Wikiposts

Opening a bank account

Old Jan 29th 2011, 9:24 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future
Default Re: Opening a bank account

what happens to peoples credit rattings when they return after a stay away? do you have to produce a life history of the last 10, 20 or 30 years or is it a clean slate..
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:22 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kmthor
what happens to peoples credit rattings when they return after a stay away? do you have to produce a life history of the last 10, 20 or 30 years or is it a clean slate..
We have little to no credit rating here. I had a credit card but didn't use it so it didn't earn me any score. The big thing is to be on the electoral register and to order a Next or Littlewoods catelogue! Our manager informed us we didn't need to buy stuff but merely having it gives us a higher rating. Also, start using your credit card right away and make timely payments.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 1:40 am
Just Joined

RPorter is an unknown quantity at this point

After discussing with the hubby more, I think we are going to wait and open an account once we go visit next year. I'm not very fond of the 200 that HSBC charges just to open a blasted thing and with hubby still having his UK driver's license and his mum's addy, he will just open up a local account then. That is, unless I find a cheaper way to do it before then.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:47 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
Are you getting bank statements? I looked at mine and nearly died when I saw the monthly charges. Hopefully you've been struck off!

We're so excited that we're the proud owners of a UK bank account and a credit card (that I won't be using). We could've done things a lot better and saved ourselves lots of runninga round if we'd simply gone to Barclays in the first place. Hey ho, tis done at last!

I can't believe your moving back after all those years away. Amazing. I can't wait to read about your journey in the near future and I wish you a safe and happy time ahead. x
Well if I was getting bank statements they would be going to England not Australia.

When I go back I will pop in and take my passport and show them I wasn't even in the country?? Hopefully it has already been shut down....

Thanks Lillybilly, very much of an emotional roller coaster for me, yesterday couldn't stop crying.

Today I have palpitations LOL!!

I just sold all my furniture on Saturday to a young couple who are picking it up on Feb. 12th so I have leave to now as I have nowhere to sit or sleep LOL!!!