Other Minnesota Folks?

Old Dec 15th 2003, 7:57 pm
Dazed and Confused

KatherineH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Other Minnesota Folks?

Hey all (brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!)

Just wondering if I could get some input/advice/stories from other Minnesota folks about AOS. Did you file in person or mail it in?

Fiance and I are still trying to work out some timing issues, our wedding date is set but we're trying to decide if he should come over ASAP before the wedding, or keep working in the UK and move here closer, and not start working til after the honeymoon.

It looks like the St. Paul office is processing EADs pretty quickly but honestly, I'm so overwhelmed by the process right now that I feel like I'm going crosseyed.

Feel free to post or PM, thanks!

-Katherine
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Carl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Other Minnesota Folks?

Originally posted by KatherineH

Just wondering if I could get some input/advice/stories from other Minnesota folks about AOS. Did you file in person or mail it in?

Fiance and I are still trying to work out some timing issues, our wedding date is set but we're trying to decide if he should come over ASAP before the wedding, or keep working in the UK and move here closer, and not start working til after the honeymoon.

It looks like the St. Paul office is processing EADs pretty quickly but honestly, I'm so overwhelmed by the process right now that I feel like I'm going crosseyed.

-Katherine
Hi Katherine,

Just do a search for "Bloomington" and you can read all sorts of stuff about filing in MN.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:35 pm
unDAUNTEd

KissingtheBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

-Katherine

Hi Katherine,

We filed AOS in Bloomington and got Dave's EAD that same day. Our AOS interview is tomorrow (eeek!). If I can anser any questions, please let me know and I'll try and help.

Ang and Dave
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:36 pm
unDAUNTEd

Originally posted by KissingtheBrit
Hi Katherine,

We filed AOS in Bloomington and got Dave's EAD that same day. Our AOS interview is tomorrow (eeek!). If I can anser any questions, please let me know and I'll try and help.

Ang and Dave

PS - we tried to mail ours in (AOS package) and got it all back with a note saying to file in person.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

speedyvespa is on a distinguished road

-Katherine
Katherine;

Don't bother queuing up at Bloomington to file your AOS - you'll have to be at 4am, and all they will do is forward it to Chicago, who then forward it to the NBC. Also, they don't issue EADs on the spot any more.

Wish I had better news! But save yourself some queuing up at 4am in the midst of 9F weather and queue up at the post office instead!

- Mark
Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:06 pm
unDAUNTEd

Originally posted by speedyvespa
Katherine;

Don't bother queuing up at Bloomington to file your AOS - you'll have to be at 4am, and all they will do is forward it to Chicago, who then forward it to the NBC. Also, they don't issue EADs on the spot any more.

Wish I had better news! But save yourself some queuing up at 4am in the midst of 9F weather and queue up at the post office instead!

- Mark

Hiya Mark,

When did they change the EAD procedure? I must have totally missed something. They returned mine when we tried to post it (a renewal) saying we had to come down. Don't tell me I waited in that Godforsaken queue for nothing. Grrrr.... (It was horrendous!)

Speak to you soon!

Ang and Dave
Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya Mark,

When did they change the EAD procedure? I must have totally missed something. They returned mine when we tried to post it (a renewal) saying we had to come down. Don't tell me I waited in that Godforsaken queue for nothing. Grrrr.... (It was horrendous!)

Speak to you soon!

Ang and Dave
Hi Ang,

T'was all changed at the beginning of October (2 weeks before I filed mine - something of a sore spot in this household) but was apparently brought into being by the MSC becoming the NBC and the other INS > BCIS changes.

All I know is, I can't work as a result.

- Mark

P.S. Good luck again for tomorrow!!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 11:24 pm
unDAUNTEd

Hi Ang,

T'was all changed at the beginning of October (2 weeks before I filed mine - something of a sore spot in this household) but was apparently brought into being by the MSC becoming the NBC and the other INS > BCIS changes.

All I know is, I can't work as a result.

- Mark

P.S. Good luck again for tomorrow!!
Ahhhh, so that's the scoop. We must have *just* missed it as we renewed in October. Thanks for the info.

I'm just sitting here reading about how I can get into the UK if something should go terribly wrong tomorrow. *lol*

Thanks for the well wishes. Be careful on the sidewalks tonight.

Ang and Dave
Old Dec 15th 2003, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Ahhhh, so that's the scoop. We must have *just* missed it as we renewed in October. Thanks for the info.

I'm just sitting here reading about how I can get into the UK if something should go terribly wrong tomorrow. *lol*

Thanks for the well wishes. Be careful on the sidewalks tonight.

Ang and Dave
They still do interim and renewals on the spot (as far as I know!), just not fresh I-765 applications. Just thought I would clear that up - I certainly don't want to confuse anyone!!

- Mark
Old Dec 15th 2003, 11:50 pm
Dazed and Confused

KatherineH is an unknown quantity at this point

I suppose the silver lining is that we can get our AOS package mailed instead of delaying our honeymoon to spend a morning in the USCIS line.

I just feel like no matter how much research I do, I still don't understand the process. The USCIS site gives basic info and instructions, but no real life how to's or what if's. We have a while yet (wedding is scheduled for Sept 25th, 2004, leaving what should be more than enough "wiggle room" for the NSC) but I feel like I'll need all that time to even begin to understand what has to happen when he moves here and after the wedding.

Having a lawyer starts to make sense now. The 129F petition seems easy in retrospect!

-Kather
Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:03 am
Craig Larson

>
    >
    >
    >We filed our AOS in person on March 27th and received EAD and AP the
same day.Dawn received her 551 stamp on Dec5th at the support center.
We did not have to have an interview.It was a long summer as they
misplaced some paperwork and i had to re-fax it otherwise they told me
we would of had the 551 stamp a lot sooner. Not sure why we didnt have
to interview but was glad.

We arrived at 6:15am on the 27th and we were number 278th in line we
got out of the bloomington office at 5 pm that night.One very long
day.

Good luck with the process.

Craig

Old Dec 16th 2003, 5:35 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

The St. Paul District Office isnt issuing EADs same day anymore???
Old Dec 16th 2003, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
The St. Paul District Office isnt issuing EADs same day anymore???
It wasn't when we visited - a BCIS official came upstairs and announced to the queue that K applicants would not be issued with an EAD, as they had been instructed two weeks previously not to do so.

Whether this has been changed back, I don't know - perhaps you could write and ask?

This is only for your first-time EAD application, as far as I'm aware - I would assume that they are still issuing interim and renewal/replacement EADs as they are supposed to.

I will be able to confirm their stance on the interim item in the new year....! (ulp)

- Mark
Old Dec 17th 2003, 12:26 am
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

It wasn't when we visited - a BCIS official came upstairs and announced to the queue that K applicants would not be issued with an EAD, as they had been instructed two weeks previously not to do so.

Whether this has been changed back, I don't know - perhaps you could write and ask?

This is only for your first-time EAD application, as far as I'm aware - I would assume that they are still issuing interim and renewal/replacement EADs as they are supposed to.

I will be able to confirm their stance on the interim item in the new year....! (ulp)

- Mark

Wow I wonder why the change. My husband will be up for renewing his next year as well.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
Wow I wonder why the change. My husband will be up for renewing his next year as well.
Peachster;

I'm writing to the Bloomington office tomorrow to ask them to confirm their policy on walk-in EAD issuance, with regard to interims in particular. I'll also ask them their policy on renewals and replacements, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm just concerned as I have no NOA for my I-765, and I imagine it's therefore somewhat to their discretion.

But I'll let you know what I find out.

- Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.