eating good old muesli.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how we remember things from way back in our past forever!!!!
Ive always known my S.S. number by heart of course,
my one and only cats name, and hes been dead for 58 years, all my Jobs I had in Oz, and all the Jobs I had in Canada, and all the Jobs I had in the U.S. and my old first phone number I had in Nevada in 1977 and zip code, and address, ----- and I REMEMBER MY FIRST GIRL FRIEND ----- Sylvia Yates, I was 15, ----- and I do remember what I had for breakfast this morning ---- 2 weetabix, 1 shredded wheat, and half cup of whole wheat muesli all in same bowl, spoonful sugar and a handful of blueberries, covered in milk with a sliced banana on top!!!! Hmmmm lovely!!!
With that much breakfast you don't need to eat again for a week.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes Downton Abbey starts next Sunday...16th. 8 episodes and I think there's another Christmas special.
Jerseygirl can you do me a favour ----- Ive gone back on my posts since Sept 10th 2012 and my post count has been stuck at 2,709 for all that time now, yet I have sent many posts in that time period, from then till now, and I notice all other members posts are calculated on a regular basis, could you do a post count update on me please?
THANKS!!!

Last edited by jasper123; Jun 12th 2013 at 9:47 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Mmm... That does sound good. I usually do a mix of cereals and fruit as well and this morning I had the thought that in a couple of weeks I'll be eating good old muesli.
Cardie Ive noticed here every store sell there own brand of muesli and Ive tried em all, but the one I stopped at ---- was the Morrisons own brand, they have several kinds, but the morrisons wholewheat muesli in my opinion is zeeeee best!!!!
Old Jun 12th 2013, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Its orible it is!

I waited until the magic hour to check in which is 24 hours before departure then I can't get through due to technical difficulties.
then 20 minutes on hold to 'tawk' to a representative then I see back on the web site that I have a seat assignment. No choices there. Then I go through the same thing for DW. "sorry due to technical difficulties we can't check you in" So another 20 minutes on hold and a rep said your DW is checked in. She is seated right behind me. Can't be changed????

Cheers
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Jasper 123...
2 weetabix, 1 shredded wheat, and half cup of whole wheat muesli all in same bowl, spoonful sugar and a handful of blueberries, covered in milk with a sliced banana on top!!!! Hmmmm lovely!!!

Good Heavens thats one big breakfast. Its a wonder you have a dish that will hold it.

Cheers....Wishing you the most wonderful holiday I hope you are taking an empty suitcase with you. Enjoy yourselves.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
Its orible it is!

Can't be changed????

Cheers
Update. The rep in the call centre in India was so much better. Problem solved, we get to sit together and DW gets to sit on an isle seat like she wanted.

3 hours of frustration.

What I learned about seating. Some seats don't recline? Some seats have equipment under them so you can't put your feet under the seat in front of you. That includes all the seats in the centre section.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Update. The rep in the call centre in India was so much better. Problem solved, we get to sit together and DW gets to sit on an isle seat like she wanted.

3 hours of frustration.

What I learned about seating. Some seats don't recline? Some seats have equipment under them so you can't put your feet under the seat in front of you. That includes all the seats in the centre section.
If you are at the rear of a section your seat won't recline cos there is no room for it to recline into.
Perfect (as far as I'm concerned) wish all seats were like that. I'm so tired of people in front of me dumping their seat back as far as possible in one go, regardless of the person behind them (me) who may well have a drink on their table. Every trip home I end up with at least one wine bottle going over

Seats which don't recline, and seats with equipment under them do vary from airline to airline and from plane to plane - not all centre seats have this issue
(rant over!)
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Jerseygirl can you do me a favour ----- Ive gone back on my posts since Sept 10th 2012 and my post count has been stuck at 2,709 for all that time now, yet I have sent many posts in that time period, from then till now, and I notice all other members posts are calculated on a regular basis, could you do a post count update on me please?
THANKS!!!
Your post count updates every time you post
If you go back to your first ever post (which at the time would've said 1, it'll now say 2,709.

My post count is currently 77,683 - on my reply above to Cheers. When I post this though it will become 77,684 - and that will appear on ALL my posts.
When I post again somewhere else all my posts will reflect the new count, 77,685.

When you reply to this message your post count will update to 2,710
Old Jun 13th 2013, 7:37 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Hell dunroving I had no idea that 8888 was even getting near ------ listen if you have not done so already rush out and buy £20 worth of lotto tickets £5 in thunderball tickets and 3 euromillions tickets £2 each ---- total £31
dont forget the number 8 is the chinese lucky number ---- and you have 4 of em
Thank goodness you remembered, good luck and good fortune and let me know how you got on!!!!
Rodney.
Well ... I checked my Lotto numbers this morning ... the first three lucky numbers were the same as the first three numbers in my first draw ... I thought "Wow, looking good" ... but that was it.

So I've won a tenner (Does it still count as winning when you get back less than you bet?)

Euromillions are on Friday.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Your post count updates every time you post
If you go back to your first ever post (which at the time would've said 1, it'll now say 2,709.

My post count is currently 77,683 - on my reply above to Cheers. When I post this though it will become 77,684 - and that will appear on ALL my posts.
When I post again somewhere else all my posts will reflect the new count, 77,685.

When you reply to this message your post count will update to 2,710
Pollyana, Thanks for looking into this for me, ---- now here we go ----- lets see if this post makes my count 2,710.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 11:19 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyana, Thanks for looking into this for me, ---- now here we go ----- lets see if this post makes my count 2,710.
It did..
Old Jun 13th 2013, 12:55 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just testing to see if I have figured out how to link my photos to this site

http://lf1bephotos.shutterfly.com/pictures/9
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lf1
Just testing to see if I have figured out how to link my photos to this site

http://lf1bephotos.shutterfly.com/pictures/9
Not for me. Nothing.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:03 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Not for me. Nothing.
Thanks. Back to the drawing board for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.