Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Our latest cunning plan (Peterborough)

Wikiposts

Our latest cunning plan (Peterborough)

Old Oct 9th 2007, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

USAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our latest cunning plan (Peterborough)

Originally Posted by northernbird
Actually a Lancastrian lass but spent most of my years in the fens, good job you escaped as you would probably have been married to your sister by now
Oooh that would make me a lesbian! Do you think I would be 'the only gay in the village?' Sorry, I couldn't help myself

Last edited by USAGypsies; Oct 9th 2007 at 2:43 am.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 6:52 pm

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the job, start Nov 12th
Old Oct 13th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

USAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triboy
Congratulations. Let us know how you find Peterborough.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

katie_UK is a glorious beacon of lightkatie_UK is a glorious beacon of lightkatie_UK is a glorious beacon of lightkatie_UK is a glorious beacon of lightkatie_UK is a glorious beacon of lightkatie_UK is a glorious beacon of lightkatie_UK is a glorious beacon of lightkatie_UK is a glorious beacon of lightkatie_UK is a glorious beacon of lightkatie_UK is a glorious beacon of lightkatie_UK is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations Triboy! I am originally from Stamford, which is a town about 14 miles from Peterborough. Queensgate is the shopping mall there and was my regular haunt as a teenager! Hope you enjoy the place, and if not move to Stamford it is absolutely beautiful!!
Old Oct 13th 2007, 2:15 pm

Thanks all. Well I'll have to do my years extended sentence here first, but will suss things out over the coming year, and let you all know what happens
Old Oct 14th 2007, 7:36 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah!!!! Fantastic news Triboy, well done. Am absolutely thrilled for you
Old Oct 14th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all. Well I'll have to do my years extended sentence here first, but will suss things out over the coming year, and let you all know what happens
Hi Triboy

Big fat congrats on the job - well done
Didnt read the whole thread - r u heading back this November or do you have to stay in the land that time forgot for a bit longer. Isa confused.
Either way though - nice one, so glad you're going to be back
xxxx
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Hi Triboy

Big fat congrats on the job - well done
Didnt read the whole thread - r u heading back this November or do you have to stay in the land that time forgot for a bit longer. Isa confused.
Either way though - nice one, so glad you're going to be back
xxxx
Hi thanks for your wishes

Well unless the transfer gets sped up, it will be at least another year here. But in that year, I'll be working for a UK firm, with a UK boss, and should be going home a few times in that year (plus our own Xmas visit). And with all the traveling around Asia and other regions working with the British team, I reckon the time will fly, and I'll 'feel' more plugged in to the UK anyway.

I reckon the triathlon training will take a big hit. I might have to scale it back and stick to cycling and swimming when I can, but I can live with that.

Just got an email from my sister asking me what we want for Xmas dinner. My first Xmas home in 19 (I think) Xmas'. Can't wait. Oh, did I mention my sister's house?
Attached Thumbnails Our latest cunning plan (Peterborough)-dscn0080.jpg  
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for your wishes

Well unless the transfer gets sped up, it will be at least another year here. But in that year, I'll be working for a UK firm, with a UK boss, and should be going home a few times in that year (plus our own Xmas visit). And with all the traveling around Asia and other regions working with the British team, I reckon the time will fly, and I'll 'feel' more plugged in to the UK anyway.

I reckon the triathlon training will take a big hit. I might have to scale it back and stick to cycling and swimming when I can, but I can live with that.

Just got an email from my sister asking me what we want for Xmas dinner. My first Xmas home in 19 (I think) Xmas'. Can't wait. Oh, did I mention my sister's house?

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice house too
You'll be in 7th heaven over Xmas - just think, frost and dark nights and winter warmer in the pubs
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice house too
You'll be in 7th heaven over Xmas - just think, frost and dark nights and winter warmer in the pubs
Yeah it's lovely, on a private estate in Bucks. Somewhere I have a great picture, almost taken from the same angle of the house covered in snow, but its not a digital pic. Looks great though.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Try "Peterborough migrant crime",

Peterborough: A city crumbling under pressure from immigrants
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
Actually you do have a valid point....

I have a lot of family in that area dotted about, my grandparents live in Lutton (small village) not far from Peterborough - lovely for country walks and stuff. But they have just had a murder on the local farm, two Polish blokes had an argument.

In saying that I guess these things can happen anywhere BUT it was a shock to hear it happened there, such a sleepy place you'd never imagine it.

There are plenty of villages and small towns close enough to Peterborough, just make sure you avoid the new estate with the Tescos not far from Yaxley (can't remember the name but it is sinking!!!)

Good luck
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:16 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
Actually you do have a valid point....

I have a lot of family in that area dotted about, my grandparents live in Lutton (small village) not far from Peterborough - lovely for country walks and stuff. But they have just had a murder on the local farm, two Polish blokes had an argument.

In saying that I guess these things can happen anywhere BUT it was a shock to hear it happened there, such a sleepy place you'd never imagine it.

There are plenty of villages and small towns close enough to Peterborough, just make sure you avoid the new estate with the Tescos not far from Yaxley (can't remember the name but it is sinking!!!)

Good luck
Hampton Hargate. We lived the other side of Yaxley and it was a surprise to most locals when they got the go ahead to build there.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Hampton Hargate. We lived the other side of Yaxley and it was a surprise to most locals when they got the go ahead to build there.
Yes, that must be the one... wasnt it on an old quarry or something?

Ooooh, strange that you lived in that neck of the woods, wonder if you know any of my family.....
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:32 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
Yes, that must be the one... wasnt it on an old quarry or something?

Ooooh, strange that you lived in that neck of the woods, wonder if you know any of my family.....
brickworks I seem to recall. or you could know some of mine.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

brickworks I seem to recall. or you could know some of mine.
i shoulda known that, my grandad and several of my uncles worked for London Brick Co.!!