Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Open home this weekend how many sold

Open home this weekend how many sold

Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Open home this weekend how many sold

Originally Posted by brits1
Oh well done and all the very best of luck to you.....hopefully we can write a "post" just like you soon.....I think the same damage was done through our Agent...and believe you me we had to be really firm about us lowering our house price.....that happend last week..but was not put into the paper at the new price (boy have we had some problems with this agent...it's our last weekend with our contract....not sure what to do after that) so hopefully we will have better luck this weeking...everything is being crossed...and I mean everything....it's killing my eyes..amongst other things...
Hows its going Brits have you had any bite's on your home. Ours will go back on the market when we arrive back from the UK in September. Thats if the housing market has not got any worse. So many houses are up for sale many of the signs are taken down and people just stay or you look on the agents websites and see the houses reduced in price. One has gone from over 1million to $735,000 and it still does not sell it must have been on the market for nearly two years. Our next door neighbour had there's on the market for a year and then took it off and have done alot of renovations but I think they are staying put.

Our bedroom makeover is almost finished the window is in the the closet is almost done just got to paint it and put the carpet back down.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Open home this weekend how many sold

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Hows its going Brits have you had any bite's on your home. Ours will go back on the market when we arrive back from the UK in September. Thats if the housing market has not got any worse. So many houses are up for sale many of the signs are taken down and people just stay or you look on the agents websites and see the houses reduced in price. One has gone from over 1million to $735,000 and it still does not sell it must have been on the market for nearly two years. Our next door neighbour had there's on the market for a year and then took it off and have done alot of renovations but I think they are staying put.

Our bedroom makeover is almost finished the window is in the the closet is almost done just got to paint it and put the carpet back down.
No not sold...our contract is up with this agent now (thank for lord) he is apparently retiring and closes his offices down..it's been a fiasco with him from the start but we did end up paying for more advertising (he messed that up to) and had home opens for the last 3 Sundays.....people are coming through for the most it sounds like they are just looking or are having a home to sell themselves some cannot afford the price but wanted a look anyway and 99.9% say it's a lovely home and should sell quickly (been on the market for about 2.5 months) my Oh has said he now wants to leave it a couple of months until the Spring and then put it up again....in the mean time he wants us to go and stay with my Dad in the U.K so our sons can get into college and High School at the start of the U.K school year....it would mean my husband staying here and taking a lower paid job...I would have to use our savings in the U.K until I could find full time work, I did want to go to college and re-train but that will have to be put on hold as money will be "tight" until we sell our home here in Perth.....not a great situation but the only one we can think of that will enable us to return home....renting this home out is just not an option, it has solid wooden floors everything which are highly varnished etc it's just not a rental home as such........not long to your holiday now are you looking forward to it as is that a really daft question....it's Winter here in Perth now and I suppose never a good time to sell even in a "down turn" in the market.....well that's the plan at the moment....all I have to do is ask my dad (gulp).....
Take care and have a good week...good luck with the D.I.Y, sounds lovely, our home is only 19 months old there is just not anything we can do to make it sell quicker!! wish there was, maybe a pool,spa,sauna,outside bar........
Jackie