Our Home is on the Market

Old May 26th 2008, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our Home is on the Market

Just had a home open and nobody came round. What is happening with this market. I think the media have scared everybody to death recently with some of their negative comments. :curse:
Old May 26th 2008, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice

Originally Posted by manc1
Just had a home open and nobody came round. What is happening with this market. I think the media have scared everybody to death recently with some of their negative comments. :curse:
We are in the same boat as you, we had open day Sat & Sun and had no joy, infact we have an open day every weekend and will be till its sold, selling it ourselves. Have three lots interested but haven't sold their own, time wasters ahhh.

We are also in Queensland.
Old May 26th 2008, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Renie
We are in the same boat as you, we had open day Sat & Sun and had no joy, infact we have an open day every weekend and will be till its sold, selling it ourselves. Have three lots interested but haven't sold their own, time wasters ahhh.

We are also in Queensland.

We are selling our own also. A real estate friend of mine said there are a lot of tyre kickers and carpet crunchers out there. One couple came round recently and spent nearly the whole home open going round and round the house opening cupboards and saying where their furniture would fit. We've never heard from them since. Some people need to get a life.
Old May 27th 2008, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice

We are selling our own also. A real estate friend of mine said there are a lot of tyre kickers and carpet crunchers out there. One couple came round recently and spent nearly the whole home open going round and round the house opening cupboards and saying where their furniture would fit. We've never heard from them since. Some people need to get a life.
Good luck to us both for next weekend then, when are you hoping to return?
Old May 28th 2008, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Renie
Good luck to us both for next weekend then, when are you hoping to return?
Not till early next year Renie but it would be nice to get rid of the house now. The word going round the real estate world here at the moment is that the market has gone flat. We may take it off the market for 2 or 3 months if that's the case and try again later.
Old May 28th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

boredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really niceboredbrit is just really nice

Originally Posted by brits1
Well at least this way I am droppinga couple of pounds in weight with the worry......well you have to look at the positive side of things......really though out of all the homes we have sold (3 here in Perth) I really, really want this so much to sell it's painful!!!!! it's our nicest home so far here in Aus but it's the one I want to sell the most!!!! asking the gods, angels etc to help out...even mightwrite to Chat magazine (my OH reads it..honest!!) for a few spells on selling a home....yep...getting that desperate!!!!
Quite new to this, so sorry I don't know your history, but how long have you been in Oz and what's your main reason for returning to UK? Hope that's not too nosey!
Old May 29th 2008, 12:46 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Hi Cherry, I have those Chat Mags if you want them?...first thing I would like (list is to long to mention) is Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps, and visit the "chippy" near my father in laws and have Curry,Rice and Peas....in a tray eating it on the way home....bliss....such a simple person that I am!!!!...loads more I would love to do but it would take me all day to write the list!!!!!!
Take care
Jackie
That would be great Jackie. Will drop round next week to get them if OK or u can come here for coffee? In fact if anyone else is local come round for coffee! I miss the Walkers crisps too. I torture myself by reading the Tescos website........
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry6
That would be great Jackie. Will drop round next week to get them if OK or u can come here for coffee? In fact if anyone else is local come round for coffee! I miss the Walkers crisps too. I torture myself by reading the Tescos website........
Hi Cherry, yes anytime this week will be fine...sorry not to have replied sooner but Kevin (my OH) was home for a week.....we went up to Hillarys Boat Harbour on Thursday and appart from having a nice meal....visited the English Sweet Shop and had a bag of Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps......boy did they taste good!!!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boredbrit
Quite new to this, so sorry I don't know your history, but how long have you been in Oz and what's your main reason for returning to UK? Hope that's not too nosey!
We have been in W.A for 10 years, we have had some nice times but despite travelling to other States, living in different suburbs it has never felt like home for us, we miss lots of things that when we where at "home" we took for granted....little things like talking to our Postie (who still delivers to our old home) have a cold (or even wet) Christmas, friends, family even the weather.......culture....oh the list is endless....I can fully understand why some people love their lives here in Aus...but for us it is just not home.....
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

we had our first home open last week (last Sunday in April) 9 couples came through....3 of those were neighbours!!! would not mind but our neighbours have been in for a coffee!!!! boy do I hate that.....anyway we did not have any offers (boy were we in a grim mood for a couple of days which is not like us at all!!) anyway found out the Sunday paper had not written home open....our house number was wrong etc..(so lordy knows how the other people who came through knew our home was open!!) anyway this Sunday bought the paper and our home was home open!! (not so our agent was away for the weekend!!) still had the wrong house number though....no homebuyers turned up anyway (we were at the airport anyway)...now my list for the week is to get a bomb (not a real one) up my agents backside and get him moving on this as when I phoned him yesterday (Sunday)he sounded quite "merry" and thought it was funny!!! gulp...here we go again!!!!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

As Tracey W said...for the first time in years here in Perth agents have to really work for their money...so they keep telling home owners that their homes have dropped in value (some are over priced) but the values they were asking us to sell at we were just giving our home away!!!!! easier money for them...apparently a record number of agents have dropped out of the market place...maybe it's not such an easy number for them now!!!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by isleofmanmike
Hi Jackie

I am one of the few 'City' supporters who do not hate United, I think this is because after living in Aussie for 15 years I was very patriotic about being a Mancunian and did'nt mind watching United on TV and always wanted them to win....my city mates here think I am mad and call united the 'scum'

It was a great game, all the pubs on the IOM were heaving, I watched a bit in my local then the rest at a mates house in Peel......don't like penalties though and don't agree with them being used in major tourmaments.
Yes that's just how I am about Utd...I think i you are a true football fan it does not matter whick team if they are good then credit where credit is due... (my OH is a red...gulp...thats the real reason we had to migrate...ha ha!!!! my brothers life long friend is a red!!!!)....I see we have approached Mark Hughes!!!! still no news here about Sven....I did see a clip about the TT races on the IOM last night...it looks like nice weather....lovely scenery...my dad use to go and watch and take his bike....when he was younger he use to have a Norton and a Triumph......my Dad's is 80 this year...it's hard to imagine him riding round the IOM on his bike!!!! we would like to tae him to watch when we are home.....he would be thrilled...might even put his leathers back on.....!!!!!!! now that would be a sight!!!!
I still think that City fans are the best though...witty (we have to be with our team), stylish (have you seen some of those Utd fans on t.v.!!!)better looking!!...well I would say that!!!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes that's just how I am about Utd...I think i you are a true football fan it does not matter whick team if they are good then credit where credit is due... (my OH is a red...gulp...thats the real reason we had to migrate...ha ha!!!! my brothers life long friend is a red!!!!)....I see we have approached Mark Hughes!!!! still no news here about Sven....I did see a clip about the TT races on the IOM last night...it looks like nice weather....lovely scenery...my dad use to go and watch and take his bike....when he was younger he use to have a Norton and a Triumph......my Dad's is 80 this year...it's hard to imagine him riding round the IOM on his bike!!!! we would like to tae him to watch when we are home.....he would be thrilled...might even put his leathers back on.....!!!!!!! now that would be a sight!!!!
I still think that City fans are the best though...witty (we have to be with our team), stylish (have you seen some of those Utd fans on t.v.!!!)better looking!!...well I would say that!!!!!!
I type to fast (touch type) it's "take"...I will have to read my threads before I post in future......
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Nice to see more Man City fans on here too Jackie & Isleofmanmike! although there is little to put thumbsup for with their performance this season

Hoping your house sells Jackie........in fact, wishing everyone who has their house on the market in the hope of getting home soon this year the very best of luck.

Ruby x
Hi Ruby, nice to hear from you...how are you?....I just knew you to be a City fan..how?....well your well educated....witty......and from the "better" side of Manchester......!!!! yes a bit of a hit and miss season really....nothing like being a City fan for a rollercoaster ride!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Ruby, nice to hear from you...how are you?....I just knew you to be a City fan..how?....well your well educated....witty......and from the "better" side of Manchester......!!!! yes a bit of a hit and miss season really....nothing like being a City fan for a rollercoaster ride!!!!!!!!

Here's one for all you City fans.

There are three types of oxo cubes, light brown for chicken stock dark brown for beef stock and light blue for laughing stock.

I'll get me coat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.